The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
4A33BC32-5E16-4B84-A907-E4E5B41BE686.jpeg

A 'Sexy American Princess’ costume has gone on sale with a MINI-SKIRT wedding dress.

American lingerie and costume chain Yandy’s is selling the white dress, which appears to be inspired by the Meghan Markle's wedding dress, for £38 ($49.95).

The short, tight-fitted dress is paired with a tiara and tulle veil, and modelled by a woman of striking similarity to 37-year-old Meghan.

The site promises to let the wearer "live in an actual fairy tale" and "walk down he royal aisle", reports the Daily Star .

'Meghan Markle sexy princess' costume being sold with mini-skirt wedding dress

That’s my Halloween outfit sorted lol. Can you imagine if the Duchess had got married wearing this?

In Queen of the World, Daily Mail columnist Robert Hardman says the Queen's view is that Australians should 'get on with it' if they want rid of the monarchy.

A palace official is quoted as saying Australia's 'lingering deathwatch' has become 'untenable for the Queen and untenable for the country itself'.

'Because obviously, they'd be looking at their watches waiting for her to pass away,' the official adds.

The Queen urges Australia to 'get on with it' and become a republic instead of waiting for her death | Daily Mail Online

Day 2 - Dubbo New South Wales

Meghan and Harry touch down in Dubbo

PRINCE Harry was snapped in a beautiful exchange with a young fan in Dubbo. What he did next will melt your heart.

That was just so sweet and Harry is so natural and 'normal' in the way he conducts himself. See also the exchange with the old lady the other day (
)

Megan's ponytail gave my scalp the horrors, I'm afraid. I'm not saying she has to stop entirely with all the straightening if that's what she likes but it always looks so beaten into submission.

The umbrella holding was super-cute.

Love this story about the jeans Meghan wore today.

Meghan’s fashion shout-out to Serena

Built around ethical manufacturing in Cambodia, the label now employs about 45 seamstresses, and communications director Erica Bartle said the boost in sales prompted by the Meghan Effect could mean offering even more opportunities to vulnerable young women.

Love this story about the jeans Meghan wore today.

Meghan’s fashion shout-out to Serena

Built around ethical manufacturing in Cambodia, the label now employs about 45 seamstresses, and communications director Erica Bartle said the boost in sales prompted by the Meghan Effect could mean offering even more opportunities to vulnerable young women.
This is great!!

This discussion is very popular, and I find myself checking the thread daily for your comments and updates on Royal goings on. What is it that fascinates us about the British Royal Family?

My dad was Canadian, so I grew up with aunts, uncles, cousins who were enamored by the Royals, gushing about them as if they were direct descendants. My fascination with the Royal Family stems from my interest in British history, literature, culture, the pomp & circumstance of Royal affairs. There is something magical about British customs and traditions that draws me into the real life fairy tale.

What fascinates you about the British Royals?

This discussion is very popular, and I find myself checking the thread daily for your comments and updates on Royal goings on. What is it that fascinates us about the British Royal Family?

My dad was Canadian, so I grew up with aunts, uncles, cousins who were enamored by the Royals, gushing about them as if they were direct descendants. My fascination with the Royal Family stems from my interest in British history, literature, culture, the pomp & circumstance of Royal affairs. There is something magical about British customs and traditions that draws me into the real life fairy tale.

Well, for starters, my name is Elizabeth, and I watched the queen’s coronation on a neighbor’s television when I was seven. So from an early age, I was enthralled by this young woman with my name who became queen. Charles is just about two years younger than I am, so he and Anne fascinated me too, as does the rest of the Royal Family.

One of my favorite books, initially read to me by my mother (whose grandfather was from England), was “The Little Princesses” about Elizabeth and Margaret’s childhood, written by their nanny. She, of course, broke the rules by writing it and paid the price. The photos are wonderful and I was drawn in. I even wrote a poem as a child about the Queen, including her dogs, starting “The Queen is good, the Queen is fair, the Queen is pretty everywhere.” .....ending...”And when the Queen is on her own, she takes her dogs out all alone.” :)

The Little Princesses by Marion Crawford

When we visited the British Isles in 1978, our cab driver unexpectedly drove by Buckingham Palace on the way to our hotel. I still remember the feeling of being “so close” to the Queen in that moment (she was probably at Balmoral!). My screen name “Lilibet” was the Queen’s childhood nickname (Margaret couldn’t say Elizabeth).

Now, whenever I see Queen Elizabeth I think of my late mother because she looks so much like her now.

What lovely memories, Lilibet. Did you know that back then if the Royal Standard flag was flying it meant the Queen was at home? (they don't do this any more after the Diana / flag furore of 1997) Don't suppose you took a photo so you can check?!

Well, I have a terrible reality tv habit. Taking interest in the royals is like a (mostly) classier variation on that, I suppose.

If only they had a diary room chair like on Big Brother and we could hear them sounding off about all the other members of the family!! I'd love to know who gets on best and who really can't stand each other!

I think part of it is that the Queen is probably the most famous / recognisable woman in the world, and also one of the longest reigning monarchs at almost 67 years in the job.

While I vividly recall Charles & Di's wedding (I was 7 and our village had a huge party) and Di's death (I was 23 and on my way back from a rave a little worse for wear) my interest in the royals has been piqued by this younger generation. Especially Harry, he's my favourite as he's just a bit cheeky and naughty!

I like having them and I'd be sad if we didn't - I suppose they are the ultimate real life reality stars haha!

How Meghan Markle's outfits have been chosen for Australian tour | Daily Mail Online

So what is Jessica's purpose?? Like we already knew that the oufits were picked out a head of time.
The stylist needs to be fired. I will volunteer to be the new stylists for a while.
Megs definitely needs hair and makeup help. I am no makeup pro but I am not representing my country and no one really looks at me anyway.
Megs needs more Royal Training .

The hair always looks terrible - like it is going to break at any minute and always looks dirty.

Last edited:

I used to be absolutely fascinated with medieval history - I read everything I could about English royalty going back before the Roman Conquest. It was a hobby of mine for a few years (many years ago). I lose interest in history in modern times (anything more recent than around Queen Victoria's time), and I really don't consider myself a Royal Watcher....except I do like to see the clothes. :) I also am interested in their charity work, but mainly, I like to see what they are wearing. As for gossipy stuff, that's not my thing.

I do wish the English Royals were a bit more adventuresome with their clothes, but I'll still keep looking at what they are picking out to wear.

This thread (and the previous ones) are marvelous - a great respite from the threads we usually follow on WS and I'm glad to have this group and discussion.

What lovely memories, Lilibet. Did you know that back then if the Royal Standard flag was flying it meant the Queen was at home? (they don't do this any more after the Diana / flag furore of 1997) Don't suppose you took a photo so you can check?!

Thanks! It was such a surprise when the Palace was “right there” that I don’t think we had the presence of mind to take a photo, nor could we find the slide now if we did. It was July, so wouldn’t she have been at Balmoral? Or is that just August?

Thanks! It was such a surprise when the Palace was “right there” that I don’t think we had the presence of mind to take a photo, nor could we find the slide now if we did. It was July, so wouldn’t she have been at Balmoral? Or is that just August?

Just August, so I reckon she was at home when you went past in July 1978 and most probably gave you a little wave :)

For me, it was the romance of it all. Started with Robin Hood on TV as a child. Then the Beatles.

Diana. Then the escapades of Harry who I pictured would be a royal loser.

I am so enchanted with how precious he is now! Wow.

And of course I had a two week trip to England about ten years ago. Loved it even more in real life.

The Royals such as Elizabeth and her mother showed what class is. Now Harry, William , Kate and Meghan show the world manners and grace.

Although I'm not a Royalist as such, I do enjoy seeing the royal family when they are out and about. I've seen the Queen 3 times, Prince Charles twice (once a very unexpected sighting of him coming to Windsor Castle as we were on a tour inside!), beautiful Kate once, Meghan once. I'm always surprised at how petite they all look in real life, coming from a tall family myself. I love all of the history and I too love the book The Little Princesses.

The Royal Standard still lets us know when the Queen is in residence. But now the Union Jack is flown at Buckingham Palace when she isn't there, so that it can be flown at half-mast if someone important dies. As you say, as a result of Diana's death and the controversy around the flat not being lowered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53