AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
An unlikely idea, but stranger things have happened: If they were at a family gathering that afternoon, perhaps somebody knew in advance. Also, maybe they misunderstood and thought they weren't coming home that day so it was safe to break into the house.

We've seen police with plywood about the right size to cover a broken window. Plus, breaking a window when you know people are home seems a bit risky, so perhaps that's a sign they expected the house to be empty.

As I said up front, it's unlikely but sometimes the unexpected does happen.

Side note. Someone needs to invent something to make these forums audio so I can just listen to everyone respond. I got absolutely nothing done in the office yesterday! I need to work today folks, if I will check in periodically. Hopefully we receive good news or at least autopsy info today. Happy Sleuthing!

Don’t most school activities take place right after school? Meaning no need for a ride to said activity? And if it’s an away meet the kids get bussed? Dance could possibly be an issue but there’s always carpooling. The caregiver (or babysitter, whichever it correct) situation is odd to me.

How does a child get home after the activity?

Car pooling is an idea, but people need to be able to be part of the car pool. Not simply take advantage of it.

Dance lessons are private so they would be away from the school, I would guess.

Last edited:
Could this be random? Could this be a gang initiation gone wrong? Or gone as planned?

Here are few thoughts, just my opinion on possible scenarios:

Targeted - maybe a rumor of money or drugs in the house. They break in, there are no drugs or money, they interrogate, things go wrong, they take JC

Targeted - they are after JC - it seems very extreme for this. She could have been abducted many different ways.

Targeted - vendetta or revenge against the family

Random - robbery, gang initiation or crime of opportunity

MOO

In one photo she is holding hands w a guy and he is cropped out of the photo. It was near the beginning of thread when everyone was asking for an updated photo. Someone wearing a red sweatshirt. Was she dating anyone?

Are you talking about the picture in the striped tank top?
jayme-closs-updated.jpg

Jayme Closs Miami Sighting Not Credible: Sheriff | Heavy.com

I can't find the uncropped pic but I've seen ones where more of the arm of the other person is visible and it is more obvious this is a small child she is holding hands with. Here is another photo that seems to have been taken the same day (same clothes, same drink cup):
jayme10_censored.jpg

Jayme Closs Miami Sighting Not Credible: Sheriff | Heavy.com

Probably a cousin or friend of the family (JMO).

How does a child get home after the activity?

Car pooling is an udea, but people need to be able to be part of the car pool. Not simply take advantage of it.

Dance lessons are private so they would be away from the school, I would guess.
My kid plays a high school sport and her coach will arrange older players with drivers licenses to take the younger players back and forth to practice. Coaches will do almost anything to ensure players are at practice if the parents can't get them there.

Also someone mentioned don't after school practices start right after school, in my experience not in our district. School may let out at 2:30 but practices don't start until 3:15 or 3:30 gives times for after school clubs, or study groups or just a break to eat.

I feel that a law should be established to where all rural folks that plan on shooting that day or night on said property needs to let LE know. Or at least have a community scanner that announces your plans to shoot racoons or bears that night. Jmo.

Because I don't like the sound of gun toters from anywhere having carte blanche to just be drinking and shooting guns. Jmo
The problem is, much rural shooting can't be planned. If you hear a ruckus in the night, you grab your gun and head out to the chicken coop or whatever you have to protect and start shooting immediately if you want to save your flock. You don't have 30 more seconds to inform anyone you are doing this.

Of course, if and when I ever have to shoot to save my flock, I will call my neighbours when it's over so they don't worry (unless it's midnight - I'm not waking them up). But if I didn't, I doubt they would call the cops. They know I have a gun to protect my girls and they would assume that's what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo