AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your theory still stands. Gunshots were heard around 12.30am neighbours ignored it. Police got the phone call from the victims' house around 1.am

This sounds like it may have been Jayme who tried to call.

It sounds like the murdered victims had been bound to chairs. If shot execution style in the head their deaths would have been almost instantious.

Neither of them would have been able to call 911 30 minutes later.

It is strange though for the suspect to linger around for another 30 minutes knowing gunshots can easily be heard in the dead of night. So I am not sure what I think about that.

If they had bludgeoned the victims to death like Duncan did to his 3 murder victims that would be different since those type of sounds would remain inside the enclosed home.

I’m wondering if the phone used to call Police had a smart phone feature (like Siri) where someone could have instructed to dial 911. I used that feature a lot for messaging, esp when driving (hands free usage). Thing is, the Police have to know which phone was used . . .

This is my thinking as well. I believe perp showed up at a reasonable hour. Tied everyone up. Got spooked, plans went south (drugs wore off? Paranoia set in?), killed parents, couldn't handle killing a child so took her and left???? Thinking out loud here.
If you shoot something/someone from a distance would it sound louder than if you then shot them point blank- holding the gun directly against that person? Maybe first shot didn't have intended consequence so second shot was needed to "finish the job"? Or first shot killed victim 1 then victim 2 tried to attack perp so second shot was at a closer range?

I'm behind on the thread but the last I read, we don't yet know the official cause of death for both parents. From reading your post, the thought just occurred to me that maybe only one was murdered by 2 gunshots (if that is really all the gunshots there were-- Sometimes witnesses get the number they heard wrong). Maybe one died from other injuries. Just speculation. I hope we get more info and that Jayme is found today.

The police have to know the number that dialed 911. My daughter accidentally called 911 on my cell phone last year and hung up. The police were at my door in about 4-5 minutes. They could tell that the call came from within my house.

Well one good thing about the Miami tip (assuming it turns out to be false) is it certainly kicked the case into high gear on a nationwide level. First I heard of this case was this morning- my local news in Richmond, VA reporting about the Miami sighting. So many of these missing cases get no national attention- this one is everywhere this morning, after the Miami sighting

The only cameras I can think would be the ones actually in town (Barron, Cameron, Rice Lake) at a convenience store, hospital, etc. This is a really rural area and there are a lot of back, country roads one could travel if they wanted to avoid town.

This is going to land really late ~ DH and I had a cabin in Sawyer County, just past Barron county, for many years.

Cell phone coverage is poor. There are many, many fire roads and logging roads, and not all maps show them.

Many people have a number of jobs. Snowplowing, logging, farming, and of course, hunting. There is a fairly large Mennonite community.

In my experience, many of the kids in this rural area and less 'adult' than their city peers.

So I know this is a sleuthing site so people latch on to any piece of information they find, but I feel the need to stress the following:

LE are not obligated to release to the media all details of a case, whether or not in a timely manner.

Just because LE hasn't brought up something doesn't mean they aren't investigating that angle or don't have any leads. There is a strong ethical component to LE that doesn't exist in the media. We've all seen media outlets pick up rumours and stories that are later proven false, with little repercussion. LE is held to a higher standard.

Thank you!

There were also comments about the interior of the property late last night including a chair, rope, zipties. Does anyone have a link for this?

Sounds to me this was all very premeditated including murdering the parents before leaving with Jayme.

Imo they entered fully prepared and most likely brought everything they would need with them including binding supplies and firearm.

The police have to know the number that dialed 911. My daughter accidentally called 911 on my cell phone last year and hung up. The police were at my door in about 4-5 minutes. They could tell that the call came from within my house.

I believe they are choosing not to release that information right now, for whatever reason. JMO

Well one good thing about the Miami tip (assuming it turns out to be false) is it certainly kicked the case into high gear on a nationwide level. First I heard of this case was this morning- my local news in Richmond, VA reporting about the Miami sighting. So many of these missing cases get no national attention- this one is everywhere this morning, after the Miami sighting
It was on the NBC Nightly News nationwide last night. But many people do not watch news on TV anymore.

Since someone stated earlier that the pictures being used of Jayme are when she was a little younger, anyone have a more current picture?
I would like to share it. LE is asking that her info be shared on all SM as far as the last update I saw.
Thanks in advance,
Chi

I'm behind on the thread but the last I read, we don't yet know the official cause of death for both parents. From reading your post, the thought just occurred to me that maybe only one was murdered by 2 gunshots (if that is really all the gunshots there were-- Sometimes witnesses get the number they heard wrong). Maybe one died from other injuries. Just speculation. I hope we get more info and that Jayme is found today.

Just speculating of course but if the suspect shot both victims at close range with firearm pressed against both of their temples with one shot for each it would kill them both.

Since someone stated earlier that the pictures being used of Jayme are when she was a little younger, anyone have a more current picture?
I would like to share it. LE is asking that her info be shared on all SM as far as the last update I saw.
Thanks in advance,
Chi

Paul Blume‏Verified account @PaulBlume_FOX9
Paul Blume Retweeted Julie Krawczyk

'I've been asked numerous times over last 24 hours to share more recent photos of Jayme Closs. Please take a close look at these. If you know something about the whereabouts of the 13yo Wisconsin girl. Call authorities immediately.'

Paul Blume on Twitter

DpovFFYWwAA0nip.jpg DpovFFZXgAArUsw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads