The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t Harry’s last name Windsor?

Kinda, sort of....

Since 1917, Windsor became the official name of the British Royal House after it was changed from Saxe-Cobourg and Gotha
So descendants of King George V use Windsor as a surname when required

Here's the but...
In 1960 Queen Elizabeth and Prince wished their direct male line descendants to use the surname "Mountbatten-Windsor"

So those direct descendants of the Queen who do not have royal styles or titles use Mountbatten-Windsor as a surname. Though even the titled descendants may use Mountbatten-Windsor if a surname is required

Though, when William and Harry went to school and into the military they used Wales as a surname.:)

I was curious as to why Prince Edward (Queen's youngest son) is not a Duke.
I believe he declined a dukedom and expressed that he wished to be styled Earl of Wessex.
There are rumors that the Queen may give him the title of Duke of Edinburgh after Prince Philip dies.
Also, I believe, Prince Edward did not wish his children to be styled HRH or have Prince/Princess titles. So they are Lady Louse and James, Viscount Severn and use the Mountbatten-Windsor as a surname

There are other royal princes who hold the title of Duke, they are mostly the Queen's cousins

Kinda, sort of....

Since 1917, Windsor became the official name of the British Royal House after it was changed from Saxe-Cobourg and Gotha
So descendants of King George V use Windsor as a surname when required

Here's the but...
In 1960 Queen Elizabeth and Prince wished their direct male line descendants to use the surname "Mountbatten-Windsor"

So those direct descendants of the Queen who do not have royal styles or titles use Mountbatten-Windsor as a surname. Though even the titled descendants may use Mountbatten-Windsor if a surname is required

Though, when William and Harry went to school and into the military they used Wales as a surname.:)

Well, the Harry and Meghan need to let us know what surname they use so we can help them pick names for their baby that work well with it. I mean, come on, we’re ready to help! :D

Hm. Josey Wales.

I like The Windsor name better.

There are those people who only need one name. Cher.
Beoncy. Kanye.

William needs a last name, Harry and Kate need last names. Meghan as well.

Perhaps not as the Duke, Prince thing takes care of identity

DAY 1 in progress, it is 12.25pm in Sydney now.

Meghan’s Aussie dress crashes website

EAGLE-EYED royal watchers were quick to spot that Meghan Markle wore one of Princess Diana’s much-loved pieces on the first day of her tour Down Under.

The Duchess of Sussex wore the late Princess’s butterfly earrings and matching bracelet on her first day out in Sydney.
I love the white dress! Not so much the green one - it seems too dowdy.

Fergie should thank them for not announcing it publicly BEFORE the wedding. I think they were as discreet as possible given the timing of the Aussie tour etc. And of course the family had to be told first before it was made public, so i think they actually managed the tight time frames well.

I hope she has a lovely, healthy, enjoyable pregnancy and that all goes well with the birth. I wish the the happiest of happinesses.

I also wish the same for Eugenie and Jack, but perhaps Fergie still has to learn discretion, after all this time! :D
I was soooo sick with my 3rd pg but my SIL was getting married and we wanted to keep it quiet until after, so just told the immediate family. She & my MIL came running over during the reception asking if they could tell since the wedding was over lol.

But then we're neither famous nor royal so....

I think it was mean to announce when she did. She's been pregnant for months so no doubt has been refusing alcohol for some time. It could have waited a week--as we saw from the white dress she wore today, she's really not even showing.

The article I read on the BBC website said that Megan's already had her 12-week scan, and 12 weeks/3 months is the traditional time for Royal baby announcements. Maybe they already put the announcement date back so as to not put it out before Eugenie's wedding?

Isn’t Harry’s last name Windsor?
No, those with royal titles don't have last names. They are of the House of Windsor. If they require writing down a last name for whatever strange reason, they are able to use the last part of their title.
Prince's Harry and William used the last name Wales because their father and mother are the Prince and Princess of Wales.
Prince William and Kate's children use the last name Cambridge.
Not sure what last name Prince Harry and Meghan will use, could be Wales or they will take from their title and use Sussex.

Day 2 - Dubbo New South Wales

Meghan and Harry touch down in Dubbo

PRINCE Harry was snapped in a beautiful exchange with a young fan in Dubbo. What he did next will melt your heart.

What a great article! I smiled all the way through. What a sweet moment with the little boy. Harry’s speech was so touching, as was Meghan’s umbrella-holding. :) I LOVE her pony tail!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie