AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In cases involving gas stations, LEOs usually record the footage on a cellphone or other video taping device

That was probably just some reporter that ask to view the vids, and she/he recorded it with her/his phone so she/he could post it on the internet to juice up a news story.

Just reading up on this one but my first thoughts are this has to do with somebody wanting Jayme. Perhaps somebody on the internet or an older boyfriend? Must have been one heck of a fight with two dead at 1am in the morning. I bet they never saw this coming. My thoughts are with all of them. So very sad when something like this happens.

Apparently the neighbor, Joan Smrekar, heard two very loud gunshots at 12:30, the second one even louder, which would be the one by the door or maybe even outside if it was that much louder. If the 911 call was around 1:00, that seems like a lot of time between the gunshots and the call. 20 or 30 minutes. They could only hear yelling in the background, and the word " help," but once they determine what is being said I'm sure that will be helpful. I wonder if they will know by the press conference.

Which movie are you seeing ? :)
Just being nosy.

Also marking my spot, and disappointed to see she hasn't been found safe.

The family gathering is interesting.
Esp. that it was held on a Sun. night, which most people do not do --- as other posters pointed out ---since it's a school night.

Still getting a bit of Joseph Duncan vibes... but if LE maintains their view that the public isn't in any danger ; well , then.
But it absolutely astonishes me that LE would say that--- I'd be afraid at night if I lived in that area !!! :eek:

So LE might feel this is someone known to the family ?
How sad is that . A person the parents might have trusted and allowed into their home .

We have to remember not once did the police come out and ever say there was a predator at large the entire time from when Duncan had murdered three and kidnapped two young children. And six weeks later murdered Dylan. Not one time in 7 weeks when he had Shasta kidnapoed. They were too busy harassing and falsely accusing Steve Greone..the father of the three children involved.

We must also never forget when little Jessica Lunsford was kidnapped from her home by her stranger pedophile murderer and not once did LE ever warn the community a dangerous predator was at large. Not once. Even though Couey..was right across the street from her home repeatedly raping Jessica for 3 days. Murdering her on day three. There again they were too busy right across the street from the predator falsely accusing her father and Jessica's grandparents

So when any LE agency says the community isn't in any danger I roll my eyes. They have said that same thing in so many cases implying the victims knew their killers. They were awful mindreaders I guess because all of those times they had no clue who the suspect even was for days..weeks or months and even years.

Only then it was proven how wrong they all had been and countless suspects did not even know any of the victims. They were total strangers

Imo

Last edited:
The sheriff described the scene as a "home invasion" which means there is a point of entry . I find it interesting that there was no mention of "robbery." However, it may be too early to evaluate property. As a clinician, I suspect the 911 call was Jayme. IF the house was broken into , the parents would respond. Children don't run to danger. They hide. Like in fires. I suspect Jayme hid and made the call. This sounds like a random crime, IMO. The perp didnt know there was a child in the house. If Jayme wanted to meet an online friend , she could have simply stepped out the door. Just my opinion.

Barron residents in disbelief as search continues for missing 13-year-old Jayme Closs
Meanwhile, signs scattered across Barron celebrate Chris Kroeze, a local contestant on the popular talent show “The Voice.” Kate Oleson, owner of Kate’s Bar, said the town was proud to be recognized on a national level for Kroeze’s achievement, but it’s been jarring for the community to go from that high to such a low with Monday's deaths and Jayme's disappearance, she said.

“I just hope they find her,” Oleson said.

Jodie Arnold, Denise’s first cousin who lives in Eau Claire, said in a Facebook message that she always looked up to Denise and recalled her red, curly hair. The two stayed connected as adults on Facebook, and Arnold sometimes received photos from Denise. When the family experienced other tragedies, Arnold said, Denise would visit the grave sites with her daughter and ensure they had fresh flowers.

“I know family was very important to her, and she adored her daughter,” Arnold wrote.

The sheriff described the scene as a "home invasion" which means there is a point of entry . I find it interesting that there was no mention of "robbery." However, it may be too early to evaluate property. As a clinician, I suspect the 911 call was Jayme. IF the house was broken into , the parents would respond. Children don't run to danger. They hide. Like in fires. I suspect Jayme hid and made the call. This sounds like a random crime, IMO. The perp didnt know there was a child in the house. If Jayme wanted to meet an online friend , she could have simply stepped out the door. Just my opinion.

If this is a random crime I find it odd LE would say there's no threat to the community or however they worded it.
jmo

This case is so disturbing and I've followed true crime for a long, long time. Random thoughts. All are MOO

Scenarios:
1. Jayme was taken by a sexual predator who had been watching her or talking to her online. To me, this is the most likely.
2. Jayme was taken by someone for sex trafficking. While possible, I would think snatching/luring kids off the street would be a lot easier and a lot more lucrative. However, maybe someone had a special request.
3. The parents worked at the Jenny-O plant and the dad had some kind of management role. Is that right? If so, perhaps there are people there who should not be working there (undocumented) and he threatened to blow the whistle. Or they THOUGHT he would. This is not victim blaming, just another scenario.
4. The parents saw something, again at work, that was some kind of criminal activity. They might not have even known what they had seen but meth heads can be incredibly paranoid. Again, not victim blaming, just a scenario.

For 3 &4 there is the possibility that they did not even know there was a kid in the house. Maybe the parents were tied to the chair when she was awakened? But then why not just shoot her there to silence a witness? I think they were taking that chair because of the knots and they want to know what kind they are and whether or not any similar kinds of crimes have been perpetrated using that kind of knot as a restraint.

The person who took her may still be going to work and acting like nothing is wrong and have her tucked away somewhere. Just because of the area, the size, the way the parents and child seemed to be (child was in a lot of activities that were open to the "public." ), there seems to be the likelihood that she was often seen by the perp. "How do we learn to covet, Clarice? We covet what we see every day."

However, something about this says OLDER to me. Not ancient, but not a teenager who did this. Whether he gained access through a window or walked through the front door while they were sleeping, that takes some cojones and some planning. Especially if you know nothing about the house or where the guns might be, etc. Thieves don't want to go into a house that's occupied if they can help it, which says that the child is what they were there for.

Unless this is a relative or family friend, I cannot see why they took this child unless it was for nefarious purposes. If it was a relative or friend, maybe she volunteered to go with them to keep herself alive. That would take a pretty savvy teen to think of that, though.

No way was that her in Miami. Miami PD did a serious disservice to this case by not just sending the info to the FBI or Barron PD. Having come from the midwest and knowing how long it takes to get to Spring Break, this would not even be possible with 2+ drivers. It's physics. You just can't get there that fast.

I do think that law enforcement is checking every street camera they can right now.

I think the answer is either right there in Barron or on that poor child's computer. Maybe she be found safe.

The parents worked at the Jenny-O plant and the dad had some kind of management role. Is that right? If so, perhaps there are people there who should not be working there (undocumented) and he threatened to blow the whistle. Or they THOUGHT he would. This is not victim blaming, just another scenario.

That's a very good point given the current climate we're in. When I was in Wisconsin, growing up, you would commonly hear about immigration and meat/poultry plants in the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa