AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Some interesting points from that link
  • Sheriff Fitzgerald said he could not classify this as an abduction, as there's no information to support that at this time but is saying she is missing and in danger.
  • Fitzgerald said there's no credible information that this is a sex trafficking case.
  • He also admitted this is a tough case and they are not as far as he'd like to be in the investigation. "I'm struggling with this, because I don't have some of the answers that I want to give you and give the family," he said.
  • Fitzgerald said more than 100 active law enforcement is working the case currently. Updates will be sent via the Barron County Sheriff's Department or the FBI social media channels.
  • The community is not needed to conduct searches at this point, Fitzgerald said, but the tipline is the best direct source for the public to relay pertinent information in this case.
  • The autopsy of the Closs couple will take place on Wednesday -- it was initially supposed to be conducted on Tuesday, but new information pushed it back.
  • At this point, they do not know if she is alone or traveling with anyone, nor do they know if she has a boyfriend.

Just starting my day. Had a serious situation with a friend calling after suffering a head wound overnight and I had to go stop the bleeding. They are going to be ok. Thank goodness I always have mega amounts of first aid stuff. ;)
Going to be one of those days.
Coffee brewing and probably glued to this case again all day.
I had 3 days home this week and after Eden Hines came home safe, Jayme's case came along.
I can't turn away.
Where are you Jayme?
Sleepy Chi
coffee @AnaPisces or @margarita25 ? Doubt our sweet friend @PommyMommy is ready for any yet. :)

Right with you Chi, on my second cup
@chihuahua

Last edited:
Gosh, I'd like to know what kind of new info pushes an autopsy 'back.' I cannot help but think this is a domestic violence situ. My gut was screaming from the first reports. It is sheer speculation but I wonder if something happened at the party, or if Jayme was upset about something and a family member or boyfriend took action? Why all the secrecy from LE? Who else is missing from their community? Could Jayme be suicidal? I have questions, and they are specific. The key word, in this case, is 'missing' not abducted. Is there a rifle missing from the home? I am calling for a grid search, pronto. Also, why are there three vehicles parked at the home?

Also the sheriff confirmed yesterday at that they know who the phone that made the 911 call belongs to but are not saying.
[Meanwhile, Fitzgerald has said they have identified the cellphone that called in the 911 report that led police to her parents' bodies, but hasn't said to whom the phone belongs.]
just one of many links where he said this Sheriff, FBI say more than 200 tips received in search for Jayme Closs

Morning @lorelei2017 :) and @FlossyMay
Chi

@chihuahua

Good mornin

gud-morning-coffee-wallpaper-awesome-good-morning-s-and-wallpapers-in-hd-of-gud-morning-coffee-wallpaper.jpg

Gosh, I'd like to know what kind of new info pushes an autopsy 'back.' I cannot help but think this is a domestic violence situ. My gut was screaming from the first reports. It is sheer speculation but I wonder if something happened at the party, or if Jayme was upset about something and a family member or boyfriend took action? Why all the secrecy from LE? Who else is missing from their community? Could Jayme be suicidal? I have questions, and they are specific. The key word, in this case, is 'missing' not abducted. Is there a rifle missing from the home? I am calling for a grid search, pronto. Also, why are there three vehicles parked at the home?
All very good questions. She is indeed missing and not being called abducted as far as I have found anywhere.
Hoping today they give out more info, as yesterday's presser was the usual. I've been assured by locals that LE in that area is equipped to handle these kind of cases, but I am very very glad FBI is so involved.
Whether federal agents give all info to the locals is anybody's guess.
Many times they do not until it becomes necessary for an arrest or for a recovery.
jmo as always,
Chi

Just starting my day. Had a serious situation with a friend calling after suffering a head wound overnight and I had to go stop the bleeding. They are going to be ok. Thank goodness I always have mega amounts of first aid stuff. ;)
Going to be one of those days.
Coffee brewing and probably glued to this case again all day.
I had 3 days home this week and after Eden Hines came home safe, Jayme's case came along.
I can't turn away.
Where are you Jayme?
Sleepy Chi
coffee @AnaPisces or @margarita25 ? Doubt our sweet friend @PommyMommy is ready for any yet. :)

Absolutely Chi!

I'm still reading the first thread and know that it is never, ever a good idea to skip ahead but I'm going to.

My late husband had family who lived in a small town about 30 miles from us. There was what the locals called the 'chicken plant'. Live chickens would be brought to the plant via tractor/trailer truck to be processed. They would also cook the chickens there a couple of days a week. They were mostly killed and processed without cooking most days of the week.

The plant is a 24 hour a day operation. There would be workers who would come in by the van loads to do the jobs no one else wanted to do. I will call them 'migrant workers' who did not have a great command of the English language. They would stop at the local convenience stores both before and after their shifts. Sometimes not all of them would get back in the van they came in but would hang around the store. We did know for a fact that some of them committed crimes.

My questions are........Was the Jennie O plant a 24 hour operation? Did a lot of 'migrant workers' work there? How far is the plant from the Closs residence? Did one of them not show up for work the next day? Did one of them get in a fight with one of the other workers and lose their ride home? Did the plant have a shift ending at midnight or close to it? Was the third vehicle shown by the deck at the Closs home for sale and had someone recently looked at it thinking maybe they would buy it? Did someone see Jayme at that time and really like her?

I just really do not feel this was done by a local. I can't help but think of Mollie Tibbits.

Very sorry for the long post but just cannot stop thinking of Jayme and her parents. I am both very angry and incredibly sad.

Prayers for Jayme and may her parents rest in peace.

*Just my thoughts and opinions.

Thanks. Some interesting points from that link
  • Sheriff Fitzgerald said he could not classify this as an abduction, as there's no information to support that at this time but is saying she is missing and in danger.
  • Fitzgerald said there's no credible information that this is a sex trafficking case.
  • He also admitted this is a tough case and they are not as far as he'd like to be in the investigation. "I'm struggling with this, because I don't have some of the answers that I want to give you and give the family," he said.
  • Fitzgerald said more than 100 active law enforcement is working the case currently. Updates will be sent via the Barron County Sheriff's Department or the FBI social media channels.
  • The community is not needed to conduct searches at this point, Fitzgerald said, but the tipline is the best direct source for the public to relay pertinent information in this case.
  • The autopsy of the Closs couple will take place on Wednesday -- it was initially supposed to be conducted on Tuesday, but new information pushed it back.
  • At this point, they do not know if she is alone or traveling with anyone, nor do they know if she has a boyfriend.

I feel like this sounds like they are backpedalling on what they said previously. This sounds less like she has been taken or in danger.

It's entirely possible she had/has a secret boyfriend and never expected anything bad to happen. Just saying...
It hasn't been excluded.
Chi

You can use Siri to call 911. But if you want to be secretive about it, only need to hold the on/off button while also holding the up or down volume button. Countdown begins as you hold the 2 opposing buttons and 911 is signaled/called. iPhone 7 and 8 at least. .
Just tried it because I’m curious but it didn’t work for me but that may be because it’s just a 911 thing and not a 999 UK setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member