Identified! OK - Seminole, WhtMale 1561UMOK, 16-30, off I-40, Dec'78 - Jean Vincent

Bump. I've been looking into this UID as well. The initial NamUs link I had did not list exclusions, so I submitted Jean Vincent before seeing the full NamUs profile with the rule-outs. My personal theory was that he wa a Capricorn originally from Canada (or near Canada), but I'm not coming up with much based on that. It's entirely possible he's not a Capricorn and purchased (or just picked up) the Capricorn symbol because it "looked cool."

Can a medical person help out here? Can anyone tell me in easy terms what this means?

Septal apertures of distal humeri

IF I am understanding this correct that is a fracture in a join such as a elbow or a knee.

And IF I am correct in assuming this there is a MP I think we should look at. He is not on the rule out list.

Here is the link to the MP on DoeNetwork..

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2068dmon.html

Name: Gerry Gascon
Missing since June 2, 1978 from Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
(This is Canada, the providence where the boots were manufactured in)
(this puts him in the 6-9 month time frame)

•Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
(Age fits with the 16-30 years... doe and namus has different estimations)

•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'9"; 140 lbs.
(Height fits)

•Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder length brown hair, blue eyes.
(Hair color fits, we do not know eye color)

•Marks, Scars: He has a scar on his left knee.
(I wonder which knee his scar is on and which knee our doe has the fracture on)

Circumstances of Disappearance
Gascon was last seen in Sudbury, Ontario on June 2, 1978.
He had been a patient at Algoma Hospital in the City of Greater Sudbury between May 25 - June 2, 1978. He was released on June 2nd, and has not been seen or heard from since. He was from the Walden area.
Police investigation to date cannot rule out the possibility that Gerry has been a victim of foul play due to the duration of time since he went missing.

The hospital he was discharged from was a series of hospitals that are now big hospital. I am still digging for information to see if the Algoma campus was a general hospital or a psychiatric and or substance abuse hospital..

Septal aperture is the absence of a septum in the coronoid-olecranon fossae of the distal humerus. It is a relatively common anatomic variant in human distal humeri thought to occur early in childhood. We report a case of this atypical fracture in a teenage boy.

More at link.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3207585/

UPDATE: Jean Michael Vincent has been identified as the remains found in 1978 in Oklahoma. Here is my post over at reddit.com/r/unresolvedmysteries:

A couple months ago, I posted this thread about a 1978 UID in Oklahoma being a possible match for missing Ottawa, Canada man Jean Micheal Vincent. I was disheartened to find out Vincent was on page two of the exclusions (not visible on the NamUs page I'd seen). I contacted the UNT case manager, and he said Vincent was excluded based on dental records. It never did sit well with me though. This week, user /u/Essiecae reposted the case. Knowing that someone else was just as convinced as me, I contacted the detective in charge again to ask if they did a DNA test. He said they did and it was a positive match for Jean Michael Vincent. Unfortunately, he said that is all he knows, and that the investigation is now in the hands of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.

Someone on reddit today shared a post in which they mentioned that this John Doe has been confirmed to be Jean Vincent - http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3758dmon.html

The user says he started suspecting this match a few months ago, until someone mentioned that Jean Vincent was on the ruleout list per Namus. The UNT said he was ruled out based on dentals, however, the original poster contacted the detective again to ask if they tested against DNA. The detective said that they did and it was a positive match to missing Canadian man Jean Vincent.

Link to the user's post today: https://www.reddit.com/r/Unresolved...lved_missing_ottawa_man_jean_michael_vincent/

and the post from months ago when the user first suggested the match: https://www.reddit.com/r/Unresolved...78_john_doe_in_oklahoma_could_he_be_canadian/

Also, off subject:

Several users from reddit, particularly from the gratefuldoe subreddit where they discuss possible matches for UIDs, have been working on a map that shows all missing persons and does from each state. I thought this was a useful tool and may even aid in future matches, as most MP's are recovered within a certain distance from where they were last seen. If anything, it really puts in perspective how many does and missing there are. So many loved ones without answers :(

Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=15B9VcN_Sovgqvp8SoWwtzd8WiY8

SUPER CONGRATS BOOTS!

Amazing persistence on your part. Really awesome.

First of all, thank you to Boots - very good work !

Second of all, I live in Ottawa, and there has been no media coverage of this at all. In fact, online media hasn't picked up on this, either.

For missing cases here in Canada, as you may already know, cases are posted with no consistency at all. For Ottawa cases: there are a handful of cases on the Ottawa Police site, as they are handling the case; the Ontario Police site has some others from Ottawa (same reason - but the case is with the provincial police); and then there's our embarrassing federal missing persons "database" run by the RCMP, which also has some cases originating in Ottawa. I know this case wasn't listed by the Ottawa Police site, which is why you probably got the apathy they gave you. Also, the missing persons unit in Ottawa has a total of one (yes, one) detective and they are probably run off their feet on current missing cases.

That being said, I think this is newsworthy. Is this an "official" match in Oklahoma (a particular police department, coroner, etc.) ? I'm a pretty good researcher and can find virtually nothing on this. I am happy to assist if you'd like this story taken to the media here in Ottawa - I just need more info. Thanks !

First of all, thank you to Boots - very good work !

Second of all, I live in Ottawa, and there has been no media coverage of this at all. In fact, online media hasn't picked up on this, either.

For missing cases here in Canada, as you may already know, cases are posted with no consistency at all. For Ottawa cases: there are a handful of cases on the Ottawa Police site, as they are handling the case; the Ontario Police site has some others from Ottawa (same reason - but the case is with the provincial police); and then there's our embarrassing federal missing persons "database" run by the RCMP, which also has some cases originating in Ottawa. I know this case wasn't listed by the Ottawa Police site, which is why you probably got the apathy they gave you. Also, the missing persons unit in Ottawa has a total of one (yes, one) detective and they are probably run off their feet on current missing cases.

That being said, I think this is newsworthy. Is this an "official" match in Oklahoma (a particular police department, coroner, etc.) ? I'm a pretty good researcher and can find virtually nothing on this. I am happy to assist if you'd like this story taken to the media here in Ottawa - I just need more info. Thanks !

Thank you. There were two reporters (one from Ottawa Citizen; one from Toronto Star) who wanted to do a story on this, but they were stonewalled by the police. I contacted the detective, and he said the family has been notified but wish to maintain their privacy. So there will be no press release from the authorities. The important thing is that Mr. Vincent's family finally knows what happened to him (to an extent).

I really didn't think we'd ever find out what happened to Jean. He's been one of the cases I most cared about. So I'm glad to see he's been found, but sad to think he's been gone so long and nobody even know.

Rest in peace.

Is it possible Jean died naturally? He was fully clothed and had no signs of trauma. I know homicide cannot be ruled out, but I feel as if Jean just - died.

So glad this young man is identified. May he have peace.

Thank you Carl; much appreciated! In my limited "free" time at work I was trying...with much frustration...to wrap my head around the dental charts.

FWIW, I first thought of Anthony Allen ,as well,in regards to the UID. My only big concern with him is the limited window of time that passed between his disappearance and the UID discovery.

I thought of Jean Vincent who was on his way to New Mexico, from Arizona, while initially leaving Ontario.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3758dmon.html

IMO the black and white photo of Jean, who is listed as having brown hair, suggests to me that it may have lighter highlights which could be construed as red/auburn or reddish brown.

Looks like Masnitram was actually on to this one way back in 2010. Thank you all for your persistence.

KFOR
Dec 30 2019
40 years later: OSBI agents still searching for clues to 1978 cold case murder
"SEMINOLE COUNTY, Okla. (KFOR) – It’s been 40 years since the skeletal remains of a Canadian citizen were found in Seminole County.

Agents with the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation say they are still working the case and are searching for clues.

In April of 1978, Jean Vincent was reported missing.

Investigators say Vincent was a Canadian citizen who was traveling and working in the United States.

On Dec. 28, 1978, Vincent’s remains were found in a field in Seminole County.

Even though it’s been 40 years, authorities are hoping that someone has information related to his death.

If you have any information, call the OSBI at (800) 522-8017."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back