CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up til 5:30 am, not eating, not drinking. Something isn't adding up.
Yes, could be typical teenager stuff....might have been upset about something....I do very much think it’s imperative to disclose possible state of mind when she headed out door. A normal walk or upset/angry/sad and thus choices made from the said state of mind. I think the dehydrated and disoriented is understandable coming from the family as if my daughter had been up all night and then wandered off I’d say the same things....

Yes, could be typical teenager stuff....might have been upset about something....I do very much think it’s imperative to disclose possible state of mind when she headed out door. A normal walk or upset/angry/sad and thus choices made from the said state of mind. I think the dehydrated and disoriented is understandable coming from the family as if my daughter had been up all night and then wandered off I’d say the same things....
I wonder if she has an undiagnosed mood disorder. Could include hypomania and very poor impulse control which tends to lead to self harm.

Is it possible she could’ve taken anything? Like drugs? Or could she have been drinking?

If she was drunk or high on something, it could explain a few things. It could’ve caused the disorientation, lack of sleep, and why she didn’t take her phone. It could’ve also put her in a more vulnerable state in order for someone to grab her.

So did she leave the house at 5:30 or not till 6:30? Was it an argument? What were the weather conditions?

From what I understand, family have confirmed that she was at least in the home till 5:30am. She was last seen by a neighbor at 7:30am. The exact time she left is unknown, but it would have fallen within that 2hr window.

Way many inconsistencies from the very beginning
Saturday she was "mom"
Tuesday she is now "stepmom"
<modsnip - not victim friendly>

Another thing- 2 "confirmed" sightings- how come LE hasn't "confirmed" such sightings?

Was the "disoriented" that keeps getting mentioned, becausae she was under the influence or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mono County Sheriff update: Mono County Sheriff's Office

MISSING JUVENILE
UPDATE 10/15 5 pm
Many have asked if there is more information on the search for Karlie Guse. Other than a confirming sighting in the area of Highway 6 and White Mountain Estates on the morning of her disappearance, we have no new information to report. We have deployed multiple resources, including helicopters, scent dogs, Search and Rescue teams and off-road vehicles, to thoroughly search the surrounding neighborhood and high-desert terrain. Interviews of family and friends have been conducted, as well as a forensic investigation into her social media and electronic devices. Despite every effort, Karlie still has not been located. If you know anything that will help us find Karlie, please call 760-932-7549, option 7.

Saturday she was "mom"

Another thing- 2 "confirmed" sightings- how come LE hasn't "confirmed" such sightings?

Was the "disoriented" that keeps getting mentioned, becausae she was under the influence or something?

Hi, she has raised her since she was 4 yrs old so she is mom and she did clarify with the group about that. She is also close to the bio Mom and they are working together. I’m fairly sure LE enforcement told her to keep group closed for other concerns not disclosed. They are confirmed sightings..she is being open with all the information they have at this time. Disoriented is because she didn’t sleep night before and walked out without anything on her so assuming she’d have nothing to eat or drink. And resulted low blood sugar from that...

Saturday she was "mom"
So what you just woke up on Tuesday and realized you wasn't the bio mom?

And why the heck does the STEPMOM posts so many "updates" in a CLOSED FB GROUp?

I think the word "disoriented" continues to be the topic of discussion here because its a rather shocking way to refer to a 16 year old teenage girls state of mind.

When someone is described to be in a state of "disorient", my mind immediately goes to drug/alcohol abuse, or even someone suffering from a mental disorder whom has since stopped taking their meds. Either way, as a parent, its a very awkward way to refer to your daughters behavior after she has just disappeared. You cant expect for the public to read such an alarming account of a missing person, and not be prepared to offer reasonable explanation as to why its being said to begin with. Making statements about Karlie's discombobulated state of mind due to lack of sleeping, drinking, or eating has only led to more questions, IMO.

Why would she already be dehydrated after just having gone missing? I dont stay up all night just to drink gallons of water, I actually get much needed sleep. Why does her lack of eating or drinking throughout the night cause dehydration...? If she was sleeping she wouldnt be drinking or eating anyways. Unless this girl was suffering from health related issues, none of this information makes any sense to me. Although, the lack of sleep and dehydration can definitely lead to disorientation, this all seems like a premature assumption to have when Karlie had just gone missing.

Furthermore, someone had to be physically present to witness the fact that Karlie did not get any sleep that night as well as witness that she had not had anything to eat or drink all night. So who was it? Who can confirm that these details are actually the truth? Did the parents stay up all night with her? Boyfriend, friend? Seriously, what is going on here? Inconsistancy after inconsistancy, the details of this disappearance just arent adding up.

Asked previously by @mstinka1982 and @dosomethingFred-like, was Karlie using drugs in the early morning hours leading up to the time of her disappearance? Its a good question that could use an honest answer. The parents publicly announcing that their child has disappeared for no apparent reason at all is an obvious sign of misrepresentation after youve already described your child to be in a compromised state of mind.

Media does not just refer to a teenager as "disoriented" unless someone has indicated that this is a possibility. This is a strong word and a very uncommon way to describe a missing person, at least without adequete explanation.

Im just at a loss here. This case has not made sense since day one to present day

I think the word "disoriented" continues to be the topic of discussion here because its a rather shocking way to refer to a 16 year old teenage girls state of mind.

When someone is described to be in a state of "disorient", my mind immediately goes to drug/alcohol abuse, or even someone suffering from a mental disorder whom has since stopped taking their meds. Either way, as a parent, its a very awkward way to refer to your daughters behavior after she has just disappeared. You cant expect for the public to read such an alarming account of a missing person, and not be prepared to offer reasonable explanation as to why its being said to begin with. Making statements about Karlie's discombobulated state of mind due to lack of sleeping, drinking, or eating has only led to more questions, IMO.

Why would she already be dehydrated after just having gone missing? I dont stay up all night just to drink gallons of water, I actually get much needed sleep. Why does her lack of eating or drinking throughout the night cause dehydration...? If she was sleeping she wouldnt be drinking or eating anyways. Unless this girl was suffering from health related issues, none of this information makes any sense to me. Although, the lack of sleep and dehydration can definitely lead to disorientation, this all seems like a premature assumption to have when Karlie had just gone missing.

Furthermore, someone had to be physically present to witness the fact that Karlie did not get any sleep that night as well as witness that she had not had anything to eat or drink all night. So who was it? Who can confirm that these details are actually the truth? Did the parents stay up all night with her? Boyfriend, friend? Seriously, what is going on here? Inconsistancy after inconsistancy, the details of this disappearance just arent adding up.

Asked previously by @mstinka1982 and @dosomethingFred-like, was Karlie using drugs in the early morning hours leading up to the time of her disappearance? Its a good question that could use an honest answer. The parents publicly announcing that their child has disappeared for no apparent reason at all is an obvious sign of misrepresentation after youve already described your child to be in a compromised state of mind.

Media does not just refer to a teenager as "disoriented" unless someone has indicated that this is a possibility. This is a strong word and a very uncommon way to describe a missing person, at least without adequete explanation.

Im just at a loss here. This case has not made sense since day one to present day

I agree, I can't make sense of it. I asked if she was diabetic because that would explain someone being disoriented if her blood sugar was low and she didn't eat or drink in the morning as she's supposed to. Some children and teens with type 1 diabetes keep a very strict schedule of eating to try to ensure their blood sugar does not fluctuate.

But I would think something as important as her having diabetes would have been disclosed immediately.

<modsnip - quoted post and reference to it have been removed>
I’m also curious about how often it’s mentioned that she was headed towards the highway. Does someone have an inkling that she was going to hitchhike/run away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member