GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Stalker comment she made is weird..she is weird LOL

Oh I have a question. How long did Casey Brown disappear for? Do you know? Do you think by any chance he went out and brought those handcuffs? Chased down AC and other potential witnesses? or Just had to use the toilet? LOL

Actually, the female assistant at the table left to get the screenshots printed. He kept coming and going every couple of minutes while she was gone to see if she was back. He left about 3-4 times then he finally just stayed gone and came back in all winded...like seriously winded and got to their table with the photos and slammed them down real dramatic (while GM was painfully dragging out his redirect) but they were paper so no sound effects on the table. I don't know if you guys heard, but the state argued a lot to keep the screenshots of the tattoo out and in the end the judge allowed them, but then you saw GM didn't want to give up his ipad so the race was on to get them printed before he finished with Ashley. And we all saw what he did to drag it on....he talked about nothing.

But this morning he did leave a lot and come back. Like annoyingly a lot. Because you automatically look that way when the door opens. He may have chased down that last witness Brooke- there was a big discussion about how they never knew where any of the witnesses were....they blamed the court on that too. They had to be told to get their witnesses in the room right outside the door so that when they are called the bailiff could just open the door and yell their name LOL. I really think they got brooke so they wouldn't have to call Tammy- they were trying to just finish the day since they probably didn't plan to have her up today but then 5 witnesses got cut LOL...or maybe she's going to change her mind.

Last edited:
I forgot to say this. The holding room for her family is across the hall from the waiting room for observers. So when we got back from lunch the bailiff said it was too early to go in and to wait in the waiting room to be called.

I had a question that maybe you can answer. I was wondering why 5 of the family members were sequestered and then violated the order to not have devices, while the sister was able to testify. Does that mean she was not sequestered? If that is so, I wonder why she was not sequestered and the rest of the family was.

I had a question that maybe you can answer. I was wondering why 5 of the family members were sequestered and then violated the order to not have devices, while the sister was able to testify. Does that mean she was not sequestered? If that is so, I wonder why she was not sequestered and the rest of the family was.

All the witnesses were told not to watch any testimony and couldnt be in the courtroom until after they testified. Ashley wasn't in the room I guess when all that went down with the computer. I think the others were (the kids) because Tammy wanted them at the trial with her, but the judge reminded her that they themselves were the ones that requested witnesses not be in the courtroom so they found them a room to sit in. She eats lunch with them and stuff. The fifth person was whitny P. I guess she was spotted in the courtroom just watching one day this week. When Ashley testified today and after the jury left the room for a break or for lunch she was told she had to be alone for that period of time since she was still under oath. During one break it annoyed me that Ashley chose to spend that "alone" time in the very first row next to Tammy. I watched to make sure they didn't talk....although I'm sure it was someone's job to do that not mine LOL

Oh and i cannot believe they were watching the streaming in that room on a laptop--that takes some guts. I mean nobody could prove if you watched at home, but to do it right there- crazy! I don't think for a minute Ashley didn't watch from home- she just wasn't dumb enough to do it there.

Last edited:
All the witnesses were told not to watch any testimony and couldnt be in the courtroom until after they testified. Ashley wasn't in the room I guess when all that went down with the computer. I think the others were (the kids) because Tammy wanted them at the trial with her, but the judge reminded her that they themselves were the ones that requested witnesses not be in the courtroom so they found them a room to sit in. She eats lunch with them and stuff. The fifth person was whitny P. I guess she was spotted in the courtroom just watching one day this week. When Ashley testified today and after the jury left the room for a break or for lunch she was told she had to be alone for that period of time since she was still under oath. During one break it annoyed me that Ashley chose to spend that "alone" time in the very first row next to Tammy. I watched to make sure they didn't talk....although I'm sure it was someone's job to do that not mine LOL

Oh and i cannot believe they were watching the streaming in that room on a laptop--that takes some guts. I mean nobody could prove if you watched at home, but to do it right there- crazy! I don't think for a minute Ashley didn't watch from home- she just wasn't dumb enough to do it there.

Thanks, that makes sense. I guess that was a lucky break that AC wasn't in that room. Imagine if she weren't able to testify?

I am wide awake, replaying everything in my head over and over and wondering what tomorrow will bring. Do y'all think there is anyone else to call other than Tammy? Defense isn't going to be able to get away with sneaking in someone not on the list again. Maybe Casey was scrambling also trying to get Sidney back?

Actually, the female assistant at the table left to get the screenshots printed. He kept coming and going every couple of minutes while she was gone to see if she was back. He left about 3-4 times then he finally just stayed gone and came back in all winded...like seriously winded and got to their table with the photos and slammed them down real dramatic (while GM was painfully dragging out his redirect) but they were paper so no sound effects on the table. I don't know if you guys heard, but the state argued a lot to keep the screenshots of the tattoo out and in the end the judge allowed them, but then you saw GM didn't want to give up his ipad so the race was on to get them printed before he finished with Ashley. And we all saw what he did to drag it on....he talked about nothing.

But this morning he did leave a lot and come back. Like annoyingly a lot. Because you automatically look that way when the door opens. He may have chased down that last witness Brooke- there was a big discussion about how they never knew where any of the witnesses were....they blamed the court on that too. They had to be told to get their witnesses in the room right outside the door so that when they are called the bailiff could just open the door and yell their name LOL. I really think they got brooke so they wouldn't have to call Tammy- they were trying to just finish the day since they probably didn't plan to have her up today but then 5 witnesses got cut LOL...or maybe she's going to change her mind.

You have been absolutely wonderful.:):):)
Thank you.
Looking forward to your very informative Posts tomorrow.

How fortunate we are to have your eyes and ears in the courtroom! When I read that you and your hubby were going to be there today, I kept my eyes open for a couple that I may not have seen before, and I spotted one, guessing it might be you two. And it was. : )
Looking forward to your posts tomorrow.
And, please tell the Col. thanks for his service!

I didn't want to be...once again my husband just doing his thing and not noticing LOL.

I have many impressions about the jurors....I'm hesitant to post because I did earlier and was told not to talk about them so not to screw up the case....which I didn't think was not okay. I've tweeted reporters on other cases and asked how the jurors were reacting to certain testimony and they always tweeted back.

That said, my impression of the jury was they were definitely paying attention to her sister's testimony. Especially on cross....of course that direct was just painfully long and drawn out. ( and after all the delays in the morning i didn't appreciate the drawn out defense lawyer-my husband actually fell asleep- i realize i'm not making him sound too good here. no worries i woke him and he tried harder to pay attention lol).
Oh my gosh!! :) I just love your reporting.
I hope you don't mind, but,
1- Thank you and your husband for your sacrifices for our country.
2-Man :):):p I like you sooooo much!! Awesome Sauce!!

She just said CM was playing video games and I posted an article this morning where CM told the police he was asleep.
TM’s mother also made statements early on about what they were doing somewhere there is a newscast of her saying they were home with her all night because they had to get up early for work?? Can’t find it now...will keep looking. In it she was driving out of the courthouse parking lot. Possibly around the time that the Moorer’s were originally arrested.

I was able to find another written article however that states “Polly Caison said the truck police referred to never left the yard and that police didn’t spend enough time looking for other suspects, but instead targeted the Moorers, whose home sits behind the Caison home on the same property off Secondary Highway 814.”

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article16668338.htm

I am sure we could find so many more articles such as these. How come statements made to the news reporters by witnesses can’t be used in a trial???

Hey all, I was there today, but we got our kids dinner, homework, bed, etc and I'm beat. My husband went with me today, but tomorrow I'm going alone. I plan to get there early enough and they put you in this waiting room until about 9:15. The drive is a little over an hour, not bad at all, so I should have some time to post about today while I'm waiting....though I see two giant threads so I'm sure you all covered it!

It was crazy for me to be there...like so surreal. I guess because this has been going on for so long and I've never once not followed online in real time-every single hearing or trial I watched as it happened or that night....so strange to be walking down the hall with TM right beside me. And of course the sweet Elvis family. Looking at Morgan is hard...looks so much like Heather. The first half of the day we sat behind them (row 3) and the second half we sat in the row right in front of the cameras....yes that's my husband's big head I saw in someone's screen grabs from the feed LOL. We moved because at lunch we saw that one of the reporters tweeted out a photo of the courtroom and my husband was pretty visible (he's a Col in the army and he was "sick" today :eek:). Hopefully his coworkers aren't following LOL.

Someone mentioned their reaction when they heard "Sydney" being called....same reaction as just about everyone there (except my husband who was completely clueless :confused:).

This is so funny. I saw you guys and I thought to myself, "I wonder if that cute couple are WSers" :)

Tammy Moorer’s sister appears to provide alibi for the night of Elvis’ disappearance (with clip)

October 18, 2018

"Tammy Moorer’s sister gave her an alibi for the time frame state prosecutors say Moorer and her husband, Sidney, kidnapped Heather Elvis in 2013.

Ashley Caison testified Thursday that at 3:10 a.m. on Dec. 18, 2013, Tammy Moorer texted her “home.” Ashley — who was staying with the Moorers’ children near their Highway 814 home — rustled the kids and sent them to the Moorers.

“They were outside, still waiting to unlock their door to get in,” Caison said of Tammy and Sidney when the kids left.

That text was the same time the state says Tammy and Sidney kidnapped Elvis from the Peachtree Landing area of Socastee. Elvis has not been seen since...."

Tammy Moorer’s sister appears to provide alibi for the night of Elvis’ disappearance
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is how the first morning of Tammy Moorer’s kidnapping defense unfolded

October 18, 2018

"Confusion reigned in a Horry County courtroom on Thursday morning as Tammy Moorer presented her defense in a conspiracy and kidnapping trial.

Moorer faces charges in connection to the disappearance of Heather Elvis in 2013.

Many in attendance expected Tammy Moorer to take the stand to start the day. However, the defense called Sidney Moorer to start its case, and some in gallery believed Tammy’s husband was the person called. But Christian Moorer, one of the Moorer children, entered the courtroom. Christian’s full name is Sidney Christian Moorer.

The state then alerted the court that members of the defense witness list violated a court order for sequestration by watching a live stream of the trial. Judge Benjamin Culbertson ordered a break to determine who violated the order...."

Here is how the first morning of Tammy Moorer’s kidnapping defense unfolded
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, that makes sense. I guess that was a lucky break that AC wasn't in that room. Imagine if she weren't able to testify?

Yes! She was terrible right though? So at least there’s that.

You have been absolutely wonderful.:):):)
Thank you.
Looking forward to your very informative Posts tomorrow.

I actually posted the photo then removed it- and my avatar photo. I will post them when it’s over. I don’t want her staring me down today if she reads here LOL

How fortunate we are to have your eyes and ears in the courtroom! When I read that you and your hubby were going to be there today, I kept my eyes open for a couple that I may not have seen before, and I spotted one, guessing it might be you two. And it was. : )
Looking forward to your posts tomorrow.
And, please tell the Col. thanks for his service!

OH GOSH— thank you for looking I would have done the SAME THING. Today I won’t be wearing bright red though...I have nothing teal that’s warm enough. The courtroom is freezing. People had blankets.

Also, there was one other couple sitting near us - they were older though. Not that we are spring chickens, but we were the 44 and 46 year old people LOL

Oh my gosh!! :) I just love your reporting.
I hope you don't mind, but,
1- Thank you and your husband for your sacrifices for our country.
2-Man :):):p I like you sooooo much!! Awesome Sauce!!

You are so sweet- my posts will probably be non technical/ law related. I can’t wait to post about the tattoo artist that’s unlicensed but I’ll wait because it has to do with my job and I can’t say anything until later- if anything is ever done about it, but I did contact my coworkers as soon as I could and they are working on it LOL

This is so funny. I saw you guys and I thought to myself, "I wonder if that cute couple are WSers" :)

Were you there? Or probably on TV you mean LOL- I kept wondering if anyone from here was there. I did meet a couple people from the MCD Facebook group...they were local to Myrtle beach. I didn’t get their names or anything and I don’t have Facebook anymore (got rid of it like 5 years ago) but I made a profile for my dog (my real dog so it’s sort of real but it doesn’t have friends or anything LOL) and use that. I didn’t want to tell them I was the dog profile LOL

Were you there? Or probably on TV you mean LOL- I kept wondering if anyone from here was there. I did meet a couple people from the MCD Facebook group...they were local to Myrtle beach. I didn’t get their names or anything and I don’t have Facebook anymore (got rid of it like 5 years ago) but I made a profile for my dog (my real dog so it’s sort of real but it doesn’t have friends or anything LOL) and use that. I didn’t want to tell them I was the dog profile LOL

No, I was watching on TV :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member