Still Missing Turkey - Jamal Khashoggi, 59, Washington Post columnist, Istanbul, 3 Oct 2018

I just can’t get my head around having the ability inside you to do this to this to an innocent human being. How can you put headphones on and get on with doing that?

It just makes you wonder what atrocities go on in that country and others that we are unaware of.

I think you bring up a very good point. And I don't think these people that carried out this murder are amateurs....this wasn't their first rodeo (IMO).

I agree. How much of this kind of $**t goes on that we don't know about? Jeez. It's like a bad movie, except actual humans are involved. God help us all.

I’ve been following this thread silently in horror. Dear God I don’t want to believe these horrible atrocities actually happen. Oh I am sick reading all of this.

First I'll admit, I have no idea who Jamal Khashoggi was, nor why he was killed. I don't know much about politics so please don't think I'll be able to get into an intelligent conversation about them.

I am asking why people think the USA should do something? We have so many problems here, on USA soil, that I just don't see how we can take on the world's problems. We can't get our own taken care of.

We sure can't afford to lose thousands of our people in another war.

Other countries probably don't agree with the way we do things here, but can you imagine the outrage if another country came here, and demanded we do things the way their country does?

As to the torturing death of Mr. Khashoggi, I can't imagine anyone being able to kill someone like that. I can't imagine torturing an animal in that manner, so how can you do that to a fellow human being? Murder is horrible. To torture someone to death, I don't know I even have a word to describe that.

No way it was the first time those responsible have committed such murder, and my guess, it won't be their last. I don't know if the other people were 'forced' to help because they know the same could be done to them, or if it's just another day to them.

The fear and pain Mr. Khashoggi must have endured. If he has any family, I hope they are being kept safe somewhere.

:(

Turkey says journalist was murdered inside Saudi consulate

One Turkish official told The Associated Press earlier Saturday night: “The initial assessment of the Turkish police is that Mr. Khashoggi has been killed at the consulate of Saudi Arabia in Istanbul. We believe that the murder was premeditated and the body was subsequently moved out of the consulate.”

The explosive allegations could upend already-fraught relations between Saudi Arabia and Turkey, as well as raise new questions about the kingdom and the actions of its assertive Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, whom Khashoggi wrote about in columns for The Washington Post and others.

“If the reports of Jamal’s murder are true, it is a monstrous and unfathomable act,” the Post’s editorial page editor Fred Hiatt said in a statement. “Jamal was — or, as we hope, is — a committed, courageous journalist. He writes out of a sense of love for his country and deep faith in human dignity and freedom.”

The 59-year-old Khashoggi went missing Tuesday while on a visit to the consulate for paperwork to marry his Turkish fiance.

BBM

Faith in human dignity. To read those words, after I had just read about his torture, and murder. Nothing at all showing any dignity. Travesty. I hope Mr Khashoggi knows that what was done to him cannot, and will not remove his dignity. I've often said if someone murders me, I hope my last words are that they can take my life, but never my soul or legacy. Your words may now become more important than they ever were Mr Khoshoggi.

**Sorry I have only read the last pages, and am going back to the first to get informed the best I can**

First I'll admit, I have no idea who Jamal Khashoggi was, nor why he was killed. I don't know much about politics so please don't think I'll be able to get into an intelligent conversation about them.

I am asking why people think the USA should do something? We have so many problems here, on USA soil, that I just don't see how we can take on the world's problems. We can't get our own taken care of.

We sure can't afford to lose thousands of our people in another war.

Other countries probably don't agree with the way we do things here, but can you imagine the outrage if another country came here, and demanded we do things the way their country does?

He was a journalist for the Washington Post, an American publication. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
The Washington Post has published what the newspaper describes as the "last piece" written by missing Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, who was allegedly killed and dismembered in his country's consulate in Istanbul earlier this month.
In a note at the top of the column, published late Wednesday, Post Global Opinions editor Karen Attiah wrote that she "held off publishing it because we hoped Jamal would come back to us."
"Now I have to accept: That is not going to happen," she said. "This is the last piece of his I will edit for The Post. This column perfectly captures his commitment and passion for freedom in the Arab world. A freedom he apparently gave his life for."
According to CNN National Security Analyst Peter Bergen, MBS has moved Saudi from a consensus based absolute monarchy -- where criticism was limited but not unheard of -- "toward a totalitarian dictatorship in which all aspects of society are controlled by him and all forms of dissent are stifled."
This was a topic Khashoggi had written about as well. As a member of the Saudi elite and former adviser to the royal family who was still influential inside the Kingdom, Khashoggi was becoming more and more of a rarity under MBS, and his criticisms may have stung more than those of a regular, unconnected dissident, and sparked a more extreme reaction.
In his final column for the Post, he warned that the "Arab world is facing its own version of an Iron Curtain, imposed not by external actors but through domestic forces vying for power."
Khashoggi: Washington Post publishes missing journalist's 'last piece' - CNNPolitics

