GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the things that strikes me is that despite all her bluster and threats, TM never appears to have physically confronted HE (up to the night of the disappearance at least). She sent Heather angry, threatening texts; she phoned her workplace to harass her; she even supposedly had someone else go to her workplace to “stalk” her. But she never physically confronted her. While I don’t doubt for an instant that TM would’ve relished inflicting pain on HE, or at least witnessing it, I think down deep she’s a coward. I keep coming back to SM being the murderer (I believe the picture we've been discussing was taken to provide proof to TM that the deed was done), and for that reason I can’t see him ever testifying against TM. I guess we'll see tomorrow when TM takes the stand, but I can see her indignantly insisting she “didn’t do anything to HE,” because in her mind she can convince herself that it’s true. At the same time, she loves the fact that she was able to make Sid kill Heather, and that knowledge gives her a certain level of control over him that is intoxicating for a narcissistic control freak.

JMHO, of course.
There were rumors of a confrontation in a Wal-Mart parking lot and Heather had a black eye but never proven in court that it was from TM.

@tmar - yes we are all over the place! Wondering "what" time @UndiscoveredTruth will be setting her alarm??!!

Before trial starts - can someone PLEASE put ALL the live stream available for this trial! I'm really going to try & watch this - can't really miss this after waiting 5 years for this moment! And HOPING
21x15px-LL-e38695a0_1.gif
live stream doesn't screw up today!!!

Good point, feeling pumped from freedom, drink and probably weed after months of being in a cell and clean.
So this was after the M's got out of jail! I didn't catch that. They had saved the picture and kept it hidden through all the search warrants etc... (if it existed) Those who have been following Tammy's social media sensed there was something like this done.

Best wishes to your mom! My grandma is about the same age and just recently out of the hospital for the same thing. She started showing signs that we thought were related to stroke or dementia, and they determined pneumonia in the ER. She's got chemo this week, so she's just generally feeling pretty rotten! Get some rest for yourself, so you don't make yourself ill while taking care of her. <3
Thank you Brandalous. Hope you grandma feels better!

@tmar - yes we are all over the place! Wondering "what" time @UndiscoveredTruth will be setting her alarm??!!

Before trial starts - can someone PLEASE put ALL the live stream available for this trial! I'm really going to try & watch this - can't really miss this after waiting 5 years for this moment! And HOPING
21x15px-LL-e38695a0_1.gif
live stream doesn't screw up today!!!

NINER! Anything for you!

LAW AND CRIME: Watch Live: Tammy Moorer Kidnapping Trial

WILD ABOUT TRIAL: https://wildabouttrial.com/live-streaming/live-stream-1/

WPDE: Watch

There's a WPDE feed via Facebook that I don't have the exact link yet. WPDE ABC15

WMBF also provides a feed . This was the link for yesterday, not sure what it will be today:
Tammy Moorer kidnapping trial continues on Wednesday

Anyone find other feeds over the course of the trial?

From the Elvis family:

From last week:
"It's gotten harder in those five years," Debbie Elvis told ABC15 after court wrapped up Friday afternoon. "It punches you in the stomach." Her daughter, Morgan Elvis, agreed. "What most people don't understand is that you can't move on. You find yourself in the middle of a moment and you wonder, 'Where's Heather?'" Because of the gag order, the family couldn't talk about their thoughts on this week's testimony, saying only that the evidence speaks for itself. They told us two things have been troubling them since they first sat down for opening statements Tuesday morning: the defense attorneys and the online comments. The Elvis' said listening to the attorneys talk about their daughter was difficult, even as they said they knew they were doing their jobs. "It's acceptable in the court room, but not anywhere else," one of the parents explained. "The defense right off the bat is trying to paint our daughter in a bad light [in front of us.]" Morgan mentioned a phrase someone used that particularly stung: "It's not like the world stops turning." "Saying that in any situation in front of family of a victim is horrible," she said. The other trouble? Online bullying Moorer and her family have endured since the case began. We as a family read those comments. We see the theories, and we live the theories face to face," Debbie Elvis said, "We don't condone online bullying. There are children involved." They said their thoughts extend to Moorer herself, who has never faced a jury for the kidnapping charges before, much less been found guilty. "I forgave the Moorers a long time ago," Morgan explained. "It's not my burden to carry." Still, the Elvises said they were surprised by the number of people who indicated they hadn't heard about the case, despite its high profile and duration. Around 40 percent of potential jury members said they were unfamiliar with it, as well as many people commenting on ABC15's live coverage of the trial. "It's never too late to do the right thing," Debbie pleaded. "We still need information. This is all about Heather; it's all about finding Heather."
'It's gotten harder:' Heather Elvis' family opens up about being back in court

From yesterday:
News 13 spoke with the Elvis family after sitting through testimony for nearly two weeks. "She's not allegedly a victim, she's not allegedly missing, she's not that young lady, she's Heather Elvis and she's missing," said Terry Elvis, Heather's father. Her sister Morgan Elvis said, "I was afraid to take the stand because I don't want to say how old I was specifically because that means admitting that I outlived my older sister." The Elvis family said they won't have closure until Heather is found. "It's not over, it's nearly 5 years of kidnapping every second of every minute of every day," said Terry Elvis.
https://www.wbtw.com/news/grand-str...al-and-tammy-says-she-will-testify/1532197841

from yesterday:
After the state rested their case, Moorer said she would testify. Her decision was shocking to many people including Heather's father, Terry Elvis. “Whatever comes tomorrow comes. I fully expect they will throw the worst they can. And we’ve weathered all of it and we will weather this," he said. He said it has been an extremely difficult several days for the Elvis family. Heather's sister, Morgan, said in times like this they lean on each other for strength. “In a week like this it’s almost like you’re just drowning. So when you have moments like that you have to reach out and hold on to other people because it’s hard. The world kind of swallows you up," she said. Morgan also said she knows Heather isn't the only missing person, and wants other victims to know they are not alone. “People don’t just disappear. Nobody deserves to disappear," she said. Debbie Elvis, Heather's mom, said she just wishes people could know Heather. "We are still looking. We are not going to give up. We are never, ever going to give up," she said. The family believes tomorrow will be the toughest day yet as they watch Moorer take the stand.

