Found Deceased IN - Kyra Boehning, 25, Flora, 8 Oct 2018 *Silver Alert*

Medstudies

Mostly lurking
Reaction score
Kyra Lindsy Boehning was reportedly last seen between 11:0011-15 pm on October 8, 2018 at the intersection of SR 18 and SR 75, in Flora. Indiana. (Just outside of Delphi)

Her boyfriend had reported that KB (who also goes by the name Kyra Thurston) had taken his vehicle (dodge caravan) from his residence. This was found abandoned on railroad tracks at 500East 0NorthSouth on Wednesday 10/10/2018. Left behind in the vehicle: personal ID and personal belongings.

A Silver Alert has been issued.
Boehning is described as being 5 feet 5 inches tall, about 130 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. Police say she was last seen wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt with “Fat Kid Inc.” printed in black lettering on the back. She was also reportedly wearing denim capris and flat bottom sandals.

Police say Boehning has tattoos on the left side of her neck and the name “Mark” tattooed on the right side of her neck. She also has the name “Greene” tattooed across her stomach.

Police do not believe Boehning has any immediate medical issues, but she is believed to be in possession of a 9mm handgun.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.wlfi.com/templates/AMP?contentID=496932201

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fox59....d-woman-after-vehicle-is-found-abandoned/amp/

Attachments

• A665F9A1-F890-48D6-B70A-3FC1D3651919.jpeg
    A665F9A1-F890-48D6-B70A-3FC1D3651919.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 4B8C4CEE-79EC-4B89-A52B-588EDA760491.jpeg
    4B8C4CEE-79EC-4B89-A52B-588EDA760491.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 57FA2F36-1C5B-40D9-A35F-039233CBC192.jpeg
    57FA2F36-1C5B-40D9-A35F-039233CBC192.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 4BFC9ADE-1403-4033-B97B-1730E0121702.jpeg
    4BFC9ADE-1403-4033-B97B-1730E0121702.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 65
Flora woman reported missing

Twenty-five-year-old Kyra L. Boehning drove away from her Flora home in her boyfriend's minivan Monday night and into a mystery.

upload_2018-10-12_0-18-51.jpeg

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said the boyfriend reported her gone Tuesday night, and showed police home surveillance footage of Boehning leaving in his van by herself.

The next time anyone saw that blue 2006 Dodge minivan, it was Wednesday morning at Clinton County Roads 0 and 500 East, Leazenby said. It was parked there with Boehning's personal belongings — her ID and person items — locked inside the van, according to a news release from Flora police.

Police searched the area near the minivan, but did not find any indication of where Boehning might be.

Boehning's boyfriend didn't believe he was the proper person to file a missing person report since they are boyfriend/girlfriend, Leazenby said, but her parents, who are from Illinois, filed that report Wednesday night.

Flora police searching for missing 25-year-old woman after vehicle is found abandoned

Flora woman reported missing

Twenty-five-year-old Kyra L. Boehning drove away from her Flora home in her boyfriend's minivan Monday night and into a mystery.

View attachment 150662

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said the boyfriend reported her gone Tuesday night, and showed police home surveillance footage of Boehning leaving in his van by herself.

The next time anyone saw that blue 2006 Dodge minivan, it was Wednesday morning at Clinton County Roads 0 and 500 East, Leazenby said. It was parked there with Boehning's personal belongings — her ID and person items — locked inside the van, according to a news release from Flora police.

Police searched the area near the minivan, but did not find any indication of where Boehning might be.

Boehning's boyfriend didn't believe he was the proper person to file a missing person report since they are boyfriend/girlfriend, Leazenby said, but her parents, who are from Illinois, filed that report Wednesday night.

Flora police searching for missing 25-year-old woman after vehicle is found abandoned

There's a thread for this already, perhaps they can be merged?

IN, Kyra L.Boehning, 25, missing, FLORA, IN, Oct. 8, 2018

Same here!

Two instant thoughts I had on seeing this in the local news today: 1) boyfriend 2) Libby and Abby.

I hope that KB shows up alive and well. Fail that, that this is quickly resolved. So sad.

( #justiceforAbbyandLibby.)

For a Silver Alert to have been issued in the State of Indiana at her age the person must be a Missing Endangered Adult, Missing Endangered Child, High Risk Missing Person or have a mental impairment validated through a credible medical authority (Physician, Physician’s Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner):

Kyra's father said she was bipolar with the resultant mood swings (link to his statement follows). I understand, my former husband was bipolar (and alcoholic). He always threatened he was going kill me or himself. I'm still here. It's a brutal disease.

The fact that she stole a vehicle quite late at night, left all her possessions in it but has a handgun leads me to believe she intended self-harm. I do hope they find her.

Agreed, Grace. My head went to self-harm as soon as I read she was in possession of a gun, seen leaving alone in his car, and vehicle found abandoned. Even before mental health issues added to this. Praying they find her safe!

FLORA, Ind. (WLFI) — Flora Police are expanding its search area in the disappearance of Kyra Boehning. The 25-year-old was reported missing last week.

Flora PD, Clinton County Sheriff's Department, Rossville PD and the National Guard have been actively searching for her since she went missing. Flora PD said its exhausted all options such as the use of drones, cadavers dogs and a helicopter.

This is not a criminal investigation.

Flora police still searching for woman missing since last week

I worked with Kyra's mom, Amy, and her aunt, Nancy, many years ago.
Sadly, Nancy posted on Facebook about 3 hours ago that Kyra's body has been found.
I am so sorry, Toni K. My sincere condolences to Amy, Nancy and the rest of Kyra’s loved ones. Mental illness is an awful, awful thing.

Rest In Peace, Kyra

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back