AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jayme attended a Cameron School but transferred to Riverview Middle School in Barron because her family caretaker moved to that area, said Fitzgerald.

Autopsy results of dead couple coming soon; search for missing teen continues

Really this only makes sense if this is where Jayme went after school or something. Because her parents have lived in the same house her entire life. So why would this person moving cause her to change schools? Unless that is where she went before/after school? This is very possible since her parents have also worked at the same place since before Jayme was born. They knew when they needed help with her and when they did not.

I actually did not even think of Farms and farmers protecting their animals and that sort of thing as a common thing, I am embarrassed to say.:oops:

I mean, I still think this situation is strange to not have anyone think anything of it, but the possibilities being that it's not so unusual are clearer now.

Hopefully there will be information in the morning and Jayme will be found and safely returned.

I actually did not even think of Farms and farmers protecting their animals and that sort of thing as a common thing, I am embarrassed to say.:oops:

I mean, I still think this situation is strange to not have anyone think anything of it, but the possibilities being that it's not so unusual are clearer now.

Hopefully there will be information in the morning and Jayme will be found and safely returned.

Don't be embarrassed. You have to live in certain places to see what goes on.

Jayme attended a Cameron School but transferred to Riverview Middle School in Barron because her family caretaker moved to that area, said Fitzgerald.

Really this only makes sense if this is where Jayme went after school or something. Because her parents have lived in the same house her entire life. So why would this person moving cause her to change schools? Unless that is where she went before/after school? This is very possible since her parents have also worked at the same place since before Jayme was born. They knew when they needed help with her and when they did not.
I think they lived there for about 7 years, not her entire life.

Tom Smrekar said the Closses moved in next door about seven years ago, but he has spoken with them only a handful of times

‘It is right next door’: Barron community in shock over couple’s slaying in early morning hours

I remember having a phone conversation with my brother several years ago. At that time, he lived in a very small town (unincorporated) in Northeastern Wisconsin. He told me, "if you hear a gun go off, I'm shooting at such and such an animal", which was apparently wreaking havoc on his property. This was on a Sunday afternoon.

One never knows what will come tearing out of the woods. We were driving on a very rural road one night in Northern Wisconsin, and saw the following within a couple of hours:

1. Red Fox
2. Elk. Yes, elk. Two of them, huge. You do not want to hit one of these driving.
3. Many white-tail deer.
4. Wild turkeys.
5. Skunk(s). Did not see but smelled.

Same trip up north, within the next couple of days, a black bear went running right in front of the car in the daytime. Clueless as I am, I thought it was a very large black dog (!), and then realized it looked nothing like a dog.
Agree. I came across an humongous elk once at night and it was scary.

We were in a small pinto type hatchback leaving a pub in upstate New York. My friends girlfriend was tipsy and driving us back because we were extra tipsy. So its dark and we are on some winding road in Upstate Ny. Anyways the girl is jaming to the music and not paying attention.

I look to the side and seen this humongous elk ready to dart across the road but looked blinded by the headlights as it was deciding.

Anyways as we speed passed it I immediately noticed that the elk was bigger than the dang car we was in. So it definitely would have wrecked us more than we would have wrecked it.

Btw. The girl was so busy enjoying the music that she didn't even see this mammoth size elk pondering a split decision. And she didn't even believe me when I said Oh snap did you just see that. Lol.

She said. Yeah right. You must be drunk. Lol.

Im just glad she didn't see it because she probably would have veered us off the road out of sheer holy crap fear. :)

Would you pull your teenager out of a school they are comfortable in for a babysitter, or would you just find a new babysitter? Maybe pickings are slim for good after school caretakers, just seems odd to change schools over it though. If she is a normal 13 year old, I’d think she could adapt to a new sitter without having to switch schools to follow the sitter?

This is so very baffling to me- robbery is out - criminal behavior drug use by parents- not on the table- Jayme seems to be a sweet quiet, smart 13 year so I am not leaning towards online perp- So why in the world in the middle of the night would someone go to a house in the middle of noplace to kill 2 parents and kidnap Jayme? How did the person even know Jayme... to me this is such a mystery- I have no gut feelings - Just prayers that Jayme is someplace safe!!!! Any documented Megan's law folks in the neighborhood?

“So why in the world in the middle of the night would someone go to a house in the middle of noplace to kill 2 parents and kidnap Jayme? How did the person even know Jayme... to me this is such a mystery”

————-

Well said.

How did the person even know Jayme?

(Talking to myself in my head “How did the person even know Jayme...how did the person even know Jayme...how did the person even know Jayme....”)

Last edited:
“So why in the world in the middle of the night would someone go to a house in the middle of noplace to kill 2 parents and kidnap Jayme? How did the person even know Jayme... to me this is such a mystery”

————-

Well said.

How did the person even know Jayme?

(How did the person even know Jayme...how did the person even know Jayme...how did the person even know Jayme.....)

I’d love to see her internet history....

Would you pull your teenager out of a school they are comfortable in for a babysitter, or would you just find a new babysitter? Maybe pickings are slim for good after school caretakers, just seems odd to change schools over it though. If she is a normal 13 year old, I’d think she could adapt to a new sitter without having to switch schools to follow the sitter?
Or if she had a friend who had a parent home at dismissal time couldn't she just go there until one of her parents get off work to fetch her? I think I am just not quite understanding the family caretaker.

2 people dead, 13yr old missing most likely abducted " I don't want to say there is a danger to the community" Sheriff Fitzgerald please enlighten us what you would consider a danger to the community?
Until this person/s are caught the community is very much in danger, specially when no information is shared to say otherwise.

Or if she had a friend who had a parent home at dismissal time couldn't she just go there until one of her parents get off work to fetch her? I think I am just not quite understanding the family caretaker.
Jayme participated in track, cross country, and attended dance classes for the past several years. I don't think it was just that she needed somewhere to go as much as she needed someone to get her back and forth to activities. That is, if her parents were unable to do so because of their work schedules.
Sheriff: Miami tip 'not credible' in search for missing teen
Jayme dance.png
MOO

Honestly, I wouldn't have a babysitter for my 13 year old.

so Just looking around 7 miles difference between the 2 schools.
they only lived 1 mile from the Riverview middle
if they had been in this house for 7 years it would have been since Jayme was in kindergarten or preK… confused as to why switch her, unless transportation and work became an issue.
just wanted to see the area and distances between places.

ETA: both of these schools are within same county if that has any value.

Last edited:
if they had been in this house for 7 years it would have been since Jayme was in kindergarten or preK… confused as to why switch her, unless transportation and work became an issue.
So...maybe someone (older) from her old school was bothering her?

Maybe there was a bullying type situation or another school offered different activities or access to your closer friends. Or mom and dad shifts changed so the latter school was more doable.

Plus some schools are k-12 or 1-6 or 7-12 or whatever. But we truly don't know their main reasons for the transfer. Idk.

Why Jayme??

(Just has a flashback of “Why Abby and Libby?” from their PC :( )

I know LE is checking into eveeeeryone she could have come in contact with.

There has been much input here from many posters re: possible ways he could have known Jayme.

So what can we possibly do as sleuthers that the FBI and other agencies can’t do? Seems all we can do is please keep sharing her photo and information on every social media you’ve got, distribute flyers where you can...(@PommyMommy tell us about the Pizza flyer thing you guys got going for Lucas, etc..special thanks to @chihuahua for help getting the word out to the truckers which is huge, we can all maybe think to ourselves what we can really do to help get the word out on our ends. As someone upstream said so well, “there is a sense of urgency here” (the words that keep coming to my mind are “volatile” and “explosive”).

I have no idea if Jayme is still alive or not. I haven’t watched the PC yet so doing that now; I’m also behind here as usual, thanks everyone for your updates and thoughts.

—-
Ps: All such cases are awful but I’ve got to say this one really gives me “that sick feeling”.

Tick Tock.

Last edited:

I read "family caretaker" as grandma or aunt who watched the kids after school while the family worked. I think it's just a poor choice of words from the reporter. Maybe Riverview is a better school so they took advantage of the opportunity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member