GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly, when the cousin testified in SM’s trial, he was asked more about why he came forward when he did—long after the fact—and it had something to do with his having become a father. And I believe it was only barely mentioned in today’s testimony that he has a young daughter. Maybe they decided the defense would tear that apart, but I remember this witness being clearer about the effect on him of seeing the photo. As someone previously said, it was an image he couldn’t unsee, and it “worked” on him, especially after having a baby, a girl no less. I do believe him.

Going over this morning:

John Caulder, senior investigator at Horry County Police Department testified about searching Moorer's truck following Elvis' disappearance. He said he did not find any blood in the truck or any signs of a struggle. There was a chrome tool box in the bed of the truck that was not searched. Caulder testified that it was his understanding that they were looking for a missing person, and it was not known if there was a violent crime or not. The prosecutor asked if any chemicals were used to check for blood, because sometimes blood cannot be seen by the human eye. Caulder said no, and said none of the seats were taken out either.

Tammy Moorer trial enters seventh day

Sidney Moorer's mother, Irene, took the stand next. She said in the 20 years Sidney and Tammy had been together, she had only seen Sidney alone once. Christmas Eve 2013, Tammy, Sidney and their children visited Irene. Irene said the first time she saw Sidney's tattoo that reads "Tammy" was in January 2014.

Today is the first day I have had a chance to see live stream. My question, as a juror, will be how far away did they live? If they live 400 miles away, that would be expected, would it not. But I did not hear any testimony as far as where she lived and how far away it was. I walked away during the testimony, did they mention that or does somebody know?

Today is the first day I have had a chance to see live stream. My question, as a juror, will be how far away did they live? If they live 400 miles away, that would be expected, would it not. But I did not hear any testimony as far as where she lived and how far away it was. I walked away during the testimony, did they mention that or does somebody know?

I believe Irene Moorer stated she lives in South Carolina (I missed the name of the town).

ETA: I believe it's Summerville.

If this video is (as rumored/expected) footage of him telling his mother that he made up the story, it will effectively discredit him, in my experience.

Also, he didn’t make enough to need to file taxes, IIRC, isn’t it approx >10k that must file as a single taxpayer? to suggest that makes him a criminal is laughable, given the already healthy amount of data that shows he’s had a criminal history.

I'm thinking the jury may think this is an example of the need for the prosecution to do a stretch just to have something. I think the guy is perjured perhaps, and if I think that, I think the case for the state is very weak and it would impress me to give Reasonable Doubt?

I have an off topic question. I am lost on this new page. How do I stop getting an email every time someone posts on a thread I am on? We used to get one a day, now it is every post! My old computer is hurting here! Thanks in advance.

go up to top of page and if you are "watching" a thread, click to unwatch and then click again to watch and you will get a choice to receive notifications by email or not.

What did Sid's Mom have to say?

Not all that much (the defense was successful in preventing the prosecution from asking some questions). In a nut shell, in the 20 years that Sidney had been married to Tammy, he only visited his parents once (prosecution made it clear that Tammy was the reason he couldn't visit more but was stopped by judge). Then on Christmas Eve in 2013, SM/TM/kids all showed up unannounced at her (SM's mother) house. They were there a few hours; they did not stay overnight.

While there, there was some kind of discussion/mention of Heather Elvis (again, judge shut down the questioning) but we heard Tammy said she beat up Sidney.

Sidney's mom also learned of the tattoo (though I believe she said she didn't see it until January). She confirmed he did not have any other tattoos.

What did Sid's Mom have to say?

She said in the 20 years Sidney and Tammy had been together, she had only seen Sidney alone once. Christmas Eve 2013, Tammy, Sidney and their children visited Irene. Irene said the first time she saw Sidney's tattoo that reads "Tammy" was in January 2014.

__

The witness told the jury she was home with her husband on Christmas Eve 2013 when Sidney and Tammy Moorer came by, along with all their children. Irene Moorer testified they talked for a few hours and that at one point, Tammy Moorer made a reference to violence against her son, Sidney Moorer. “She said she beat the hell out of him,” Irene Moorer said on the stand in reference to her daughter-in-law and son.

Sidney Moorer’s mother takes the stand in Tammy Moorer kidnapping trial
Tammy Moorer trial enters seventh day

Well, I'm with the others that believe Donald. He doesn't seem to gain anything for telling about the photo. Why didn't he do something sooner? Dang! But still, I don't think TM will forgive or forget him after today.

I've also brought bourbon for everyone today for the p.m. session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member