AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
T
Conversly, my first thought was being unpleasantly reminded of Joseph Duncan III's insane and bizarre crimes.
Joseph Duncan III was also my first thought. My stomach turned. Then I thought of Lindsey Baum and the birthday party and complete lack of info. I hate this. I'm hoping in my heart that she is found.

The northern border isn't very protected. There are many ways to get into Canada not legally of course up by International Falls its said to be common knowledge. I wouldn't know that but have heard others say it.

Across the water perhaps. But elsewhere?

And from Barron, I would assume going up highway 53 to 61 and to Thunder Bay.

Do you think I falls is easier?

LE requested that info pretty much in press conference (they normally do in most cases), to report changes in anyone's routine, anyone who didn't show up for work, anyone acting strangely. I don't believe it's illegal or unethical at all, especially when attempting to catch a murderer and a kidnapper. jmo
Emph. mine

Exactly !

Do we know if Jayme had a boyfriend or ex-boyfriend ?
There could be a clue there.

Were all three of the families' phones located at the house ?
They need to look through all of the data on the phones.
---- Probably are doing so, as we post.
(As in; 'no , Sherlock'.)

I cross back and forth into Canada at least twice a week for the last 3 years, with my kids and on occasion their friends. I have had several conversations about how scarily easy it is to get In and out with other peoples kids. Granted I do Have all the documents but of the hundreds of times I’ve crossed, I’ve only been ‘randomly selected’ twice for a more thorough search. they have never asked me to pop my trunk. Ever.
Unless security at the border has been heightened to look for Jayme, it’s unfortunately easier then you’d think.

What do you show? A passport or what document do you have?

LE requested that info pretty much in press conference (they normally do in most cases), to report changes in anyone's routine, anyone who didn't show up for work, anyone acting strangely. I don't believe it's illegal or unethical at all, especially when attempting to catch a murderer and a kidnapper. jmo
I agree that was mentioned.

I may just be thinking to simply regarding this. As someone who has a team I oversee hearing this request may not completely register for me if say an employee has called out sick two days in a row, and they are typically someone who I would never suspect of something like this.

However if a law enforcement personnel where to point blank ask me for all employees who have not reported to work the last two days it may register then for me.

Saying that however I do not know how alert and vigilant this community may possibly be right now.

Across the water perhaps. But elsewhere?

And from Barron, I would assume going up highway 53 to 61 and to Thunder Bay.

Do you think I falls is easier?

Once the ice makes, it's easy to drive across by truck or snowmobile. We had an island up on the Canadian side of Rainy Lake. But I'm still thinking perp is holed up or heading to warmth.

Vigil held for missing Wisconsin teen as community waits for answers
Community members gathered for a vigil as the search continues for a 13-year-old Wisconsin girl who went missing after the death of her parents. Out of respect for the family, organizers asked the media to keep cameras outside the church. Inside, the community prayed for the 13-year-old's safe return.

"People in the community and surrounding communities just feel like they're a little helpless right now and they need something to do, somewhere to be and so it's just a way to bring everyone together in prayer," said MS, a family friend.

“Come home safe,” said an unidentified family member. “We want answers. That’s all. It’s very difficult. Jayme is the sweetest little girl. She wouldn’t hurt a soul.”

I agree that was mentioned.

I may just be thinking to simply regarding this. As someone who has a team I oversee hearing this request may not completely register for me if say an employee has called out sick two days in a row, and they are typically someone who I would never suspect of something like this.

However if a law enforcement personnel where to point blank ask me for all employees who have not reported to work the last two days it may register then for me.

Saying that however I do not know how alert and vigilant this community may possibly be right now.
Any person who can be eliminated is a positive. If someone has (hypothetically) called out 2 days in a row at the same time a murder and kidnapping has occurred in the community, imo is something needing a touch on at least. I would hope most people would understand as well and want to be helpful, unless there is something to hide. Anyone can be asked their whereabouts during a crime as I believe, especially of there is any possible suspicion of a connection. jmo
Thanks for your insight.

What do you show? A passport or what document do you have?
I have nexus (basically a pre-approved background check) so I go into a different lane but when we are in the regular lane if I’m traveling with people without nexus, all kids need to get through is a birth certificate, letters from their parents isn’t even required. Just ‘suggested’.

T

Joseph Duncan III was also my first thought. My stomach turned. Then I thought of Lindsey Baum and the birthday party and complete lack of info. I hate this. I'm hoping in my heart that she is found.
Another horrible case - interesting that bloggers helped connect him to the poor Martinez boy wonder if that was websleuths

And thanks for defining "Yooper" ...! New one on me....

I believe the folks who live in the Lower Peninsula are called "Trolls" under (south of) Mackinac Bridge.

Can you point to some back roads? Have never heard of that

For instance, in Northern Wisconsin where Dear Husband (DH) was born and raised (40 miles south of Ashland, WI) there are lots of woods with logging type roads. I guarantee you will get lost if you don't know the area or if you don't have GPS. Seriously. My brother-in-law took us exploring in his SUV on one-lane gravel roads, and I had no idea where the heck we were until we hit a paved county road. Tall trees and thick underbrush everywhere.

I haven't been to the Arrowhead part of MN, but I'm assuming the terrain there is much the same.

Really, if you have an SUV, and know some of these less-traveled roads, you could make it across the Canadian border.

Just an opinion.

Last edited:
For everyone saying that Jayme’s public Instagram profile with 0 posts is fake, I am pretty sure it’s real but is possibly an old account.<sleuthing family social media is not allowed> Imo it’s probably real then. However, the first time I checked she had 120 followers and now she has 250 so people are definitely following her more now that her name has gotten out.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are only two ties on the back. The wood on the left front leg near the chair seat doesn't have a string. It appears to be damaged and has lost the color of the wood stain.
View attachment 151559

No there is one on the front. And they actually look like shoe strings.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 2.37.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 2.37.07 PM.png
    794.6 KB · Views: 214
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 2.29.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 2.29.07 PM.png
    663.3 KB · Views: 192
Once the ice makes, it's easy to drive across by truck or snowmobile. We had an island up on the Canadian side of Rainy Lake. But I'm still thinking perp is holed up or heading to warmth.

What would be the point? A perp would have passports? A perp has a job and home in Canada? Living without money is impossible.

It isa long time until the lakes freeze solid.

I have nexus (basically a pre-approved background check) so I go into a different lane but when we are in the regular lane if I’m traveling with people without nexus, all kids need to get through is a birth certificate, letters from their parents isn’t even required. Just ‘suggested’.
Kids do not a passport or equivalent?

What would be the point? A perp would have passports? A perp has a job and home in Canada? Living without money is impossible.

It isa long time until the lakes freeze solid.

Said perp may have family or friends in Canada, who might look the other way and not ask questions if he brings Jayme there.

For everyone saying that Jayme’s public Instagram profile with 0 posts is fake, I am pretty sure it’s real but is possibly an old account. As soon as I heard of this story, which was last night (my time) I looked her up on Instagram and I was scrolling through her followers and found her mother’s cousins profile where she was posting about Jayme’s disappearance. Imo it’s probably real then. However, the first time I checked she had 120 followers and now she has 250 so people are definitely following her more now that her name has gotten out.

It may be a dormant one she has never used but she has commented on her friends' posts using the Jayme Closs (@clossjayme) • Instagram photos and videos account. We are not allowed to discuss SM of friends or family, but if you end up looking up any friends who commented on her FB page on IG you can see Jayme's comments (from weeks ago) using the @clossjayme account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea