AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
But in the case of urgency would a strong man bother with keys?

If we're talking about the possibility of James intercepting something already in-progress at home, for ex, when he got home, it's possible the door was locked with another means (like a chain, bolt, etc) and it needed to be kicked open.

From the un-redacted police log, it sounds to me that James opened the door to LE officer. Anyone else read it that way? I think that the perp came into the house, tortured (for lack of a better word) Jayme and Denise. James came home from work around 12:10, and a struggle ensued. However, I, like many of you, cannot figure out why the perp would take Jayme instead of killing her (I hate even typing that out). It just seems like the perp already killed two, what is one more? Really trying to figure out a motive for why they kidnapped Jayme.

From the un-redacted police log, it sounds to me that James opened the door to LE officer. Anyone else read it that way? I think that the perp came into the house, tortured (for lack of a better word) Jayme and Denise. James came home from work around 12:10, and a struggle ensued. However, I, like many of you, cannot figure out why the perp would take Jayme instead of killing her (I hate even typing that out). It just seems like the perp already killed two, what is one more? Really trying to figure out a motive for why they kidnapped Jayme.
I read it that way as well.

Its also entirely possible that the daughter is the murderer or an accomplice
Who really knows ?
It wouldn't be the first time LE have stated one thing --- and had other information that pointed in an entirely opposite direction.
LE have had to 'bluff' before this... while building their case.

Until LE names her as such we must consider Jayme a victim.

If she was involved (& that's a big IF) ; she had to have help; imo.
At least a vehicle to leave the scene.
The only involvement I'd entertain in my thoughts is that she may have had an online "crush" -- who turned out to be a stalker and dangerous predator.
And an older person at that. Not some other 13 yr. old .

This was brutal and hard core. :(

I also find it interesting that the dispatcher initially logged the disturbance as suicidal. Do they typically do this when they hear people yelling in the background? My immediate thought would be a robbery or break in. I wonder what caused them to believe suicide?

To hide their DNA in the event of a sexual assault

Do we know when he come home from work yet?

Brooke Schwieters on Twitter
Today marks day #5 that #JaymeCloss has been missing. A small community is stunned and law enforcement is still looking for answers. The @bcsheriff has now added a tip email: jaymetips@co.barron.wi.us. Over 1000 tips have come in as of today. Keep sharing and stay vigilant.

Dp46j2XWwAEg842.jpg

Is it unusual that it took an hour and a half to change call from suicidal person/attempted suicide to homicide?
I wouldn't think it too unusual. They wouldn't know if was a murder suicide until they could be certain no firearm was there. For example, the firearm could have been under one of the bodies and they wouldn't be able to move the bodies to check until after a complete photo set was taken of the scene for evidentiary purposes.

I read it that way as well.
While I agree it reads that way, I think (since dispatch person is typing in clipped sentences) that it was probably reported by the officer on scene that 'it appears the man answered the door when he was shot' (or something like that) and the log reflects only what was entered by dispatch. The officer is likely speaking in full sentences; dispatch can only enter blurbs, or risk missing something. It has been reported over and over that JC was found in the doorway.

Edited to add that this is wild speculation.

I also find it interesting that the dispatcher initially logged the disturbance as suicidal. Do they typically do this when they hear people yelling in the background? My immediate thought would be a robbery or break in. I wonder what caused them to believe suicide?
Wait, I did not see that... are you referring to “329 ADVISED OF A POSSIBLE SUICIDE ATTEMPT”?

329 is the officer on the scene looking at a body and believing it to be a suicide.

Unless this child knows exactly who you are, then she'd have to either die or go with you.

IF the report is correct and the door was kicked in and dad was shot right then and there it would make me believe the suspect(s) knows the family and that this was some kind of personal situation that possibly escalated over a few days and cumulated to this fatal confrontation. Family fight? Neighbor feud? Jayme may have been taken because she knew who the perp was and that's why they were able to identify her on the 911 call (somebody yelling her name to come, etc.)

If mom was in another room and shot separately it could have muffled the gun shots even more. When I hear something like gun shots outside (I live in an area where gun shots mean somebody is getting shot at or shot) I'll turn my TV or music off to listen for a few minutes but will then turn it back on if it seems quiet out. If gun shots sound like they're right outside I'll call 911 and really look outside to see if I can see anything (which my husband yells at me about lol) If gunshots weren't alarming to the neighbors I just can't rule out more gun shots happening in different parts of the house that would make it harder for the neighbors to hear. Especially if Denise was found in another part of the house as the call log makes it seem.

I'm leaning towards Jayme knew the suspect(s) and that this might have been a confrontation turned deadly as anger grew and then panic ensued after the father was shot and killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998