AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't put much stock in the time that the shots were heard. When people get woken up they have absolutely no concept of time. What would be interesting to know is if they started an officer for a shots fired call prior to getting the 911 hang up, that could help explain the 4 minute arrival time, an officer was already enroute to check the initial complaint.

bbm

The neighbor said they were not asleep yet when they heard the shots. She looked at a clock and it was 12:31 am. Also, she noted the shots were only a couple of seconds apart.

Interesting. They are armed and do home invasions.

I have read that meth can lead to bizarre sexual needs. The mother indicted in the article shows how depraved the people get.

Was the phone dropped by a perp?

For some reason, maybe the paths crossed and the perp thought there would be good pickings at the house.

With drug addicts, though, one would think lots of clues would be left because they cannot be really organized
Meth addicts feel such power while using, falsely thinking they are smarter than others. It can lead to increased concentration at times unless seeking drugs to alleviate withdrawal. Then they become frantic, paranoid and all over the place with their thoughts. I agree with you re: clues. LE most likely have clues they’ve chosen not to disclose as to avoid jeapordization of Jamey’s welfare.

Has anyone heard what the arrest was for right by their home yesterday?

LE says it was not related. Depending on what it was, the perp may have become familiar with the neighborhood because of that crime?

Are police actions listed on a crime site somewhere

Last edited:
She may not even heard the first gunshot, or recognized it for what it was. Speculating that it may have jostled her awake, then she would have been half awake trying to identify noises ("is that my parents??"), then only once she realizes she is in danger does she hide.

*If* she had a cell phone, she may not have had immediate access to it. Many parents require phones handed in at that age, at night, or for the cell to be on charge in a public place in the house. But even if she DID have her phone on her, if the house IS small, she may have been too terrified to use it at first to call 911, lest she be found.

All speculation of course, but the 30 minute discrepancy regarding first shot to 911 call can be explained in a million different ways at this point. I they get a break soon!

Was the shots heard back to back? If someone knocked on the door, would both parents still be awake and go to the door at the same time? Can anyone determine the layout of the house? Where exactly bedrooms are. I know there was a basement, possibly family room downstairs with main rooms on the top floor.
Any time we hear a noise or anything late at night, my husband & I go together to check it out. If it’s coming from outside the house, he goes out while I stand in the door way, with it open, phone in hand. If it’s inside the house, I am right behind him. So I think it’s possible Jayme’s parents heard something & they went together to see what it was. MOO

She may not even heard the first gunshot, or recognized it for what it was. Speculating that it may have jostled her awake, then she would have been half awake trying to identify noises ("is that my parents??"), then only once she realizes she is in danger does she hide.

*If* she had a cell phone, she may not have had immediate access to it. Many parents require phones handed in at that age, at night, or for the cell to be on charge in a public place in the house. But even if she DID have her phone on her, if the house IS small, she may have been too terrified to use it at first to call 911, lest she be found.

All speculation of course, but the 30 minute discrepancy regarding first shot to 911 call can be explained in a million different ways at this point. I they get a break soon!

1/2 hour is a long time. Depending on how much stuff they owned, looking for valuables takes time

I had an instance with drug dealers. I called LE about them and said I was not worried as I had nothing to steal.

LE told me it they thought they could get money for a teaspoon they would come and steal.

Or these burglars are looking for drugs. Was anyone in the family prescribed a drug that a druggie would want?

Katydid - I cannot seem to quote a post from the previous closed thread. You asked me about the 911 thing. I cannot say with 100% certainty, but I'm pretty sure she was triangulating my actual location rather than finding my home address based on my cell phone registration. Two reasons I believe this.

First, I told her when I called that my concern was whether they could find me quickly if I called and could not speak. Second, we tested it by me calling back through the enhanced 911 system. I think if it had just been a matter of figuring out my home address based on my phone number I would not have had to call 911 - she could have done that based on the caller id she already had when I called the non-emergency line.

But this is just what I got from the call. Since I didn't ask your specific question I cannot say with 100% certainty.

I am looking into shifts and found this
JENNIE-O® Turkey | Delicious Recipes & Products to Eat Well

1:st shift 7 am-4pm, 2: 4pm-1 am, 3 shift 8pm-6 am,

I
12224.jpg

Very good find. This may provide a better timeline of that day's events.

They said that Mr Closs was working at the time of the party that day, so that means he had to be working 1st shift to be at the scene by the time the 911 call was placed and that JC went MIA. Not sure about management times though, as they could vary from the regular employment, if he was managing the factory/store.

Good morning!
UPDATE: Sheriff: Missing girl was in home at the time of the murders
"Deputies arrived at that address a short time after the call ended to find no one around on the outside,” Sheriff Fitzgerald says as deputies approached the house, they saw the front door was open and there was a deceased male in that front door way. Officers later found a deceased female while searching the rest of the home.

It is too bad there is not a local who has found WS to give us more info such as the times a manager would be working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire