AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends of my family own two pawnshops. Best place in the world to buy a gun. You have to fill out paperwork, I believe. But, their shops are full of guns. There may be waiting lists, etc, but a lot of people pawn their guns, apparently.

In Wisconsin they must do a background check on who ever is buying the gun & wait until the person is cleared to give them the gun. Ot the gun seller would loose there selling permit.

It makes me think they have direction where to take their investigation.
Yes, perhaps they suspect the perp left by foot. Maybe they are looking for the gun as well as other evidence in surrounding fields?

I don't know if searching the fields necessarily means they think she is in the fields. I think they are simply searching areas that make sense to search.

jmo

Okay, more fake news from CNN then.

But the sheriff said he has a "100 percent expectation that she's alive."
The link to the press conference from yesterday is posted in the media thread. Take a listen. He was answering a compounded question. We’ve gone over this several times already; best to listen for yourself.

If he suspected she was with a sexual predator, why would his expectation be that she was alive? In the vast majority of those types of cases the victim ends up dead very quickly. It is quite evident that he feels she is with somebody that isn't going to harm her.
How is it evident that he thinks somebody isn't going to harm her? He has said over and over that she is missing and endangered.
MOO

I don't think they are far from the home as it would be really difficult to get very far with LE's quick response. They're going to need more food and shelter. I wonder if someone is harboring them.

I agree. If premeditated, the suspect(s) almost certainly had to choose going west on U.S. 8 versus east towards the town and incoming police. Even if LE arrived 4 minutes after the 911 call, they probably setup a perimeter and then entered the home cautiously, suspecting that the suspects may still be inside...in other words, it could have been 10+ minutes before they found the bodies and realized that a murder had taken place...maybe another 5-10 more to realize that a 3rd person lived there and was likely taken. The suspects could have been more than 20 miles away by the time the APB went out.

So there could be bedrooms down there
You mean in the basement? There could be a bedroom but I don't think there is more than one bedroom in the basement if there is even one. There is likely a small laundry room and bath (with toilet, sink, maybe a shower stall but not a big bathroom) and space that could be used as a workshop or rec room.

Just a guess on the basement layout from childhood memories of similar houses. ;) With the garage under the house, the basement is likely small.

jmo

The thing is he must have some facts to support his expectation. What this tells me is that he believes that Jayme is with someone that cares about her, not some random psychopath or sexual predator.
not necessarily, unfortunately :( bringing up Shasta Groene again - kidnapped by a complete psychopathic pedophile who was a stranger to her/her family and he kept her alive for 6 weeks. Keeping a victim alive doesn't necessarily mean the person cares on an emotional/spiritual level, but on a selfish level for their own wants. And theres also Elizabeth Smart, Jaycee Duggard, etc. so it does happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie