AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the Miami sighting...

Is it possible that Jayme was gone before the shooting occurred? This could always be a possibility. It’s a remote possibility, yes, but still a possibility. While the sighting seems unlikely due to timing, the details of it are extremely odd.

Also, when is the last time someone spoke to the Closs family that day? We may not know when the altercation started. If they were tied to chairs that suggests this wasn’t something that happened quickly.

Just my opinion, but we can’t rule anything out at this time. It’s just way too early to do so based on the information released to the public.

Just got caught up on this thread and got to say that this case is one of the scariest for me I think. Before I get into my theory on what possibly could have happened I think the Miami sighting will end up being nothing to be honest with you because with driving distance being 26 hours she would not even have gotten there until early this morning. You figure 1AM Monday morning to 1AM Tuesday morning is 24 hours. They wouldn't have arrived in Miami until damn near almost 4AM or even later because of traffic and that Miami PD tweet was from 7 hours ago. There is just no way.

As for what happened to Jayme, based on everything we know so far I really think this is going to be a kidnapping by a predator who has been watching her for a while now. I believe that given the circumstances that this was pre-meditated and the perp set out with the intention of abducting Jayme and therefore committed the crime at night because it would give them leeway to grab her and leave without being seen. I believe that Jayme is the one who called 911 and is heard telling help. The reason I think this is because I think if it was her mom or dad the phone would have been found nearby. If it was Jayme the perp more than likely grabbed her and then took the phone from her before she could speak into it which is why she was yelling help. I’d say that’s why the phone is not at the scene(I really believe the phone that made the call is not st the scene and that’s why LE is analyzing the call. Another reason I believe she was taken by someone is because no weapon was found at the scene. I think the perp has it on them.

My prayers go out to Jayme and her family. I hope she is found safe.

Regarding the 911 call, was it 100% placed from the home?

NCMEC tweeted:

'NCMEC ALERT
1f6a8.png
Early this morning, police received a 911 call from Jayme Closs' home in Barron, #Wisconsin. @bcsheriff arrived and discovered the bodies of Jayme’s parents, but she was #MISSING. Police are extremely concerned for her well being and believe she is in danger.'

NCMEC on Twitter

BBM

and a reporter replied this:

Jason DeRusha‏Verified account @DeRushaJ

'I’ll double check after our news. I’m not sure that interpretation of the facts is correct- or at the least, they haven’t explicitly said that'

Jason DeRusha on Twitter

Just got caught up on this thread and got to say that this case is one of the scariest for me I think. Before I get into my theory on what possibly could have happened I think the Miami sighting will end up being nothing to be honest with you because with driving distance being 26 hours she would not even have gotten there until early this morning. You figure 1AM Monday morning to 1AM Tuesday morning is 24 hours. They wouldn't have arrived in Miami until damn near almost 4AM or even later because of traffic and that Miami PD tweet was from 7 hours ago. There is just no way.

As for what happened to Jayme, based on everything we know so far I really think this is going to be a kidnapping by a predator who has been watching her for a while now. I believe that given the circumstances that this was pre-meditated and the perp set out with the intention of abducting Jayme and therefore committed the crime at night because it would give them leeway to grab her and leave without being seen. I believe that Jayme is the one who called 911 and is heard telling help. The reason I think this is because I think if it was her mom or dad the phone would have been found nearby. If it was Jayme the perp more than likely grabbed her and then took the phone from her before she could speak into it which is why she was yelling help. I’d say that’s why the phone is not at the scene(I really believe the phone that made the call is not st the scene and that’s why LE is analyzing the call. Another reason I believe she was taken by someone is because no weapon was found at the scene. I think the perp has it on them.

My prayers go out to Jayme and her family. I hope she is found safe.
I agree with you. This is a scary case. I haven't commented yet but have been reading along here and in the news. I found it difficult to sleep last night. I don't want to imagine the scenario at the home in the early morning hours - it feels like the stereotypical boogeyman in-the-night-in-your-house nightmare. I'm hoping for any kind of a miracle rescue for Jayme.

On another note, regarding the drive to Miami from Wisconsin, remember that Miami is in Eastern Time and Barron is in Central Time...so 1am in Wisconsin is 2am in Florida. That loses another hour in this pretty much impossible drive to southern Florida and this sighting. jmo

Regarding the 911 call, was it 100% placed from the home?

NCMEC tweeted:

'NCMEC ALERT
1f6a8.png
Early this morning, police received a 911 call from Jayme Closs' home in Barron, #Wisconsin. @bcsheriff arrived and discovered the bodies of Jayme’s parents, but she was #MISSING. Police are extremely concerned for her well being and believe she is in danger.'

NCMEC on Twitter

BBM

and a reporter replied this:

Jason DeRusha‏Verified account @DeRushaJ

'I’ll double check after our news. I’m not sure that interpretation of the facts is correct- or at the least, they haven’t explicitly said that'

Jason DeRusha on Twitter

Sheriff Fitzgerald says a 911 call came in around 1A.M. The call came from a cell phone inside the residence but it’s not known who made the call. “We could hear yelling in the background on this 911 call, not much information," said Fitzgerald.

bbm

Not sure if this is 100% accurate but it is a clear statement.

BREAKING: Missing Barron Co. teen possibly spotted in Florida

Wait, and the call came in at 1am that same day? So that is only 13-14 hours later that she was seen in Miami? Not 24 hours as I had originally thought... I need more coffee to wrap my head around this one.

I have had to skip a few pages and may have missed whether it was confirmed Jayme was in the house when her parents were killed. Is it possible she was already gone? Could the parents have been held until whoever has Jayme was further away? This scenario would mean more than 1 or 2 people were involved which seems unlikely.

Do we know what time LE arrived on the scene?

Not an exact time, as far as I know. Shortly after 1 am is the closest I've seen.

Sheriff Fitzgerald says a 911 call came in around 1A.M. The call came from a cell phone inside the residence but it’s not known who made the call. “We could hear yelling in the background on this 911 call, not much information," said Fitzgerald.

He says the call lasted less than a minute and the only word that can be understood is “help”.

"Deputies arrived at that address a short time after the call ended to find no one around on the outside,” Sheriff Fitzgerald says as deputies approached the house, they saw the front door was open and there was a deceased male in that front door way. Officers later found a deceased female while searching the rest of the home.

BREAKING: Missing Barron Co. teen possibly spotted in Florida

Regarding the Miami sighting...

Is it possible that Jayme was gone before the shooting occurred? This could always be a possibility. It’s a remote possibility, yes, but still a possibility. While the sighting seems unlikely due to timing, the details of it are extremely odd.

Also, when is the last time someone spoke to the Closs family that day? We may not know when the altercation started. If they were tied to chairs that suggests this wasn’t something that happened quickly.

Just my opinion, but we can’t rule anything out at this time. It’s just way too early to do so based on the information released to the public.

bbm

Very interesting thought. Has anyone heard when they were last seen alive?

ETA: The chair LE took into evidence makes my skin crawl. What happened in that house?

Last edited:
Bumping this raw footage of the crime scene that is the best I've seen yet (*video at quoted link).

Also adding a couple photos showing some items that are being taken away, not sure if the items were part of the property or not, but interesting to note. Jmo

IMO, looks like a seemingly transparent object (screen?) being carried away on the left
View attachment 151408
Photo source: KatieSteiner on Twitter

A chair
View attachment 151409
Photo source: Amber Alert issued: Deputies search for Wisconsin girl whose parents are dead

Bumping for photo of chair.

barron6-jpg.151409

They showed footage of a crime scene tech taking a wooden chair out of the house, with what looked like ropes/strips of fabric tied on to it.
(Looked to me like someone was tied up)
Will try to find screencap
Yes, it looks like the Perp came prepared. I strongly suspect this to be an online romance (as much as a 13 year old can have a romance) with a 40 year old posing as 15.

How could they have made it to Miami so quickly? Seems highly improbable and too risky to drive the interstates. My guess is he is hunkered down in a cabin in the woods. He would have a hysterical teen on his hands and would want to get situated. I think they are well within 25-50 miles of her home, well concealed.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member