AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick question, if the 911 call was made from a cell phone from the Closs home and the person that called didn't get to really speak then how would LE have received an address from that call?

In Maryland there are 2 kinds of cell 'phases' most smart phones with GPS fall into Phase 2, those give 911 an address and plot it on a map. Sometimes it's an address off b/c it's using the GPS technology but a 911 operator I know says it's accurate within meters. Phase 1 is the older phones and they only give the address of the closest cell phone tower.

Disclaimer - this is Maryland, I don't know the level of technology the local 911 is using, nor the phone capabilities.

I only see one court case online related, however it was a divorce. Everything else checks out clean from the family.

I noticed something that troubled me a little bit here. In a town of 3300 people, there are 19 sex offenders who live within a 3 mile radius of the town center. 27, if you count the ones who have an address with the local jail.

I only see one court case online related, however it was a divorce. Everything else checks out clean from the family.

I noticed something that troubled me a little bit here. In a town of 3300 people, there are 19 sex offenders who live within a 3 mile radius of the town center. 27, if you count the ones who have an address with the local jail.

I believe that the local jail might be the lock-up for the entire county (Barron County). That would account for the higher number.

That makes me think it was on a landline or a cell phone that was found at the scene. My folks live in the country and for many years they had to keep a ladling because their cell phone service was unreliable.
Not sure a landline would give an indication of where the call was coming from though. Cell phones have GPS built in and will normally provide that info t0 911. In this case, no one interacted with 911 responders by phone so assuming it had to be a cell phone from which the call was made.

I get your point though. I live about 20 miles from Philly and I still have a landline as my cell is often unreliable, especially when leaves are on the trees.

Control. Mind games. Torture. SA of the mother. Who knows?

The house is not very visible from the street due to trees and not very visible to neighbors.
It's quiet and very dark at night.
Family described as reclusive. Perhaps perp knew this and knew their routine.
Perhaps he planned to stay longer.
Perhaps something went wrong.
Maybe Dad got free enough to call 911?
Then maybe perp shoots mom and takes JC with him, threatening to shoot her if dad follows.
Maybe Dad follows or fights anyway but is shot in the doorway.
Perp flees with JC and gun.
All just speculation at this point based on what we know so far.
And I agree, subject to change as new info becomes available.
Only thing I am sure of is that this is a very brazen perp to kill 2 adults in their home and abduct a child. It makes my blood run cold to consider what could have happened in that home.
MOO.

This is my thinking as well. I believe perp showed up at a reasonable hour. Tied everyone up. Got spooked, plans went south (drugs wore off? Paranoia set in?), killed parents, couldn't handle killing a child so took her and left???? Thinking out loud here.
If you shoot something/someone from a distance would it sound louder than if you then shot them point blank- holding the gun directly against that person? Maybe first shot didn't have intended consequence so second shot was needed to "finish the job"? Or first shot killed victim 1 then victim 2 tried to attack perp so second shot was at a closer range?

Enhanced 911
Enhanced 911 service is available for every household within Barron County. This valuable tool identifies the caller’s address, name, and telephone number, even if the caller is unable to provide the information. Effective midnight on 1/4/06, all 911 calls will be answered by the Barron County Sheriff's Department Communications Center.

Enhanced 911

Jayme Closs subject of Amber Alert after parents found dead - CNN

. . .

"During the 911 call, the dispatcher heard someone in the background yelling for help, Fitzgerald told CNN affiliate WCCO.

No one talked to the dispatcher directly, and investigators don't know who called, the sheriff told WQOW."

. . .

"Fitzgerald said he couldn't immediately say how the couple died, but gunshots were involved, WQOW reported."

. . .

"We believe Jayme was in the house when this took place," Fitzgerald told WCCO."

Wait, and the call came in at 1am that same day? So that is only 13-14 hours later that she was seen in Miami? Not 24 hours as I had originally thought... I need more coffee to wrap my head around this one.
And it is 1 hour later in Miami due to the time zone change so the time of the alleged sighting in Miami is only 12 to 13 hours from the 911 call.

I said this yesterday that law enforcement is, for whatever reason, not using the most recent photo of her. Not using a photo of what she looks like (older) makes no sense to me but apparently this is how law enforcement wants to do it and it is only going to lead to tips and calls across the country of alleged sightings that won't be her.

Worse, now people are going to see news stories in their area in other parts of the country and say - "Oh, she is in Florida" - and they aren't going to have an eye out where they are. The Miami sighting is blowing across nationwide if you look at the Google News feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert