AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
when it comes to the chair I’m not really sure what to think. I can see the fabric/rope/shoelaces/whatever it is that are attached and my initial reaction was that it was just the cushion ties. Some cushions have ties in both the front and back so that part doesn’t bother me. But something has been bugging me about it...if they wanted to remove the cushion then the easiest ways would either be to untie it or cut the ties off with it. Seems really impractical to me that they would cut the cushion off but leave the ties.

It seems like a small detail, but it would obviously tell a very different story about what happened in that house if that was in fact rope and not the cushion ties. So I’d really like to know. I’m sure LE won’t tell us anytime soon (and they don’t have to), but I’m very curious.

Due to her parent’s changing work schedules, I’m thinking Jayme’s caretaker is more than just an after school babysitter. Maybe a close relative (grandparent, aunt, uncle?) who also feeds Jayme, transports her to activities, has her overnights, and is there for any emergency consents, snow & sick days, etc. This person (relative?) may have limited or co-custody (due to the above situations). If so, maybe there was a custody/caretaker dispute over how/when/where Jayme was taken care of?

Honestly, I wouldn't have a babysitter for my 13 year old.

How would your 13 year old get herself to dance, track and cross country while you were at work? Practices, rehearsals, meets, recitals, they aren't going to be next door in this area.

Maybe they preferred she not be home alone in an area where you might have to shoot predators in your yard at 1am? We still don't know what shifts they worked.

As far as the door being shot in. I’d take that with a grain of salt until LE says more. I realize it was supposedly said by a family member, but I’ve learned from following a few cases on here that you can’t take those things as fact unless it comes directly from law enforcement. Just recently in the Mollie Tibbetts case there were a bunch of things said by family members/neighbors/etc that ultimately were shown to be inaccurate. Not that I think those people were deliberately lying, but more likely they were either offering opinions that were published as facts or maybe misinterpreted some things that LE told them.

when it comes to the chair I’m not really sure what to think. I can see the fabric/rope/shoelaces/whatever it is that are attached and my initial reaction was that it was just the cushion ties. Some cushions have ties in both the front and back so that part doesn’t bother me. But something has been bugging me about it...if they wanted to remove the cushion then the easiest ways would either be to untie it or cut the ties off with it. Seems really impractical to me that they would cut the cushion off but leave the ties.

It seems like a small detail, but it would obviously tell a very different story about what happened in that house if that was in fact rope and not the cushion ties. So I’d really like to know. I’m sure LE won’t tell us anytime soon (and they don’t have to), but I’m very curious.
Yes. If the they wanted the cushion, it seems they would cut the ties at a point where there would be the least loss of material. There was still a lot of material left on the back rungs.

The material looked too long to be ties, imo.

If a body was tied to the chair, it would make sense to cut material closer to the body, so that the knots could be analyzed while on the chair.

Jayme attended a Cameron School but transferred to Riverview Middle School in Barron because her family caretaker moved to that area, said Fitzgerald.

Autopsy results of dead couple coming soon; search for missing teen continues

Really this only makes sense if this is where Jayme went after school or something. Because her parents have lived in the same house her entire life. So why would this person moving cause her to change schools? Unless that is where she went before/after school? This is very possible since her parents have also worked at the same place since before Jayme was born. They knew when they needed help with her and when they did not.

This stands out:

“Because her parents have lived in the same house her entire life.”

And “worked at the same place since before Jayme was born.”

Were there ever any holiday parties, work gatherings where the kids could come? Who at that plant would know about Jayme maybe? Probably a lot of people if they worked there that long. Could even be an ex employee. I know you guys have discussed this plant some. Before I said I’m going back to thread 1 but got distracted, I’ll try again!

Last edited:
How would your 13 year old get herself to dance, track and cross country while you were at work? Practices, rehearsals, meets, recitals, they aren't going to be next door in this area.

Maybe they preferred she not be home alone in an area where you might have to shoot predators in your yard at 1am? We still don't know what shifts they worked.
Agreed. I didn't think about the extra curricular activities, and I also don't live in a rural area.

Found this.....may or may not have anything to do with her changing schools. Information About Caretaker Supplement (CTS)

I just can't figure out why they would have qualified for it? I would certainly hope if Jayme had some sort of disability we would have been informed of that by now as it would be important! Both parents worked full time as far as we know... it doesn't seem on the surface like anyone in the house would have qualified for SSI.

I don't think they did. I just think the word was used and it's just an odd phrasing, nothing more.

Sorry folks, I am a little late to the discussion.
Any speculation yet as to why 13-year-old Jayme Closs was not slain along with her parents?
Also what is being said -- if anything -- about a motive?

Because she was the target and was abducted.
Motive in these cases is generally to take the child for sexual purposes.

Last edited:
I’m not sure. If she switched schools because of a caretaker, I’d think maybe after school help? Babysitter? Idk how WI works, but here you go to whatever school you are zoned for. If her parents had full custody of her, it would be their address and zoning (if laws are the same on WI as here anyway). Family caretaker is a bit of an odd wording though.
Here in WA children are allowed to attend a school that is in the child care provider's zone.

Sorry folks, I am a little late to the discussion.
Any speculation yet as to why 13-year-old Jayme Closs was not slain along with her parents?
Also what is being said -- if anything -- about a motive?
Maybe to hide the real motive. This way people think its sa related while the real perp knows that its financially related but everyone must be out of the picture first.

Example. If she's found deceased. People will assume sex predator. And they won't consider the person taking over the estate.

Just a quick possible scenario there for late night conversation purposes.

I just can't figure out why they would have qualified for it? I would certainly hope if Jayme had some sort of disability we would have been informed of that by now as it would be important! Both parents worked full time as far as we know... it doesn't seem on the surface like anyone in the house would have qualified for SSI.

Because she was the target and was abducted.
Motive in these cases is generally to take the child for sexual purposes.
I'm not sure, but I think it's possible to qualify for SSI even when you work. I inquired about it for my son, who is developmentally disabled (he's only 15 but I wanted to get the low down) and it's pretty confusing but I think the gist of it is..you get a certain benefit. If you work and make more money than that benefit, you don't get a check. If you work but make less than the benefit, you get a check for the difference. But would that mean they both had to qualify?? Or did they just need to qualify for assistance?

Maybe to hide the real motive. This way people think its sa related while the real perp knows that its financially related but everyone must be out of the picture first.

Example. If she's found deceased. People will assume sex predator. And they won't consider the person taking over the estate.

Just a quick possible scenario there for late night conversation purposes.
But if they qualified for government assistance (ie the caretaker program) then...there ain't no estate.

ETA: they worked shift work. I don't think there was much of an estate. Unless, the aunt left them a wad of money, but that seems farfetched.

Last edited:
I'm not sure, but I think it's possible to qualify for SSI even when you work. I inquired about it for my son, who is developmentally disabled (he's only 15 but I wanted to get the low down) and it's pretty confusing but I think the gist of it is..you get a certain benefit. If you work and make more money than that benefit, you don't get a check. If you work but make less than the benefit, you get a check for the difference. But would that mean they both had to qualify?? Or did they just need to qualify for assistance?

It's extremely challenging to qualify for if you don't have a specific diagnosis. For example, Down syndrome is an "automatic qualifier" and it's still not "automatic."

I really don't think any of this family was on SSI. I think the word caretaker was just used to described an after school caregiver. It's just an odd phrasing we aren't used to is all!

I thought maybe that is why the word was used, but I think we are reading too much into it.

Wh
I feel that a law should be established to where all rural folks that plan on shooting that day or night on said property needs to let LE know. Or at least have a community scanner that announces your plans to shoot racoons or bears that night. Jmo.

Because I don't like the sound of gun toters from anywhere having carte blanche to just be drinking and shooting guns. Jmo
While that would be courteous to call ahead, it is impossible to do. When you see a cougar on your property at night its a shoot first ask questions later. I guess we could call it in after the shooting. Very good idea though, I'll bring it up to my 2 neighbors. This week one of my neighbors sent me pictures of the cougar in her yard so we are now on high alert. 6 months ago it was a bear. I'd rather be around actual predators than the human ones.

It's extremely challenging to qualify for if you don't have a specific diagnosis. For example, Down syndrome is an "automatic qualifier" and it's still not "automatic."

I really don't think any of this family was on SSI. I think the word caretaker was just used to described an after school caregiver. It's just an odd phrasing we aren't used to is all!

I thought maybe that is why the word was used, but I think we are reading too much into it.
I tend to agree with you.

I think if the person is on ssi and cant take care of themselves then the state can allow a caretaker of your choice to get paid so many hours a week to help take care of the person after the physician signs off on how many hours of extra care a day is needed.

Wh

While that would be courteous to call ahead, it is impossible to do. When you see a cougar on your property at night its a shoot first ask questions later. I guess we could call it in after the shooting. Very good idea though, I'll bring it up to my 2 neighbors. This week one of my neighbors sent me pictures of the cougar in her yard so we are now on high alert. 6 months ago it was a bear. I'd rather be around actual predators than the human ones.
Wow. Cougars and bears are out there. Definitely be safe my friend. How much does it cost to fence off 2 acres where as most wildlife besides wild cats and climbing possums cant get through?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23