AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem credible. Apparently LE feels the same way. There isn’t a reason for them to lie about this.

They could be wrong, but I don’t think so. They had a specific time, and were informed by LE that their clock was 7 or 8 minutes fast. This all rings true.

There are plenty reasons to lie, unintentionally or not. We were told that the parents were shot to death from the autopsy, right? Have they mentioned death by a single bullet in any way?

I feel that has always been mentioned in news because it's so unusual ....?

I'm not challenging you, btw, it's been bugging me and I can't locate the answers to my questions so I'm looking for clarification since everyone does seem to think they wouldn't lie.

Reminds me of Delphi...
I’m less than 30 miles from Delphi. And am feeling the same way. I keep telling myself this isn’t the same MO - except for the age of the girls involved, and how they are all small town girls.

Ugh, and today’s weather is so similar to the day Abby and Libby were killed. I’m just going to go cry for awhile. This stuff is just heartbreaking.

Maybe the perp was greeted at the door by the dad yielding a gun and the perp shot first? Could it even be the perp also has a gunshot wound? idk.....just trying to think of different scenarios. We don't know what may have been occurring in that house prior to the neighbors getting home and later hearing 2 loud gunshots. There could have been more earlier.
The perp being injured might explain the 22 minutes from the time of the gunshots to the time of the 911 call. Maybe he was tending to first-aid (for himself).

Just another idea to consider.

Thank you. So, relatives said the door had been shot in. LE cautioned everyone to not listen to anything that doesn't come from them (LE).

Now I'm thinking a lot could have been going on at the Closs home before the neighbors arrived back home. They surely did not mention hearing all those shots. Didn't they just hear two?

MOO

the two gunshot sounds could have come from the parents and the perp could have used a silencer or other method to quiet the shots that caused the deaths. It is not uncommon for folks to have at least a shotgun in this neck of the woods. (I live about 150 miles northwest) hunting is prevalent and most gun owners have more than one firearm on the property. If there were guns in the house and there were none when the police arrived, they could have been stolen at the time of the crime.

At this time, I don’t believe LE has indicated at what time they think the person or persons entered the house. For all we know the mom and JC could have been followed home after the party and there was a long period of time before the murders took place. The early LE description of the crime scene leads me to believe whoever did this didn’t just pop in and out of that house. This totally MOO

Well, LE can say that, but the fact that there are photographs of plywood over the front door leads me to believe the relatives are being truthful on this. ;)
It seems that the front door was indeed damaged. I'm leaving it open to how the damage occurred. I'm not convinced the door was "shot in." Perhaps it simply was hit with a bullet (or damaged in a scuffle). I don't think we can conclusively say at this point what happened to the door.

jmo

Now I'm thinking a lot could have been going on at the Closs home before the neighbors arrived back home. They surely did not mention hearing all those shots. Didn't they just hear two?

That's what they reported. But it's possible they were awakened by the first shot and didn't consciously realize that's what woke them up. Then they definitely hear 2 loud shots, so that's what they report. Hard to know.

There are plenty reasons to lie, unintentionally or not. We were told that the parents were shot to death from the autopsy, right? Have they mentioned death by a single bullet in any way?

I feel that has always been mentioned in news because it's so unusual ....?

I'm not challenging you, btw, it's been bugging me and I can't locate the answers to my questions so I'm looking for clarification since everyone does seem to think they wouldn't lie.
Just because the neighbors only heard 2 shots, doesn't mean there weren't more. If the first 2 were fired closer to the front door (maybe even from just outside) they would be more likely to be heard. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member