“Heather used to put hand prints on things and she would say in 10 years I’m going to be famous, so no matter what, she’s famous. And they can’t take that away. So, she doesn’t win. That woman on that stand tomorrow, no matter what comes out of her mouth, she doesn’t win because it’s 10 years later and Heather is famous. So take that," Morgan said.
Heather Elvis' family speaks out: 'We are never going to give up hope'

The tweeters are getting ready!

WBTW News 13‏ @WBTWNews
HAPPENING TODAY: Tammy Moorer will take the stand in her own defense this morning during her kidnapping trial. The trial is set to resume at 9:30 a.m.

Sydney Glenn‏ @SydneyWPDE
Tammy Moorer is expected to take the stand today. Court resumes around 9:15. I will be bringing you updates— plus we will stream it live on our @wpdeabc15 Facebook page.

Crystal Costa‏ @CrystalWPDE
On #GMC Today Tammy #Moorer is expected to to testify in court. #HeatherElvis' family expects a tough day ahead.

Sitting and waiting to see and hear Tammy's testify. I'm still puzzled as to why Sidney isn't testifying. It was stated early in this trial that he was on the witness list. I thought on the Prosecution's list. Any ideas as to what happened? Did he get scared of Tammy and change his mind? Is he going to be a witness for the Defense?
Usually if a defendant testifies it is at the very end of the trial. A bit surprised it is this morning.

One of the things that strikes me is that despite all her bluster and threats, TM never appears to have physically confronted HE (up to the night of the disappearance at least). She sent Heather angry, threatening texts; she phoned her workplace to harass her; she even supposedly had someone else go to her workplace to “stalk” her. But she never physically confronted her. While I don’t doubt for an instant that TM would’ve relished inflicting pain on HE, or at least witnessing it, I think down deep she’s a coward. I keep coming back to SM being the murderer (I believe the picture we've been discussing was taken to provide proof to TM that the deed was done), and for that reason I can’t see him ever testifying against TM. I guess we'll see tomorrow when TM takes the stand, but I can see her indignantly insisting she “didn’t do anything to HE,” because in her mind she can convince herself that it’s true. At the same time, she loves the fact that she was able to make Sid kill Heather, and that knowledge gives her a certain level of control over him that is intoxicating for a narcissistic control freak.

JMHO, of course.

This is one of the features of Narcissism that's so hard for the rest of the world to understand. They really don't believe they're wrong. Ever.

Even if TM killed Heather, it's SM and Heather's fault. It's the fault of the evil police that TM was 'kidnapped' and taken to jail (notice how Heather could not even have attention for being missing...TM had to be the star victim). Their sense of entitlement and the way they elevate themselves in their own mind and the lunatic false reality they operate in is astounding. And yes, they are cowards through and through. It's so common for flying monkeys to do the actual moral or legal crime and the ruination of other people's lives. They notoriously deploy and dispatch third parties to carry out their wishes, and part of the game in that is directing other people like they're trained animals. NO conscience, no empathy, no soul. They are empty buckets demanding to be filled, all day every day, and they are never satisfied because they do not have the resilience that the Elvis family demonstrates that people with souls and depth and perspective and love for the person they defend have. Narcissists are essentially cracked empty vessels that will forever seek fuel that can't ever fill them. They cannot source their own emotional and psychological lives.

To that extent, TM loses. She will never be anything but a parasite who relies on something and someone else to sustain her.

I watched the video up thread of the Elvis family and I wish I could comfort them. And now they have to sit through her running her lying mouth and making herself important and center stage. I totally understand what Terry's reaction to even the state shoving Heather's picture out of the way after they used it for elements of the trial. Even well-intended people do not understand how these kinds of unintended insensitive behaviors feel to a parent, and in this case, also a sister. I hope TM hangs herself coming out of the gate. If she follows through. Narcs are great at "It was this way, but now it's that way, because I want it that way, and also it's your fault...."

Good morning everyone! Fighting back the tears here, mostly due to some great early posts today, and a little from dicing onions for a big pot of chili. Getting a taste of things to come, and experiencing the first frost of the season. brrrrrrrrr

I had to leave yesterday evening around 2 pm and checked back in last night very startled that the State rested its case and that Sidney was not brought in to testify. I though he was on the witness list for the state, what happened? That's what I get for having to leave during the trial.

I personally cannot wait until the daughter takes the stand today. I cannot wait for her to try to take accountability for those lewd text messages sent to the underaged boy. I hope on Cross Nancy points out that the sender of the text messages said something about the boy being underaged which would make no sense if it was her indeed sending the messages because she herself was younger than he was at the time.

I wonder if TM will now have her hair done really well, and wear suitable makeup.
Will she wear a smart, tailored suit, to look professional?
Perhaps, as it appears to her, her reputation is in tatters, will she try to project a 'well groomed, sensible woman'?
She may even answer politely, and not 'over react' to any questions.
Surely she has been advised, and she will provide us with her 'new performance'.
MOO.
I went to bed early last night so I’m just catching up on what I missed since then and I saw this post and laughed lol I would wager she will bring her smart looking plastic totes of screenshots lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie