AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asking the obvious, but must. Have all coaches, teachers, counselors, instructors, after-school activity or hobby leaders been cleared? I'm assuming this is the first place they looked...
Gosh I agree! And, any PC forensics should have led them to someone by now.
I am extremely worried that she is lying somewhere near her home, and I feel so awful for her family and friends.
I do not like her photo being on the company website page.
and I hope that all fired employees are under scrutiny.

“Her parents died from gunshot wounds that's why we are ruling this a homicide. There was no gun found on the scene. We believe Jayme was home based on the evidence in our case. Some of it from that 911 call and some of it is still part of the active investigation and we're not able to comment on why we believe that,” said Fitzgerald.
Sheriff: Jayme Closs was home at time of murders

Yes, he said they died of gunshot wounds according to this and I believe I saw a portion of his press conference (saying the same thing) when I could not sleep last night and it was on one of the news channels. This is as bad as Mollie IMO - praying she is surviving this ordeal.
The most obvious difference between this case and Mollie Tibbetts is that we spent a month with no evidence that a crime had even been committed and a lot of resources were wasted chasing down leads that couldn’t be ruled out. This case offers a better starting point.

Yes it must be larger based on the property taxes - this house is Tax Amount: $2,467 and their home is around $1800 IIRC (from the link originally posted with their home address). I just wondered since they are both on an acre or so, did their home have a basement since this one did.
Most homes in that part of the country have basements. I would be very surprised if the house didn't have one. jmo

In the very beginning the Sheriff said he was working closely with the school district - not the school, or teachers - I found it odd he would name the District. the story is in the media links.

How recent was JC’s school transfer from Cameron to Barron? Was it this academic year? Theoretically they would have to work with two different schools/school districts to get a complete picture of her history. So that might be why he worded it that way. Imo.

Since the gunshots were heard some time before the 911 call was made, maybe Jayme dialed 911 on their way out, the perp knowing how long it would take LE to get there. It seems the mom and dad were shot maybe up to 1/2 prior to the 911 call so what was going on at the home until the call was made? Was the perp not concerned about the neighbors hearing the gunshots earlier and possibly calling the police? Maybe the neighbors memory of timing for hearing the gunshots is off.

The father was found dead in the doorway. I think he opened the door and was shot.

If the father answered the door and was shot, the wooden door would be intact rather than "shot in" (because it would be open behind him) but the storm door, which we saw with glass intact, would probably have been shot through and shattered.

I think it might have happened in the other direction: perp has already shot mom, is leaving with Jayme, dad tries to follow them out to stop them. Perp leaves via front door, closing it behind him to slow down dad. Storm door is left open as perp goes through, pushing Jayme ahead of him. Then perhaps realizing dad is right there, perp turns around and shoots dad through the wooden door.

One of the parents may have stayed alive long enough to place the 911 call 30 minutes later.

This scenario has some problems but so do the others presented. Just brainstorming different possibilities.

It has been stated the Dad was shot in the doorway. In the PC yesterday (10 17 18) it was stated the door was shot in. I'm trying to reconcile these two statements. ???

The only place I have seen the "door was shot in" was from an unnamed family member speaking to the press. We know they carried away a fully intact glass storm door with no signs of being shot in. So either the door wasn't shot in, or the screen door was opened and a different door was shot.

If the father opened the storm door and was standing in front of the (opened) wooden door, and he was shot from the front, the bullets may have gone through him to the door damaging the door. To untrained family members, a door with bullets may have been considered "shot in" even though it was opened at the time.

The only place I have seen the "door was shot in" was from an unnamed family member speaking to the press. We know they carried away a fully intact glass storm door with no signs of being shot in. So either the door wasn't shot in, or the screen door was opened and a different door was shot.
Or someone held the screen door open or it was propped?

It has been stated the Dad was shot in the doorway. In the PC yesterday (10 17 18) it was stated the door was shot in. I'm trying to reconcile these two statements. ???
Total speculation here....

What if the perp was already in the house and the father discovers him and kicks him out (perhaps the perp was there to see Jayme). The perp returns to the house, but the father was standing guard at the door. The perp shoots from the yard.

Thinking aloud, not facts. jmo, subject to change.

Possible scenario: Jayme hears gunshots. She goes into hiding without phone. Perp is looking for her, possibly calling out for her, then goes silent. Jayme, thinking perp may have left, gets the courage to come out of hiding and gets to a phone and dials 911. Perp sees her/she sees perp and tries to run. He manages to run her down, grabs her, maybe incapacitates her, then returns to phone and disconnects call. He quickly gets the hell out of there.
Certainly a possibility. However, this house is small with likely a main living area where the father was shot, two bedrooms and a bathroom. Jaymes room would have two hiding spots, under the bed or in the closet. With the gunplay done by 12:31, he should have found her by 12:35 and been gone shortly after. I have entertained the idea that she may have crawled out the window and that he may have tracked her down, but it would make no sense to take her back in to the house. Just throw her in the vehicle and leave.

I thought her photo was on the father's website from work, egads. Another thing that really bothers me is that they were fairly reclusive, and that means to me they should have found everything they needed to know about Jayme by now. And yet she is still unaccounted for.
From an investigative standpoint, this doesn't make any sense. From the dance studio angle, I grew up dancing and we eventually had to hang curtains so men wouldn't stand outside masturbating. It was a disturbing issue, and sometimes they came in to ask questions of my dance teacher but they were looking at us.
I'd also like to know who here closest friends were, where are they and why are her dancing friends silent? For me; the dancing community was a tight-knit one. We knew everything about each other. There are many avenues to explore in this case, and someone knows something. A small tidbit could break this case wide open.
It is the not knowing when a child goes missing that can tear your heart out.

Not exactly. 1) The father was found in the doorway, and 2) according to a family member, the door was shot in. The latter was not stated in the press conference or stated by LE.
MOO

Last edited:
Curious why they would look to these people first if no evidence makes them a possible suspect?
These are occupations/volunteer work that provide nefarious types with easy (and explainable) access to kids. I am *not*, emphasis on *not* suggesting all people in these roles are evil doers.

Amateur opinion and speculation only

I have been reading and following this case from the beginning and the one thing that seems to stump me is the time of the gun shots. Does any one else think it is possible that with the wife have being asleep when she heard them and looked at the clock that it could have been 12:51 instead of 12:31? Unfocused, sleepy eyes could mistake the 3 and the 5. That would make more sense to me then the perp being in the home for 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23