Still Missing Turkey - Jamal Khashoggi, 59, Washington Post columnist, Istanbul, 3 Oct 2018

bbm

Jamal Khashoggi audio: US requests recording evidence from Turkey

Donald Trump says the US has asked Turkey for an audio recording of Jamal Khashoggi’s death which reportedly proves he was brutally tortured before his premeditated murder inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.

Turkish officials said the audio recording had been handed over to the US and Saudi Arabia. But on Wednesday, Trump told reporters: “We’ve asked for it … if it exists” – before adding that it “probably does” exist.

On Wednesday evening, the Washington Post published Khashoggi’s final column for the paper under the headline Jamal Khashoggi: What the Arab world needs most is free expression.

Karen Attiah, the global opinions editor, wrote in an introduction: “I received this column from Jamal Khashoggi’s translator and assistant the day after Jamal was reported missing in Istanbul.

"The Post held off publishing it because we hoped Jamal would come back to us so that he and I could edit it together. Now I have to accept: That is not going to happen.”

Opinion | Jamal Khashoggi: What the Arab world needs most is free expression

Opinion | Read Jamal Khashoggi’s columns for The Washington Post

This is all very sad and disturbing.

on page 9 or so someone had posted a report about the Turks appearing to have recorded 1 or more other vehicles going in a different direction to the airport and going out of Istanbul... to the Belgrade Forest or a rural locations in Yalova... has there been any further mention of this on twitter or on the news sites?

There were CCTV pics released in multiple outlets of that large metallic suitcase... one pic was from the private jet terminal apparently and showed one of that suitcase being wheeled in the FREE SPACE BETWEEN the X-RAY machine and the metal detecter!!! Diplomatic privilege?? Wonder if anyone else on here noticed that.... would they really try to smuggle a body in a suitcase like that?

Who are the warmongers?

Probably the same interests who fabricated evidence of "Weapons of Mass Destruction" to goad the US into invading Iraq (and eventually Afghanistan) after a group of Saudis, financed/organized by terrorists led by a member of the Saudi royal family, hijacked planes and flew them into buildings on US soil.

I like the Turks efforts to cover up the fact they have audio and video surveillance bugs in various foreign embassies/consulates in Turkey by claiming the recordings they have came from Khashoggi's Apple watch.

MBS's nickname, even before this latest incident:

Mr Bone Saw

Probably the same interests who fabricated evidence of "Weapons of Mass Destruction" to goad the US into invading Iraq (and eventually Afghanistan) after a group of Saudis, financed/organized by terrorists led by a member of the Saudi royal family, hijacked planes and flew them into buildings on US soil.

I like the Turks efforts to cover up the fact they have audio and video surveillance bugs in various foreign embassies/consulates in Turkey by claiming the recordings they have came from Khashoggi's Apple watch.

MBS's nickname, even before this latest incident:

Mr Bone Saw

bbm

Sorry, I'm dense tonight. Raging migraine. Who are you talking about, specifically? Foreign or domestic?

The Saudi government's role in 9/11 is more of a theory, right? It was bankrolled by al-Qaeda, iirc.

I just can’t get my head around having the ability inside you to do this to this to an innocent human being. How can you put headphones on and get on with doing that?

It just makes you wonder what atrocities go on in that country and others that we are unaware of.

They are 'cowards'; 15 -1; the one wins on all levels; humanity, bravery, decency etc.

So sickening. If this murder happened the way it seems to have happened we, as Americans, MUST fully investigate and punish those responsible. If we don't protect and support the first amendment, all of the others will fall.

Will the American government take action? As of now, it's doubtful.

They will take action; 'a cover up was attempted'; but the world stands united and won't stand for it.
Your Congress is united and fired up; their stance is 'Morality is more important then money'.

I think you bring up a very good point. And I don't think these people that carried out this murder are amateurs....this wasn't their first rodeo (IMO).

But they have been very amateurish. Left loads of clues and evidence; it was done to send out a message to their fellow countrymen. You also have to be stupid not to know that the Consulate was being bugged by various counties; the Turks have declared they have audio; dozens of other countries probably have audio to; but haven't declared it.

First I'll admit, I have no idea who Jamal Khashoggi was, nor why he was killed. I don't know much about politics so please don't think I'll be able to get into an intelligent conversation about them.

I am asking why people think the USA should do something? We have so many problems here, on USA soil, that I just don't see how we can take on the world's problems. We can't get our own taken care of.

We sure can't afford to lose thousands of our people in another war.

Other countries probably don't agree with the way we do things here, but can you imagine the outrage if another country came here, and demanded we do things the way their country does?

There will be no war; this is about holding a country and individuals accountable for their actions; all for the common good.

Int. Policy Digest on Twitter
Saudi who flew to Turkey on day Khashoggi disappeared 'dies in crash' - Daily Mail Saudi who flew to Turkey on day Khashoggi disappeared 'dies in crash' — Daily Mail
"Meshal Saad M. Albostani has been named among a group of men wanted for questioning after Khashoggi went missing having entered the Saudi consulate in Istanbul two weeks ago.

It has now been reported that Albostani, a lieutenant of the Saudi Royal Air Force, has died in a 'suspicious traffic accident' in the capital Riyadh."

That way the culprits can control the 'narrative'; he probably wanted to own up and tell the truth; the others disagreed. The other 14 will become more fractious.

<modsnip - not victim friendly>; Khashoggi was there to collect documents; he was told they would be ready as it was his second visit. How long would it take? Half an hour max? Surely you would be knocking on the Embassy doors; raise the alarm to local authorities after an hour and a half. Especially as he was a 'critic of the Saudi's' and left Saudi for a reason; threats to him from the state.

Khashoggi's Last Words:-

'In the piece Hatice said Jamal did not think anything untoward about going to the consulate, but still told her to inform Turkish authorities is she "did not hear from him soon".'

Fiancee of journalist Jamal Khashoggi reveals chilling last words to her

It is out of the question for Turkey to give any kind of audio tape to Pompeo or any other US official," said Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu, two days after meeting with the US's top diplomat for talks in Ankara.

ABC News, quoting a senior Turkish official, reported Thursday that during his visit to Turkey this week Pompeo heard this audio and was shown a transcript of the recording. But Pompeo denied the report.

"I've seen no tape. I've seen no -- or I've heard no tape. I've seen no transcript," he told reporters during a trip to Latin America.

"We will share the results to emerge with the entire world. It is out of the question for us to share this or that information with any country," he said, quoted by the state-run Anadolu news agency.
Don't Have "Any Kind Of Audio Tape", Says Turkey On Jamal Khashoggi Probe

The alliance between Saudi Arabia and the US is indeed old, going back several decades and, along with its ties with Israel, forms the bedrock of America’s strategic and defence interests in the Middle East.

Despite growing outrage over the alleged gruesome murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi inside the Saudi embassy in Istanbul -- intelligence officials in both Turkey and US are increasingly confident that Khashoggi, a critic of the Crown Prince and a columnist for the Washington Post, was tortured, killed and dismembered by a Saudi hit team that had come to Turkey specially for the purpose – the US can’t simply turn its back on Saudi Arabia.
US dilemma over Khashoggi’s apparent murder: How to punish Saudi Arabia without ending a critical alliance

When asked if the UK would stop arms sales to Saudi Arabia, he cited a "strategic relationship" and told Today the UK has "a very strict arms sale control mechanism".
Hunt: 'Considered' UK response to Saudis

A Turkish official said Friday that investigators are looking into the possibility that the remains of missing Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi may have been taken to a forest in the outskirts of Istanbul or to another city — if and after he was killed inside the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul earlier this month.

A leaked surveillance photo published by the same paper on Thursday showed that a member of Prince Mohammed’s entourage during several trips abroad had walked into the Saudi consulate, just before the writer disappeared there on Oct. 2.

The man, identified by Turkish officials as Maher Abdulaziz Mutreb, has been photographed in the background of Prince Mohammed’s trips to the United States, France and Spain this year.
Official: Khashoggi's Remains May Have Been Moved Out of Istanbul

There is a rare and growing bipartisan consensus in Congress about the need to smack Saudi Arabia with human-rights sanctions, or perhaps even tougher penalties, for its role in the death of Jamal Khashoggi, the journalist who walked in to the Saudi consulate in Istanbul earlier this month but never walked out. Sanctions seem inevitable.

The only problem is that many of the same experts pushing for sanctions against Saudi Arabia have previously argued, in other contexts, that sanctions don’t work.
Jamal Khashoggi's Killing Left Experts Scrambling for Answers - The Atlantic

Saudi intelligence officer and former diplomat Maher Abdulaziz Mutreb played a "pivotal role" in the apparent killing, a source familiar with the Turkish investigation has told CNN. The source said that Mutreb was fully aware of "the plot" of the operation.

Several US officials have told CNN that any operation involving members of the crown prince's inner circle could not have happened without his direct knowledge.
US hardens line on Saudi Arabia as evidence mounts over Khashoggi - CNN

bbm

Sorry, I'm dense tonight. Raging migraine. Who are you talking about, specifically? Foreign or domestic?

The Saudi government's role in 9/11 is more of a theory, right? It was bankrolled by al-Qaeda, iirc.

Hijackers in the September 11 attacks. The hijackers in the September 11 attacks were 19 men affiliated with al-Qaeda. 15 of the 19 were citizens of Saudi Arabia, and the others were from the United Arab Emirates (2), Egypt, and Lebanon.

Osama Bin Laden was one of more than 50 children of Muhammad bin Laden, a self-made billionaire who, after immigrating to Saudi Arabia from Yemen as a labourer, rose to direct major construction projects for the Saudi royal family. By the time of Muhammad’s death in an airplane accident in 1967, his company had become one of the largest construction firms in the Middle East, and the bin Laden family had developed a close relationship with the Saudi royal family.

Saudi embassy may have funded 9/11 'dry run': report

Last edited:
Turkey says it has video, audio of missing activist's murder at Saudi consulate, report says

October 11

The report added that Turkish officials have balked at releasing the recordings out of fear it would compromise intelligence methods.

Khashoggi first went to the consulate on 28 September and met with a Saudi diplomat in an attempt to get the papers he needed.

The Saudi diplomat passed him on to a member of Saudi intelligence, who said the consulate would be unable to provide what he needed that day, but he could return the following week, the source said.

EXCLUSIVE: Jamal Khashoggi 'dragged from consulate office, killed and dismembered'

A second Turkish source with knowledge of the investigation told MEE that the Turks had video and audio evidence of the killing. However, they have not revealed how they obtained this evidence.

But particular attention is being paid to the Apple watch that Khashoggi was wearing when he entered the building. This is synced electronically to the iPhone that he gave his fiancee before entering the building.

Turkish foreign minister says Khashoggi evidence has not been shared with anyone

Turkish foreign minister says Khashoggi evidence has not been shared with anyone

“Turkey has not given a voice recording to Pompeo or any other American official,” Cavusoglu told reporters on a visit to Albania.

“We will share the results that emerge transparently with the whole world. We have not shared any information at all with any country.”

The State Department also denied Thursday that it had seen any evidence or heard an audio recording from inside the consulate.

This is all very sad and disturbing.

on page 9 or so someone had posted a report about the Turks appearing to have recorded 1 or more other vehicles going in a different direction to the airport and going out of Istanbul... to the Belgrade Forest or a rural locations in Yalova... has there been any further mention of this on twitter or on the news sites?

There were CCTV pics released in multiple outlets of that large metallic suitcase... one pic was from the private jet terminal apparently and showed one of that suitcase being wheeled in the FREE SPACE BETWEEN the X-RAY machine and the metal detecter!!! Diplomatic privilege?? Wonder if anyone else on here noticed that.... would they really try to smuggle a body in a suitcase like that?

My opinion is that a large metallic suitcase would hold the "autopsy kit" and the now infamous bone saw.

I had read some unconfirmed report that they had used acid to dissolve the body. However, that doesn't happen within a couple of hours, takes days or weeks, depending on the sizes of bone present.

There is a report from Daily Mail (?MSM or not?) that King Salman of Saudi Arabia is now personally intervening in the case by sending his own trusted envoy to Turkey.

With MBS as his own blood son, Crown Prince, and heir apparent, there is a lot on the line with the SA royal succession here.

The worldwide condemnation isn't yet loud, but the withdrawl of signficant financial interests from the "Davos in the Desert" program will surely hurt SA and cause great concern about what MBS has done. His recent radical imprisonment of other Saudi royals and questionable behavior are an issue, worldwide, in regards to him becoming the King of Saudi Arabia upon his father's death and what that will do to the oil business and Saudi investments worldwide.

The investigation will go on and I do expect Turkey to be more or less trustworthy in their findings.

The real issue for the future is what King Salman will do about MBS and the succession.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back