AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we knew the time that JC came home from work that day....... Could the killer already have been in the house with the women held captive, and waiting for him ?
exactly what I was questioning..if we knew what time the family gathered elsewhere for Birthday party then we would know if he was day shift or nights. I was just theorizing myself could someone had followed JC home if he was 2nd shift? tried to follow him in and he tried to fight the person off? LE knows way more then they are saying I am sure. I am speculating here and rambling obviously but I think we may see 2 COD between the 2 parents. we will know more today hopefully

They couldn’t have been being held at gunpoint for information if they were shot at 12:30 and the 911 call was at 1. They would have already been shot, unless there were additional shots that the neighbor didn’t hear.

Maybe they do have an idea of who did this, but not where they are. They could be afraid that releasing a name will get Jayme killed.

Nobody has said anyone was shot to death.
Maybe the gunshots didn't even hit a person.
Maybe they then used a smaller gun to kill them, or stabbed them, or beat them.

An entire group of 4 was held captive for many hours and nobody thought it possible. So I don't find it hard to believe it's possible in this case.

In several other cases they have released the name, vehicle and description in ORDER to find them. If they think they can find them on their own then that's great, I hope they are right.

I wish we knew the time that JC came home from work that day....... Could the killer already have been in the house with the women held captive, and waiting for him ?

Absolutely, that's certainly possible.

True. I am assuming both because Fitzgerald called it a “gunshot crime scene”

If he walked in to a door shot in, shells on the ground and 2 bloodied bodies it would be a gunshot crime scene. Whether anyone died of a gunshot or not. That may have been assumed and it may explain the refusal now to say anything about cause of death at all... if it's now been clarified that wasn't the cause of death.

I don't know, we don't really know anything at this point. That's the problem. We don't even know if anyone was shot and killed. We just know they are dead and 2 shots were heard. That's it.

What is wrong with ORKIN!!

Orkin uses poison that kills nearly everything that eats it, so yeah, it kills the bad critters like mink, fox, coyote, raccoons and might give wolves and bears an upset stomach. (and I doubt the coyotes or Racoons would be dumb enough to eat it) But it also kills the opossums, mice, groundhogs, dogs, cats, chickens, ducks and everything that eats the poison or poisoned animals carcass. If you've ever held a poisoned pet in your lap while it dies, you know why we don't use poison. Either you trap it, chase it off or kill it outright. And since I grew up 60 miles away, it's not abnormal to hear small caliber guns go off at night, but large caliber near homes? That gets attention real quick, if you are known to shoot off your deck, then the neighbors won't usually call the sheriff on you. But I'm a bit confused why a "nice quiet family" suddenly has two loud gunshots from their house awful close to midnight and no neighbor called them or at least the sheriff. We would have called about a dozen times and then Someone would call the sheriff while a few of us went over to see if everything was okay or if they needed help putting a fence back together or dragging a carcass away from the house.

You must be a city boy. :)

I remember having a phone conversation with my brother several years ago. At that time, he lived in a very small town (unincorporated) in Northeastern Wisconsin. He told me, "if you hear a gun go off, I'm shooting at such and such an animal", which was apparently wreaking havoc on his property. This was on a Sunday afternoon.

One never knows what will come tearing out of the woods. We were driving on a very rural road one night in Northern Wisconsin, and saw the following within a couple of hours:

1. Red Fox
2. Elk. Yes, elk. Two of them, huge. You do not want to hit one of these driving.
3. Many white-tail deer.
4. Wild turkeys.
5. Skunk(s). Did not see but smelled.

Same trip up north, within the next couple of days, a black bear went running right in front of the car in the daytime. Clueless as I am, I thought it was a very large black dog (!), and then realized it looked nothing like a dog.

I live in Northern MN (arrowhead). It would not be that unusual to use a gun to ward off critters at any hour - even late at night.

Has anyone discussed the possibility that one of the shots could have come from the mom or dad in a self defense attempt?

I am also wondering if there are traffic cameras at points on highway 8.

MOO

I do not even want to imagine what happened in that home. It seems to have a lot of anger behind it, but that is really hard to assess based on the limited information. They “seem” to be a typical family. My first instinct is a predator, but why not take her from the bus stop or while she’s outside one day? That seems less risky. It doesn’t “seem” to be a robbery. He, she, they got what they wanted, JC, but why use these extreme measures when there are other ways? Especially a predator who would have been watching JC. My guess is the motive was to get JC and the person/people was/were under the influence of drugs? The chair is bothering me too. I hope they find JC soon!

I've seen there's been a lot of talk about the chair, and whether or not it's important. In MHO it IS important. It paints a picture. And in that picture is what kind of beast we are dealing with, and what he is willing to do. It paints a picture of where he might go. There are so many possible scenarios. If you can picture the scene, you just might be able to picture Jayme, and solve the puzzle.

What does a "family caretaker" do? Is it for health purposes or something else?

I’m not sure. If she switched schools because of a caretaker, I’d think maybe after school help? Babysitter? Idk how WI works, but here you go to whatever school you are zoned for. If her parents had full custody of her, it would be their address and zoning (if laws are the same on WI as here anyway). Family caretaker is a bit of an odd wording though.

‘It is right next door’: Barron community in shock over couple’s slaying in early morning hours

Tom and Joan Smrekar woke up early Monday to the sound of two gunshots, seconds apart. Joan Smrekar looked at the clock by her bed. It was 12:31 a.m.

The Smrekars live about 300 feet from James, 56, and Denise Closs, 46, who were found dead in their rural Barron home by law enforcement early Monday, after police received a call from a cellphone within the home.

The FBI stopped at the Smrekars’ home Monday and asked them a variety of questions. The Smrekars also allowed agents to search their home, just in case Jayme Closs — or anyone else involved — could be hiding inside.

I’m not sure. If she switched schools because of a caretaker, I’d think maybe after school help? Babysitter? Idk how WI works, but here you go to whatever school you are zoned for. If her parents had full custody of her, it would be their address and zoning (if laws are the same on WI as here anyway). Family caretaker is a bit of an odd wording though.
Did Jayme switch from public to charter school? They have many in my area and most have flexibility as to when kids can be picked up- meaning someone stays after school ends with kids who have parents that cannot pick up by 3pm. If the family caretaker was a babysitter- I have never really seen that term used. Is it someone who will not only babysit but also fix dinner and maybe do house chores or laundry?

Did Jayme switch from public to charter school? They have many in my area and most have flexibility as to when kids can be picked up- meaning someone stays after school ends with kids who have parents that cannot pick up by 3pm. If the family caretaker was a babysitter- I have never really seen that term used. Is it someone who will not only babysit but also fix dinner and maybe do house chores or laundry?

Could be. Like a nanny.

She switched from “a Cameron school to Riverview Middle School in Barron”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member