CA CA - Konrad Reichenberger, 44, Modoc County, 13 Jan 2018

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
The Modoc County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help in locating a missing man, Konrad Charles Reichenberger, age 44.

He was reported missing from a friend on January 16, 2018. He was last seen on January 13, 2018 at his residence in the Alturas area.

Reichenberger is a white male adult, 6-feet-2inches tall and weighs 200 pounds. He has brown hair, and brown eyes.

http://www.actionnewsnow.com/conten...-Charles-Reichenberger-age-44--470149283.html

83abd1549c96711e406b21ece2f102bc.jpg

He recently shared a post about another missing person. I wonder if it’s a friend who is missing?
That missing person was found, but it was not a positive outcome. :(

I am unable to see the Facebook page. This case is somewhat local to me. Is anyone able to tell me the names of the other two missing people he shared? Thanks.

I am unable to see the Facebook page. This case is somewhat local to me. Is anyone able to tell me the names of the other two missing people he shared? Thanks.
Derrick Jacobs was sadly found deceased and I am unaware if Jason Battenfeld is still missing.

Thanks! I had thought perhaps he had posted about two other men missing with a connection to this local area, but these two were not them.

On a positive note, as I googled these names I saw indication that Jason Battenfeld was found safe.

Now where is Konrad?

The Modoc County Sheriff's Office posted this update on their facebook page yesterday.

"As many of you are aware, the Sheriff's Office has been searching for a local man that was reported missing on January 17th. Due to the poor weather conditions, our search efforts have been limited. Thanks to a recent change in the weather we are going to resume search efforts this weekend. The missing person's family has been heavily involved throughout and intend on assisting us in the search. We will also be working with a search and recovery canine team out of Nevada. Our Sheriff's Posse will also be assisting with the search efforts. If all goes well, we hope to get some closure for this incredibly strong family. Please keep them in your prayers."

https://www.facebook.com/Modoc-County-Sheriffs-Office-153688004804447/

This is my parents hometown!

Not much happens in Alturas, so I hope the police have called in help because I don't know how many missing persons cases they've had to handle.

No matter how Konrad went missing, if he's out in the wilderness, they may never find him as Alturas and all of Modoc County is very rural.

Glad I found this site and this page. Konrad Reichenberger is a dear friend of my family. He was an usher at my sister's first wedding and my brother's closest friend from his late teens until his earlier thirties.

I just learned Konrad was missing this past Monday (September 17, 2018), nine months after the fact. Since then I have been searching the internet for information, and have found very little.

My brother and I are discussing a trip to Alturas to look ourselves, and are reaching out to find out what we can.

Knowing rural northern California (which I lived in for 11 years), I don't expect a positive outcome, but am hoping for answers and a way to bring peace to Konrad's father and sister, as well as ourselves.

Okay, i found a few things via google search about Konrad. I must say, he seems like an amazing person. He has done alot of wonderful voluntary work with ensuring the well being of both wild and domesticated animals. Theres alot to be said of a person who does this kind of work on their own free will.

I located four links with some questionable content.

1) Random Criminal Case Info:

KONRAD REICHENBERGER CRIMINAL CASE – KONRAD CHARLES REICHENBERGER | Legal News

This is so weird only because at the bottom of the page it says this info was entered on 2/19/18. These cases were from 2000-2001 and were sentenced/dismissed/disposed... so my question is why this was suddenly uploaded and made avail to public on 2/19/18 by a lawzilla administrator?
IMG_8879.jpg

2) Interview Leading Up to Neighbors Demise:

Strange article where he is interviewed in regards to what led up to the death of his violent neighbor and how he felt obligated to contact 911 to report that his neighbor was abusing his girlfriend for fear of her safety after she confided to him that he was beating her up.

The two faces of David Krambs - Feature Story - Local Stories - October 16, 2014

3) His Friends Blog from 9/18/2018:

This was alarming to read... She sheds some light on some possible crime going on in that area, specifically his backyard...?

*modsnip*/ links to blogs removed acc TOS

I hope he will be found!!! Poor guy!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I found this site and this page. Konrad Reichenberger is a dear friend of my family. He was an usher at my sister's first wedding and my brother's closest friend from his late teens until his earlier thirties.

I just learned Konrad was missing this past Monday (September 17, 2018), nine months after the fact. Since then I have been searching the internet for information, and have found very little.

My brother and I are discussing a trip to Alturas to look ourselves, and are reaching out to find out what we can.

Knowing rural northern California (which I lived in for 11 years), I don't expect a positive outcome, but am hoping for answers and a way to bring peace to Konrad's father and sister, as well as ourselves.

Did I just link your blogs Heather?
I do hope and pray Konrad is safe and returns to those who love and miss him soon. He does seem like a remarkable individual. This world needs people like him!!!

Did I just link your blogs Heather?
I do hope and pray Konrad is safe and returns to those who love and miss him soon. He does seem like a remarkable individual. This world needs people like him!!!
Hello Roxxi,

Thanks you for posting the article on his neighbor where he used to live. I hadn't found that one.

Yes, Konrad was very passionate about animals, especially his dogs, which are safe and sound with family at this time.

The Criminal case against Konrad was a dui from when he was a young adult.

I'm not sure if the link to my blog worked. I haven't gotten that far.

After I last posted up here, I did go to Alturas and walked around and spoke with a deputy sheriff about the case and a few things I found they may or may not be useful. At the time the deputy told me they really aren't sure what happened. When he disappeared there was 4 feet of snow on the ground.

At this point besides prayers, I think the best course of action is spreading the word.

How can a person just disappear without a trace? Very strange. With so much time passed, the likelihood of a positive outcome is small, but I really hope he's safe somewhere and just hasn't come forward for some unknown reason. Definitely wishing the best for his family, friends, and his dogs as well. I hope Konrad is found soon. He really does sound like a wonderful person.

We are now at the year mark of Konrad's disappearance. He was last seen a year ago on January 13. I haven't heard of anything new in regards to his case. I did get a chance to speak with Konrad's father, and he is still very much hoping for some news or an answer to what happened. I am thinking of heading back up to Alturas to look around again in the spring when the snows melt. Other than that and praying, I don't know what else to do.

The Modoc County Sheriff's Office has hired several deputies in the last year, per the local newspaper. I don't know how many deputies may have left in that time but hopefully they are less shorthanded than they were a year ago. Also a new Sheriff took office last week. So maybe they will be more responsive to requests to keep the search active for Konrad (and a few other missing folks)?

He has numerous DUI's as an adult, though the last one was almost 18 years ago. (Sacramento Superior Court Records). Could he have lapsed from sobriety and gone off a road somewhere? After that length of time,, in my opinion, I doubt it, more likely a medical event or foul play. I do hope he is found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back