GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe an 8 year old could order if you’re “in the system “...

JMO

Yes I understand, but there's no way of actually verifying who placed the order, and more importantly, to verify whether a specific individual was absolutely at that house at that time.

We don't show i.d. at the door to the pizza guy.

Perhaps the prosecution will provide more evidence showing that DarrW was nowhere near that house around noon time, if ever.

What I know for sure about this case is that D.W.'s nuclear DNA in his saliva was found on a pizza crust and he had thousands of dollars with him when he was arrested.

Those are facts which cannot be debated.

So far we haven't been shown evidence that anyone else was in that house.

I'm not saying that there weren't other perps in that house, just that it has not been proven up to now.

I wish we had heard more about the shoeprint on the french door and the bloody shoeprint on the pants.

If anyone else was part of this heinous crime, I would like to see them locked up for the rest of their lives.

So far we haven't been shown evidence that anyone else was in that house.

I'm not saying that there weren't other perps in that house, just that it has not been proven up to now.

I wish we had heard more about the shoeprint on the french door and the bloody shoeprint on the pants.

If anyone else was part of this heinous crime, I would like to see them locked up for the rest of their lives.

Did the prosecution or LE ever give an approximate shoe size or tread pattern for either shoe print??

That hair could be DW or SW, right?

JMO and wondering

Did the prosecution or LE ever give an approximate shoe size or tread pattern for either shoe print??

That hair could be DW or SW, right?

JMO and wondering

I haven't heard any details of the evidence of the shoe print/size.

Nuclear DNA in the saliva on the pizza crust matched D.W.in the CODIS system. It contains his entire DNA and can only be his.

The hair could be DW's or SW's or anyone who shares "maternal blood relatives" with them, a cousin, an uncle, a second cousin. Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA)

Excerpt from link below:

"Further to this, mitochondrial DNA has no discriminating power between individuals as all people sharing a common maternal blood line will also share the exact same MtDNA profile. This means that one cannot distinguish between individuals from the same maternal line based upon analysis of their respective MtDNA profiles as profiles will be identical between maternal blood relatives."

Challenges in DNA Testing and Forensic Analysis of Hair Samples

As you can tell, DNA evidence fascinates me.
There are cases where discovery of MtDNA is critical.

MtDNA is critical in cases where they are searching for someone and the mtDNA found there is linked to the missing person. That is, that person cannot be "excluded".

It can be helpful in "excluding" or "including" persons but never to directly link any individual, such as nuclear DNA.

That is why when I learned that nuclear DNA was found in the saliva on the pizza crust, I knew they had one individual, one person only, who would match it. D.W.'s nuclear DNA was in the CODIS system and it would have immediately shown the match to the investigators.

Darrell testified that after he and his brother went to Walmart on the night of the 14th, Daron told him his car had run out of gas, so they went to a gas station. They didn’t have a gas can, so Daron put the gas in a bucket. He directed Darrell to drive to an area off Kenilworth Ave “near where Daron used to work”, Got out of the car with the gas bucket, was gone for a few minutes, then got back in the car with the bucket. Darrell said he did not know if there was still gas in it or not, but as they were driving away he did notice a plume of smoke coming from the area where his brother just was. He said “ I don’t ask too much questions, don’t want to know peoples business.”

Darrell testified that after he and his brother went to Walmart on the night of the 14th, Daron told him his car had run out of gas, so they went to a gas station. They didn’t have a gas can, so Daron put the gas in a bucket. He directed Darrell to drive to an area off Kenilworth Ave “near where Daron used to work”, Got out of the car with the gas bucket, was gone for a few minutes, then got back in the car with the bucket. Darrell said he did not know if there was still gas in it or not, but as they were driving away he did notice a plume of smoke coming from the area where his brother just was. He said “ I don’t ask too much questions, don’t want to know peoples business.”
Gas in a bucket.

Likely wasn't the first time...figuring running with the bucket seen in the security video at the parking lot.

jmo

Gas in a bucket.

Likely wasn't the first time...figuring running with the bucket seen in the security video at the parking lot.

jmo

We discussed this before- gas will burn holes in some plastic—- I watched that happen.

And gas has a distinct smell. Who allows an open container with gasoline in the interior of their car?
Unbelievable.

JMO

I
We discussed this before- gas will burn holes in some plastic—- I watched that happen.

And gas has a distinct smell. Who allows an open container with gasoline in the interior of their car?
Unbelievable.

JMO

I agree. Darrel knew what was going on and was involved to some extent, most likely after the fact. I know there are exceptions to every rule and that this has no evidentiary value, but I think that having kids of his own would make Darrel much less likely to kill a child. I have no doubt that it was Daron who committed the murders.

Meagan Fitzgerald‏Verified account @MeaganNBCDC
Daron Wint’s brother, Darrell just finished testifying. Prosecutor asked how it feels testifying against his brother, he said “.It’s my big brother. Disappointing, he should be ashamed of himself for real.” Darrell says he’s innocent. #MansionMurders
1f4f7.png
by: Hennessy

DpvJp7BWsAEh1i2.jpg

1:24 PM - 17 Oct 2018

Unbelievable.

JMO

People have died from inhaling gas fumes inside an enclosed area.

I have never heard of anyone putting gas in a plain 5 gallon bucket unless it may have had a sealed top on it.

If he had gas in an open bucket the gas would be sloshing up and out the sides unless he had a 5 gallon bucket and only put a little gas in it at the bottom.

It wouldn't take much to ignite the fire since it's highly flammable.

Maybe his brother means some other kind of bucket. Wish they would show a photo like the one he had.

You cant even carry a open bucket of water without it sloshing out even if its 3/4 full.

Now in my neck of the woods I could see some good old redneck boy using one but in WDC? Lol who would have thunk. Lol

I

I agree. Darrel knew what was going on and was involved to some extent, most likely after the fact. I know there are exceptions to every rule and that this has no evidentiary value, but I think that having kids of his own would make Darrel much less likely to kill a child. I have no doubt that it was Daron who committed the murders.

I agree about him having a young son, working in his favor with the jury. The Dominoes receipt was showing he was with his son, at a friends home, ordering pizza, with HIS Credit card.

So that paints a real different picture of the 2 brothers. Daryl seems to have a more stable, responsible life at this point, having a credit card and a son and friends to visit and order a pizza for the,... Darren had nothing like that going on.

People have died from inhaling gas fumes inside an enclosed area.

I have never heard of anyone putting gas in a plain 5 gallon bucket unless it may have had a sealed top on it.

If he had gas in an open bucket the gas would be sloshing up and out the sides unless he had a 5 gallon bucket and only put a little gas in it at the bottom.

It wouldn't take much to ignite the fire since it's highly flammable.

Maybe his brother means some other kind of bucket. Wish they would show a photo like the one he had.

You cant even carry a open bucket of water without it sloshing out even if its 3/4 full.

Now in my neck of the woods I could see some good old redneck boy using one but in WDC? Lol who would have thunk. Lol
And don't gas stations have rules about containers that can be used? What gas station would allow gas to be dispensed into an open bucket??

jmo

Hmmmm IIRC DW’s van wasn’t burned for another day or so - that must’ve been DW burning his ‘pile of debris including zipties’ near the spot where he’d burn the van a day or so later, where DrrW would take LE after DW arrest.

It wasn’t burning AS’s car (figure on video w bucket) - that was hours earlier & different location.

ETA “attest” ? = arrest

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members