AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
A curious thing is the "evidence" chair that looked like someone had been tied to it. Who was that person? Presumably Jamie --maybe to control her? Or could it have been Denise? Torture or what? Needed some kind of information? Just waiting for dad to get home? Didn't know dad was coming? Seems unlikely he wouldn't know dad's schedule, if it was pre-planned. If someone from dad's work, would surely know. (Lots of questions....) Agree with other commentators on the curiosity of perp remaining in the house for 20+ minutes. You'd think he would just grab Jayme and go. This makes me think that he might already have been in the house, with the two women, when dad arrived home. If the crime scene was horrific, seems there must have been more than just boom-boom two gunshots going on.

Another possibility is he was already in the house with the women, tied Jayme up, then raped Denise (planning to get to Jayme later). The evidence would show if this was the case. Reminds me of the BTK Killer, who killed the entire family primarily so he could have access to the women. Perhaps Dad coming home was a surprise, which then caused things to escalate and he lost control of the victims. Evidence at the house would rule this in or out, but LE isn't saying of course. He could have killed dad on arrival (heard the car coming?), continued with Denise and Jayme---one got the call made (Jayme possibly? Denise doing the yelling? or other way around?) so he quickly shot Denise (accounting for her being dead 4 mins later) and then absconded with Jayme? Less likely, but possible, especially if we discount that there were only 2 shots and they were at 12:31. Would be great if we knew actual timeline of dad's arrival---or was he already in bed and awakened.

I've thought a lot about this case and I think there are a lot of important pieces missing and I understand why the police are keeping things close. I really think this might be something that happened! It makes sense to me. Dad is at work. Perp is in home with Jayme and mom. One or both are both tied up. Dad is called and told to come home early but with a reason that may not set off suspicion (I want to be victim friendly here so if he knew there was danger and didn't call the police that would imply something else) Or dad just got off early because that happens sometimes and perp is surprised and has to shoot dad as he enters the home. To me that explains bullets in the door and the wrong info from the family that the door was "shot in"

If Jayme and her mom are still tied up that could explain the time difference in the neighbor's hearing the gun shots and the 911 call. Denise could have either been alive or seriously injured. We have to remember that we have no idea when the intruder actually entered the home. Denise and Jayme could have both been shot to incapacitate but not kill. Denise could have succumbed to those injuries much later or was injured in a mother way later that eventually caused her death. During the next half hour the perp does what perps do I guess. Whether that's to continue hurting Jayme and her mother or look for something in the house I do not know. Jayme could have somehow got a phone and dialed 911 on her way out of the home to make sure her parents got help .I'm not trying to say she went willingly. She may have known she was going to be forced to leave and had a moment of clarity. The TV being on and being something the 911 dispatcher is hearing is a real possibility. Loud TVs in the background can absolutely sound like people.

There are just a lot of missing pieces that make this a head scratcher for sure.

Also from the police log: Are these other police units? I thought no one was around at the scene.

ADVISED ___ AND ___ WERE ASKED TO LEAVE AS THEY WERE DRIVING BY MULTIPLE TIMES.

Who the heck is ___ and ___? That's pretty significant, IMO, driving around a crime scene after two people were found murdered and their daughter is missing. Jmo

Perhaps they had some type of security latch or something similar installed on the inside of the door that would have allowed JC (the father) to crack the door open slightly in order to communicate with someone who, for example, had knocked on the door or rang the door bell. If the door had been kicked in per the log, then a latch like that would have been broken, and thus indicating to deputies that the door had been answered. Jmo
Definitely a logical explanantion about the door. But still curious about initially calling it a suicide and mentioning Jenny O.

I have read that James was an avid hunter. Coming from a hunting family/community I don't know of 1 hunter who doesn't own a shot gun. Even I have a shot gun. My thoughts are maybe perp(s) stole the guns. JMO
Well if he is a hunter I wholeheartedly agree with you. I wonder if they were kept in a gun case then. Maybe the cops are just misleading us by saying no guns were found. Maybe they are meaning no guns were found at the actual location by the body. Usually if you are a avid hunter you'r going to have several shotguns. I knew a guy whose was an avid bow and gun hunter and he had many shotguns.

I'm confused on this wording: 1:03 329 ADVISED OF A POSSIBLE SUICIDE ATTEMPT. REQUESTED ASSISTANCE FROM BARRON PD. ADVISED 656.
1:03 PAGED 501 & 1ST RESPONDERS.

We're the cops already there? Who's considered a first responder? I wonder if they first found dad by the front door or close by and later found the mom in the back bedroom. It's just weird why they would consider it a suicide with no obvious weapon if it was a gunshot wound.
That was exactly my thought. But if we were working on a theory that the mother did barracade herself in a room of the house, it could take LE a few minutes to gain entry into that room. Perhaps they simply didn't know that there wasn't a weapon on one of the victims at the time of that radio dispatch.

Who the heck is ___ and ___? That's pretty significant, IMO, driving around a crime scene after two people were found murdered and their daughter is missing. Jmo

The local news said they redacted names and addresses from the report. I would guess it's likely nosy neighbors who hear or see all of the police and EMS vehicles speeding down the streets. But I'm glad LE apparently took down their names!

I'm confused on this wording: 1:03 329 ADVISED OF A POSSIBLE SUICIDE ATTEMPT. REQUESTED ASSISTANCE FROM BARRON PD. ADVISED 656.

We're the cops already there? Who's considered a first responder? I wonder if they first found dad by the front door or close by and later found the mom in the back bedroom. It's just weird why they would consider it a suicide with no obvious weapon if it was a gunshot wound.

329 would be a police officer. I think when the first LEO arrived at the scene, he saw the father dead and no one else in the house (I'm sure they called in announcing themselves as the police), so he assumed it was a suicide.

Keep in mind this is literally the first words said by the first LEO back to dispatch walking into the house. This was said before any investigation, any search. It was just his first reaction.

From the 911 calls we know the dog was found alive and was given to a family member.

There is a reference to Ontonagon County (in Michigan) it abuts Lake Superior. I wonder if the location that Jayme's profile photo on FB was taken (which is on a shore line) is in that county.

My ex is a firefighter/EMT and from what I know typically first responders provide medical attention- many fire fighters are also trained EMT's so instead of paging just firefighters or just EMT's (that are in an ambulance) you page 1st responders (the first medically trained person that can respond to the call)

And yes interesting they considered suicide first if they found him at the front door which had been kicked in- wouldn't ones first thought be murder?? Makes me think GSW to the head maybe?

That was very helpful! And answered some of our questions. Seems like dad was answering the door after all. I wonder why they initially suspected suicide. Seems to rule out a shotgun, I'd think?

My best guess? They heard some shouting in the background on the 911 call - some sort of commotion. Maybe they thought someone was trying to suicide?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 12.15.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 12.15.15 PM.png
    157.2 KB · Views: 41
Definitely a logical explanantion about the door. But still curious about initially calling it a suicide and mentioning Jenny O.

My guess is this has to do with being in a small town. One of the cops likely knew they both worked at Jennie-O and crimes like this don't happen here so their first instinct was suicide.

I'm out of town and using my phone to catch up.

From the latest info, am I correct in thinking that someone was kicking in the door. Dad was shot approaching it. Mom was in bed and made the 911 call but was shot. The Jayme was taken from the house?

The perp could have done all of this quietly. That's a lot of anger. Sounds personal.

Where the Closs home is located it is likely in the Barron County Sheriff's Office coverage area. The City of Barron itself has its own Police Department.

The local news said they redacted names and addresses from the report. I would guess it's likely nosy neighbors who hear or see all of the police and EMS vehicles speeding down the streets. But I'm glad LE apparently took down their names!

Some people have a scanner in their home and an alert tone from dispatch would wake them. Hence, jumping in car to see what was happening. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288