AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, I see nothing but sad and bad reasons why Jayme would have been taken..... don't think this will end well. The family is already grieving the loss of her parents and really not having much time to digest that horror right now. Fingers crossed that I am wrong and she is found safely.

BBM This says Jayme was there when her parents were killed . Doesn't mention her being there during the call. Does anyone have a quote from the Sheriff stating she was there during the call ?

Sheriff: 400 tips in Jayme Closs case

“Her parents died from gunshot wounds that's why we are ruling this a homicide. There was no gun found on the scene. We believe Jayme was home based on the evidence in our case. Some of it from that 911 call and some of it is still part of the active investigation and we're not able to comment on why we believe that,” said Fitzgerald.

The sheriff called a meeting Wednesday evening with Barron County residents, but he barred reporters from attending, saying he wants to have a private dialogue with the people who elected him.

Bill Lueders, president of the Wisconsin Freedom of Information Council, called the decision to bar the media "offensive."

"The media are uniquely able to help, in terms of getting out information and encouraging people to share tips," Lueders said. "Does he want to find this girl, or does he just want to make a public display of his dislike for the press?"
Investigators have '100 percent expectation' that missing Wisconsin girl Jayme Closs is still alive

They know something if the investigators have “100 percent expectation” that ... JC is still alive.

if they did something like this what would happen to the people who refused?

They could go to court and ask a Judge to grant an order to force them to undertake a DNA test however, I’m unsure how this works in the USA and what legalities it entails ( my experience is UK)

Oh, I bet the press will ask people afterward what was said.

hopefully some outlet sent in a intern or something !

most have very strong notions about the first amendment - so i would think this would trigger some resourcefulness regarding overt violations of our first amendment

and it is national story - so there would , I would think be some big city folk that find this as disturbing as some!!

well see

Thank you Jax But this still doesn't have the Sheriff saying she was home during the 911 call .
I am understanding his statement to say .... her parents died from gunshots....they believe Jayme was home during their murders based on evidence in our case and some of that evidence came from the 911 call .

“Her parents died from gunshot wounds that's why we are ruling this a homicide. There was no gun found on the scene. We believe Jayme was home based on the evidence in our case. Some of it from that 911 call and some of it is still part of the active investigation and we're not able to comment on why we believe that,” said Fitzgerald.

hopefully some outlet sent in a intern or something !

most have very strong notions about the first amendment - so i would think this would trigger some resourcefulness regarding overt violations of our first amendment

and it is national story - so there would , I would think be some big city folk that find this as disturbing as some!!

well see

Since it’s being held in a Community College conference center and not a government building, it’s technically a private event. MOO

When we are following very young missing kids in these forums and a certain amount of time has passed -- we all know it is coming -- but there is still a knee-jerk reaction when they announce that it has changed from a rescue mode to a recovery mode. I think that with a 13 year old they have to consider that she will be able to take care of herself, somewhat, by compliance or Stockholm Syndrome, or whatever it takes. I would be surprised if they said anything other than that they believe she is alive, until they have actual evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288