Canada - Emilie Maheu, 26, body found, South Glengarry, Ont., 13 Oct 2018 *Arrest*

dotr

Reaction score
OPP investigating homicide after missing woman's body found | CBC News
emilie-maheu-homicide-body-discovered-alexandria-south-glengarry.jpg

OPP say the disappearance of a South Glengarry woman is now being considered a homicide after her body was found in the township Saturday morning.

The body of 26-year-old Emilie Maheu was found at around 11:30 a.m., Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry OPP said in a news release.

Maheu had last been seen at her workplace in Alexandria, Ont., at around 1 p.m. two days earlier.

She was reported missing from a home on County Road 34 later that night.

Missing woman's body found, homicide investigation begins
"At about 8:30 p.m. Thursday, police had received a report about a missing woman from a residence on County Road 34, South Glengarry Township. Maheu, of South Glengarry, had last been seen at about 1 p.m. that day leaving her place of work in Alexandria, Ont., about an hour southeast of Ottawa.

Anyone with information concerning the Maheu case was asked to contact Det. Const. Lise Durocher at the SD&G OPP Crime Unit at 1-888-310-1122. Anyone who wished to remain anonymous was invited to call the Seaway Valley Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS)."

Still in shock, Alexandria clinic appeals for help to solve homicide of young mother
"Still in shock, Alexandria clinic appeals for help to solve homicide of young mother"
"Staff at the Alexandria Chiropractic Centre did not notice anything out of the ordinary with Emilie Maheu the day she went missing, a spokeswoman said Monday."
"Filion said Emilie began working at the clinic in July as a part-time receptionist. A native of Alexandria, about 100 kilometres from Ottawa, she had spent a couple of years in Halifax, returning to Ontario with her child early this year. Filion read a statement jointly prepared by the staff, which includes three chiropractors.

“Emilie was a wonderful, young, energetic, bubbly person who adored her little daughter. We loved having Emilie work in our office. We wish to express to the family and to the child’s babysitter our deep sorrow. Our thoughts are with them.

“We are shocked and deeply despaired.”

Maheu, 26, was found dead in a cornfield about 48 hours after leaving the clinic in Alexandria last Thursday."

Nova Scotia man charged with murder in death of young Ont. mother
"A source in Nova Scotia told this newspaper that Maheu met Smeltzer when they both worked at Mills Heavy Hauling, a trucking and heavy equipment company in Halifax. According to their Facebook postings, they had been in a relationship and there are photos of Smeltzer with the child on a Facebook page bearing his name."
13522945_10208042301769781_7627122589445976279_o.jpg

Brandon Smeltzer and Emilie Maheu in photo from Facebook. OTTwp

Well, he allegedly did a terrible thing, but this rare bit i can respect.. imo.rbbm.
Man accused of killing Ont. woman: ‘I did the crime, I’ll do the time’
"CORNWALL, Ont. — Making his first court appearance in the death of his former girlfriend, Brandon Smeltzer declined his right to an attorney and declared himself “guilty” in a Cornwall courtroom Friday morning.

“I did the crime, I’ll do the time,” he told the court."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazy_visitor
Back