TN - 4 dead, several injured at Waffle House, Nashville, Apr 2018 *Guilty*

Not true either. Chris Crocker, an openly gay man, famous mostly for his "leave Brittany alone" youtube videos. He still adores Brittany Spears, as a person, as a music artist, but as far as I know, he doesn't want a romantic relationship with her.

Well, in TR's case, he reportedly bought an expensive ring he wanted to give Taylor, and wanted to marry her.

Waffle House shooting hero James Shaw Jr. raises more than $150,000 for victims

(CNN) - Just hours after he pried a rifle from a gunman who'd opened fire at a Waffle House in Tennessee, James Shaw Jr. launched a fundraiser to help the victims' families.
3e3d73714a76f17116aa30b716009fe4.jpg

That campaign by early Thursday had raked in more than $150,000 -- more than 10 times its goal -- since the attack Sunday left four people dead.

Meantime, the Antioch, Tennessee restaurant has pledged to donate all its proceeds for the next month to the families of living and deceased victims of the attack.

And a New York man launched an online fundraiser to benefit Shaw that by early Thursday had raised nearly $165,000 from more than 5,000 donors.

[...]

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2018/04/26/us/waffle-house-james-shaw-/index.html

I'll save everyone from the click: "In time, and in the due course of understanding all of the facts of this tragedy, the Reinkings anticipate that greater clarity will be revealed about the events leading up to this incident."

smh... I wish they hadn't said anything.

I'll save everyone from the click: "In time, and in the due course of understanding all of the facts of this tragedy, the Reinkings anticipate that greater clarity will be revealed about the events leading up to this incident."

Still waiting for the father’s perp walk.

There is also a problem with psychiatric patients stopping taking their meds. Which is basically impossible to monitor if they are not in an institutional setting. Of course we don't know if TR was even diagnosed let alone prescribed any meds. He grew up in a small rural town in IL. I imagine it would be even harder to diagnose and medicate someone from a small rural town.

While Morton is rural, it is very close to Peoria, which is really a top location in Illinois for medical care. This is where we go when people are life-flighted. This is where we go in Illinois when we have serious medical issues. I'm pretty sure there are also decent mental health services there.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What does that statement even mean? Furthermore, what difference do "the events leading up to the incident" make? It certainly won't justify his actions or provide a logical reason as to why he had possession of those firearms when they should've been locked away at a secure location he had no access to. I'm with you... saying nothing would have made them look better than saying this.

These parents seem to project a sense of entitlement about their involvement in this case, as if they and their son should be held to a different standard.

Waffle House hero James Shaw meets Parkland survivors

(CNN) — It was a meeting of the mutual admiration society.
The man who stopped a mass shooting at a Waffle House met Saturday with Parkland, Florida, students who want to prevent mass shootings everywhere.
James Shaw Jr., hailed as a hero for wrestling a gun from a shooter at a Nashville-area Waffle House last month, tweeted photos of his meeting Saturday with survivors of February's mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

[...]

Video at link: https://edition-m.cnn.com/2018/05/1...ames-shaw-parkland-survivors-trnd0201PMVODtop
2a15695aedd0e4b5a3d75133a8215a7b.jpg

https://twitter.com/jamesshawjr9/status/995363467052929024?s=21

[h=1]Family of Waffle House victim in Nashville sues accused shooter’s father[/h]
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/05/family-waffle-house-victim-nashville-sues-accused-shooters-father/

[FONT=&quot]In a complaint dated Monday, the family of Joe Perez said Jeffrey Reinking “voluntarily” gave weapons to his son Travis, despite having promised the sheriff’s office in Tazewell County, Illinois, where the Reinkings live, he would not because the state had revoked Travis’ right to own firearms.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The family also said Jeffrey Reinking knew his son’s mental health was unpredictable, and that giving the 29-year-old construction worker weapons such as the Bushmaster AR-15 assault rifle used in the April 22 attack jeopardized the safety of others.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Through his agreement with the sheriff’s office, Jeffrey Reinking owed a duty to Waffle House customers and staff to take “reasonable steps” to keep weapons away from his son, and “negligently breached” that duty by providing access to the AR-15, the complaint said.[/FONT]

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...er-accused-shooter-travis-reinking/611326002/

The family of Joe Perez filed a civil lawsuit Monday against Jeffrey Reinking in Tazewell County, Illinois, where the Reinkings live. The lawsuit states Jeffrey Reinking is responsible in part for the attack because he gave his son several weapons, even after the state of Illinois revoked the suspected gunman's authorization to own weapons in the state.
“When (Jeffrey Reinking) was asked by the Tazewell County Sheriff’s Office to take possession of Travis Reinking’s firearms, including the Bushmaster AR-15, and agreed not to allow Travis Reinking to have access to those weapons, he gratuitously assumed a duty to the community of those who came or were to come in the vicinity of Travis Reinking, including Joe R. Perez, Jr. and the other guests or workers at the Waffle House, to secure those weapons so that Travis Reinking did not have access to them,” the lawsuit states.

The lawsuit seeks "an amount more than $50,000" in damages.
"The family of Joey Perez wants to understand the events giving rise to this senseless tragedy. Part of that inquiry requires learning how — and why — Travis Reinking came to possess the AR-15 assault rifle used to take four innocent lives and injure others," said John Day, an attorney representing the Perez family.

I like the idea of suing family members who allowed access to their guns in situations like this. Need to start sending a message to get on board and secure your guns and pay attention if your kid has mental health issues.

I like the idea of suing family members who allowed access to their guns in situations like this. Need to start sending a message to get on board and secure your guns and pay attention if your kid has mental health issues.

I like that idea and I’d like to see some criminal negligence charges for every single parent who doesn’t keep their guns out of the hands of their children.

Waffle House shooting suspect Travis Reinking deemed competent, criminal case moves forward

A judge committed Reinking to a mental hospital in August for treatment of schizophrenia that was so severe it delayed court proceedings in the case. Mental health officials have since deemed Reinking competent to face his charges in court.

The Davidson County district attorney's office confirmed Reinking's case was bound over to the grand jury Tuesday after his defense attorneys waived a preliminary hearing.

The move was a significant step toward a criminal trial — the grand jury will consider the evidence and decide what charges should be sent to a jury.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back