AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE just can't win in the public's eyes.

Call regular press conferences even if there's no new info? People say they're clueless and incompetent and wasting everyone's time.

Only call press conferences when there's a major break in the case? People get impatient and say they can't solve anything and are screwing the pooch.

Can somebody explain why it is so important if JC was in the home at the time of her parent's murders or outside etc... JC is still missing as this post is being typed. Inside / outside = still missing.
It is important because in the timeline of events if they had no idea if Jayme was in the house at the time of the 911 call then it would mean that she could have went missing any time after the last person that saw her which likely would have been Sunday afternoon.

Knowing she was in the house at the time of the 911 call tightens the time line significantly. In this case 4 minutes.

Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald will be hosting a local town hall that is for Barron County residents only, there will be no media access. This is to offer me the opportunity to connect with the citizens of Barron County, and have a private dialogue about how our community is doing. We will have victim assistance personnel available to address wellness concerns.

This event will be held at 7 pm at WITC in Rice Lake at 1900 College Drive in the Conference Center

Sheriff Fitzgerald
Barron County Sheriff's Department

"If it does not come from this podium, it is not a credible tip," Sheriff Fitzgerald said about information coming from agencies outside of the state.

"We want to bring Jayme home. That's the main point. I will not interrupt this investigation for anybody to have any information that's not necessary, except for the essential people behind me and their staff. That's why I won't give out any information," Fitzgerald says.

"If it's something you guys need to know about, it'll come from me, it'll come from our Facebook page, it'll come from the FBI Twitter account. That's what I'm saying is every tip continues to be followed up on, and if it's something that we need to get out to you, that's we're looking for something, we will get that information and it'll come directly from me out to you. So I guess that's my comment on that," said Sheriff Fitzgerald.
Sheriff: Jayme Closs's parents victims of homicide; no gun found

The basic facts we know.

1. Both Mr. and Mrs. Closs dead. (homicide) at the home in rural Barron WI.
2. The 13-year-old daughter JC still missing 3 days later. (sad)
3. At this point, JC joins the list of the other missing children/minors in the state of WI.

In such a small town, LE would have very little ... perhaps ZERO experience with a crime of this sort. Seems we are questioning and expecting a lot of things to be followed up on. What happens in a case like this I know I've seen FBI mentioned. Do they take over? Advise? Time is ticking...

Agree with this 100%.

TBH, Sheriff Fitzgerald comes across as having absolutely no clue as to "What just happened?"

Let the FBI take the lead on this...and get a qualified spokesperson for future press conferences. Sheriff stumbled through the last one. Public speaking is certainly not a strong point of his.

UPDATE: Autopsy Confirms Missing Girl's Parents Were Shot to Death
Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said at a news conference Wednesday that autopsies parents confirmed the couple was shot. He says there was no gun at the scene and that evidence from the scene and from the 911 call indicate that Jayme Closs was in the house.

Fitzgerald has said Jayme is not a suspect and he again pleaded with the public for any tips on her whereabouts. He says investigators have not received any tips of any credible sightings.

Ashleigh is pressing him for more info.
She asks about the cellphone.
He says they have it, know who it belongs to, it was in the home.
Nobody said they needed help/ No address was given.
This is why he is bringing in Wisconsin and FBI authorities to examine cellphone data.
Very good interview so far.
He will not say if they "got into" the phone or if it is Jayme's phone.
Someone better than me please transcribe.
Chi

Just because it is a small town, that doesn't mean the people are ignorant or that the police are incompetent. The locals are victims too, into and should be treated with respect. JMO
I agree totally.

Because everyday someone goes missing or gets killed in a big urban city with 1000s of neighbors living in the same apartment complex and nobody seen nor heard nothing.

Then most of the people continue on their day like nothing happened.

But atleast these rural areas show support and help anyway they can for 1 of their own. I respect that and feel they take it most personally themselves even if they didn't actually know the family.

So thank you for the reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member