Opinion | Jamal Khashoggi: What the Arab world needs most is free expression

Int. Policy Digest on Twitter
Saudi who flew to Turkey on day Khashoggi disappeared 'dies in crash' - Daily Mail Saudi who flew to Turkey on day Khashoggi disappeared 'dies in crash' — Daily Mail
"Meshal Saad M. Albostani has been named among a group of men wanted for questioning after Khashoggi went missing having entered the Saudi consulate in Istanbul two weeks ago.

It has now been reported that Albostani, a lieutenant of the Saudi Royal Air Force, has died in a 'suspicious traffic accident' in the capital Riyadh."

The analysts and officials said it was inconceivable that such a brazen operation as the one alleged by Turkish officials, involving a team of 15 agents sent to Istanbul, who then killed and dismembered Khashoggi, could have been pulled off by a group of “rogue killers,” as President Trump speculated this week, moments after a phone call with Saudi Arabia’s King Salman.
Even one of the president’s closest advisers, Rudolph W. Giuliani, said many senior members of the administration concluded more than a week ago that the Saudis had killed Khashoggi.
“The only question is, was it directed from the crown prince or the king — or was it a group that was trying to please him?” Giuliani said in an interview.
Before Khashoggi ever set foot in the consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2, Mohammed was trying to get his hands on himu.
Mounting evidence points to Saudi prince’s involvement in journalist’s disappearance — The Washington Post

One of the 15 Saudis who arrived in Turkey the same day Jamal Khashoggi disappeared has died in a “suspicious traffic accident” and the Saudi consul in Istanbul could be the “next execution,” according to Turkish media reports.

Mashal Saad al-Bostani, 31, a lieutenant in the Saudi Royal Air Forces, was among the 15-member “hit team” that landed in Istanbul in two private jets from Riyadh on Oct. 2 and headed to the Saudi consulate.

He died in a car crash in Riyadh, but few details have emerged, the newspaper Yeni Safak reported, adding that his role in the “murder” was not clear.

The Saudi consul, Mohammad al-Otaibi, who was heard on a video recording of Khashoggi being killed and dismembered in the consulate, could be the “next execution,” as Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman “would do anything to get rid of the evidence,” the Hurriyet Daily News said Thursday.
https://nypost.com/2018/10/18/saudi...hoggi-disappearance-dies-in-traffic-accident/

Saudi columnist Jamal Khashoggi has been banned from writing in Al-Hayat newspaper, owned by prominent prince Khalid bin Sultan, after reportedly defending the Muslim Brotherhood in social media posts.

Saudi columnist Jamal Khashoggi 'banned from writing in Al-Hayat'

On Sunday, Khashoggi published a series of tweets which appeared to defend the Muslim Brotherhood and its ideology, saying the group's approach was that of every Muslim.

Saudi Arabia outlawed the Muslim Brotherhood in 2014 and banned membership, support or sympathy for the group.

In 2015, Saudi authorities cancelled a lecture that the veteran Saudi journalist was intending to deliver in Jeddah, after its title caused an uproar online as a perceived slight against the reign of the late king Abdullah bin Abdulaziz.

Looking for articles and it thinks im a bot. Wonder why

Last edited:
Member of the audience: "Were the Jews involved in the events at the World Trade Center? It is true that many Jews did not show up to work that day? Was it really carried out by the so-called "Al-Qaeda"?"
Jamal Khashoggi: "Yes, it was carried out by Al-Qaeda, and the proof is that Al-Qaeda itself said so. Why should we deny these people their greatest achievement so far? They are proud of this, so why should we rob them of this "achievement," with which they made history?

Saudi Journalist Jamal Khashoggi Criticizes Arab 9/11 Conspiracy Theorists - Archival

RSBM
Deranged killers.

I am surprised that the Consul actually went back to Saudi Arabia. They would kill him in a minute.

I think the Consul-General will also soon end up in a mysterious accident, a “heart attack”, missing on a hike, food poisoning.....

He’s a dead man walking while MBS is alive.

For SA, the bigger issue is how King Salman is going to handle MBS, his own son and his heir apparent

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back