Australia -12 year old girl slashed 20 times in face while walking to school.

Hills88

Reaction score
This is about 20 minutes from me and is all over the news. So scary! It was a completely random attack on her.

• A 12-year-old girl was walking to school at 7:40am through a pedestrian tunnel
  • She was approached randomly by a man armed with a knife
  • He slashed her approximately 20 times before fleeing the scene
The 12-year-old was walking to school at Kingston State College this morning, when she was approached by a young man in a pedestrian tunnel under the Logan Motorway, just before 8:00am.

He repeatedly slashed her across the face with what's believed to have been a box cutter.

Detective Acting Inspector Grant Ralston said it was a random, unprovoked incident.

"The young girl is very brave," he said.

"She fought as best she could and after being struck approximately 20 times across the face. Incredibly she managed to pick herself up and run towards her school at Kingston … and the offender ran off in the other direction."

12yo girl slashed 20 times on face while walking to school

Hope they catch this nasty piece of work very soon!
"Police have described the man as Caucasian in appearance, aged around 17 to 18 years old, with a proportionate build, narrow face and short light-brown hair.

The attacker was described as wearing a fluorescent yellow high-visibility collared shirt and pants or jeans.

Det Snr Sgt Ralston appealed to anyone in the area between 7.30am and 7.50am to contact Crimestoppers.

Police are also specifically appealing to an elderly man who was walking two dogs nearby when the attack occurred, in the hope that he witnessed something or seen the attacker."

This is about 20 minutes from me and is all over the news. So scary! It was a completely random attack on her.

• A 12-year-old girl was walking to school at 7:40am through a pedestrian tunnel
  • She was approached randomly by a man armed with a knife
  • He slashed her approximately 20 times before fleeing the scene
The 12-year-old was walking to school at Kingston State College this morning, when she was approached by a young man in a pedestrian tunnel under the Logan Motorway, just before 8:00am.

He repeatedly slashed her across the face with what's believed to have been a box cutter.

Detective Acting Inspector Grant Ralston said it was a random, unprovoked incident.

"The young girl is very brave," he said.

"She fought as best she could and after being struck approximately 20 times across the face. Incredibly she managed to pick herself up and run towards her school at Kingston … and the offender ran off in the other direction."

12yo girl slashed 20 times on face while walking to school

This is so sad.
The poor young girl, will be affected for the rest of her life.
These horrid stories, we hear, have altered where I take my daily walks with my dog.
No longer any quiet areas.
However a pedestrian tunnel, near a school is frightening.
Hope now CCTV will be placed in such public areas.

The girl even had to undergo surgery. Very significant and life-altering injuries. Poor girl. I hope she recovers quickly both physically and emotionally.

I'm glad the attacker was caught so he can't do this to someone else. I hope he'll be locked away a long time.

Absolutely nuts. The poor girl, what a horrendous thing to go through!!

I spend a couple of days a week in Brisbane and on the whole find Australia an incredibly safe place to live, shocking

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back