Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we ever hear about a burning (or meanwhile cold) fire place in the home? Any ropes could have been burned there for example. Though I think, LE would have taken that into consideration. ;)

As LE held the Sherman home as a crime scene for about the six weeks prior to the announcement of double homicide, I’d be certain they examined fireplace ashes. It was reported they even combed through sewer pipes.

Investigators comb through sewers for clues to deaths of Barry and Honey Sherman | CBC News

This article talks about TPS budgeting challenges and as well as mentioning the Sherman homicides.

- BBM

WARMINGTON: Tory ‘not happy’ with proposed cuts to drug, gangs, guns squads

“..... The service, with three months to go in 2018, is preparing itself to deal with a record numbers of homicides. At 81 so far, the city is just eight fewer than the body count in 1991 and just five off what went down in 2005’s Summer of the Gun.

Throw in this year’s horrific van murder case that stole 10 innocent people in one day, and the Danforth shooting spree that saw two murdered and 13 more wounded — the officers in homicide squad and all supporting units have been overburdened.

This does not even include last December’s disturbing double homicide of Honey and Barry Sherman, which sources tell us was the largest homicide probe in terms of resources committed in the history of Toronto Police........”

This does not even include last December’s disturbing double homicide of Honey and Barry Sherman, which sources tell us was the largest homicide probe in terms of resources committed in the history of Toronto Police........”
Oh! I wouldn't have thought!

Barry came home hours after Honey. Why wouldn't they remove her coat?
Who is "they"? The killer(s)? Why would they remove her coat? If it was a bulky winter coat, it would've been difficult for HS to struggle and overcome her attacker(s), giving him/them an added advantage. Once she was dead, it would be difficult for someone else to remove her coat, so why would an assailant spend that time and effort, especially if the aim was to move her body to another area of the house before BS returned home? Honey may have been dead and posed in the pool area before Barry even returned home, when he was also "greeted" at the door by his assailant.

I'll tell you something. My brother committed suicide several years ago. He had a beautiful wife, 3 great boys, a wonderful home with a beautiful pool. He had a loving family on both sides, and he was by all accounts a very happy person. The night that I got the call that he was gone, like the Sherman kids, I was adamant that something nefarious had happened to him. I'd likely still believe that if he hadn't left a number of letters. What I am saying is that sometimes things happen that you just can't explain, and that sometimes you really don't know a person no matter how close you are. Now if my brother hadn't left notes and I had unlimited funds, I could have put together my own investigation team and I could have used the press to further my story, but I would have been wrong wouldn't I? I know how they feel, but no matter what they say or what their friends and colleagues say, I know more than probably anybody here that they are likely wrong.

I'm not hostile at the Sherman children, but I believe by now they are probably aware of what the truth might be. Their own investigation seems to be all but done, cops have all but given up, no rewards, no pleas for clues or witnesses, and basically nothing from the media. I think that their investigation was nothing more than a PR campaign.

Andrew, I send my sincere condolences to you on your brother's suicide.

Your personal experience with his suicide, and how you initially would never believe that he would do it, is an understandable and a common reaction, as you have noted. I have read that many shocked loved ones later reflect on missing signs leading up to the suicide. This obviously was not your perception in your brother's case.

But your experience in being shocked and initially thinking something nefarious happened, and then discovering that your brother actually did die by suicide, leaving notes, does not make every suspected suicide case the same as yours. Apparent suicides with no notes have to be investigated thoroughly to rule out homicide, and I'm sure you agree.

We were both active in Jeffrey Boucher's thread when he disappeared after a morning jog. I remember that you were adamant from the very beginning that he had committed suicide despite any evidence to support that theory, and even before his body washed up on the lake shore. His wife joined WS to share her thoughts and ask for help. After the forensic autopsy and toxicology tests were completed, police determined that it was an accidental drowning, which you never accepted because you were sure that he had died by suicide.

I think that with your horrible experience, and with LE's apparent initial M/S theory, it was enough to cement the suicide aspect in your mind. You may be right about M/S, but you may be wrong, and I wonder if your personal tragedy may have affected your judgement so that you can't even consider anything other than a suicide involvement.

You said that you would have wanted to hire private investigators if your brother hadn't left suicide letters. Yet you condemn the Sherman kids for doing the same thing that you would have done, but call their actions merely a PR campaign.

Andrew, I respect you and I know that you are sincere..this is just food for thought and MOO.

This thread is closed.

Please continue discussion at Thread #9.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member