AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meaningless Speculation/thinking:
Did the perp exit the same way they entered? I wonder the positioning of the father in the doorway? Did perp, with Jayme in tow, exit the front door in a hurry, navigating around the father's body while still keeping control of Jayme?
Horrifying thought.

I just had a thought about the time in the house after the door being kicked in, father shot, and hanging around 20 minutes. Maybe they weren't in such a hurry to until the mother or Jayme made the 911 call and then they had to get out in a hurry. The perp(s) could have been there to rob the house, look for guns, money, kidnap Jayme, harm the mother; we dont' know at this point. The perp(s) probably didn't know the neighbors heard gunshots no matter what the exact time was. He(they) made have made Jayme pack a suitcase/bags of clothing to take along and that took some time. If the goal was to kidnap Jayme, maybe they killed her parents and got her as planned. If the goal was something else, maybe the parents got killed, but for whatever reason, the perp(s) couldn't bring themself(ves) to kill a child and that is why she was taken? Just my thoughts.

I don't think the perp(s) were "hanging around" for 20 minutes. It seems to me that they were NOT prepared to do what they were doing--that it was harder than they thought & they lost control of the situation. Maybe this points to younger offenders?

Not posting but I should be rich by how many times I have won $1000. The pop ups on this site are crazy!
They are what's called " Browser Hijackers" and I am trying to fix the problem on my phone right now.Its happening to me every few minutes. They target sites you use frequently. You can get directions on line on how to do it. It just gets worse and can cause a virus.

So why not say Aunt? I watch my Grandson. I am not a caretaker, I’m His Grandmother.
If they saw this thread, I'm sure they'd wish they had been more clear. There's been an unbelievable amount of energy put in to clearing up the meaning of this word. Personally, I'd be very surprised if the caretaker situation matters to this case.

I wonder if someone has mentioned one or more people who had problems with them recently, and they're waiting to see who doesn't admit to anything. If I had a misunderstanding with a couple who was later murdered and LE asked to talk to anyone who had, I'd make sure I talked to them about it as soon as possible to get my side of things heard - unless, of course, I had murdered them. MOO

Good thinking! But would LE NEED to wait to see who doesn't mention a specific misunderstanding with the Closs family?

If a tip comes in that (speculation) Joe and Bob had an argument with the Closs family about XYZ, couldn't they just go ahead and look into Joe and Bob to see if they can either rule them out or need to investigate further?

Time is of the essence since a child was abducted....why waste time waiting to see if Joe, Bob or both call the tipline or come in to discuss the misunderstanding with the Closses?

*Above names are just random examples, FYI

I agree. I can't recall whether I posted it here or elsewhere, but I did mention the possibility that Jayme could have been troubled before this happened and the person who did this thought they were making things better for her.

Clue me in. I am curious as to why you think she was troubled? I have missed any indications that she was anything other than a quiet, sweet, normal 13 year old girl who loved dance and cross country.

Yes, usually child predators purposely avoid any confrontation with an adult or parent. To murder both parents in order to take the child is very unusual. To act in such an agressive way, kicking the door in and shooting both parents, seems more like rage or drug fueled behavior. Jmo
That’s what I can’t get my mind around! Why the rage and violence? There had to be an easier way to get too her, if she was the target!

Meaningless Speculation/thinking:
Did the perp exit the same way they entered? I wonder the positioning of the father in the doorway? Did perp, with Jayme in tow, exit the front door in a hurry, navigating around the father's body while still keeping control of Jayme?
That's not meaningless, imo. It's a good question.

If they left by the front door, they likely had to step in blood, which gives me hope there is a footprint.

It also makes me wonder where the perp's vehicle was. In the driveway? Parked somewhere behind the house that required a walk through the woods and field??

jmo

This is such a baffling case. I think , or it seems, that the purpose was to abduct the child. But why not just break in quietly and take her. Or grab her on her way to school or something?

Why come in raging at the front door, shooting and kicking it in? That seems like someone who was suddenly angered, enraged, and impulsively attacks the home.

I don't get it....

I'm running way behind again so this has probably already been addressed.

Katy you know we seem to ask these same kind of questions in so many other cases. We want to apply reasonableness and logic to illogical acts.

It always seems to be a question of 'but why would they do it this way and not do it this way instead?'

I use to ask the same things over and over again myself. Through the years I have learned to accept that all of those questions just aren't answerable.

I have come to the conclusion we will never have answers as to why suspects do the things the way they do in the manner each one carries out their evil acts against their victims.

I do feel in some cases murdering innocent others in order to get what they want may be just as important to them as taking victims against their will. Maybe the boldness and risks are part of the thrill.
IDK but in some of these cases taking high risks including murdering others in the manner they carry them out and how seems part of the mindset of those who do crimes this horrid.

What may make sense to us or doesnt make any sense at all shouldn't ever be applied to the minds of suspects who do want to carry their heinous acts exactly as they did..

We will never understand these type of human beings. We do not have the same mindset they have so we as logical thinking individuals are not meant to understand.

I stopped trying to apply logic years ago to these type of killers..

All I know is they do it exactly how they want to do it and unfortunately will continue to do so whether any of it ever makes any sense to us or not.

Imo

Last edited:
I think our energy needs to be focused on the question, what does Jayme have to do with it? In my opinion, she was clearly the target. The only scenario I can think of is,
Someone felt she was in some kind of harm and needed to “save” her.

If it was some kind of revenge and she was being abducted to hurt the parents, they would have kept them alive to make them suffer the idea of her being missing.

What else can we come up with along these lines?

I'm leaning towards someone(s) known to the family whether long term or recently.
With all due respect to LE... I wish they'd release a bit more information, if they honestly haven't a clue right now. Scary to think this could go cold !
But hopefully they have more than we know and it's none of our business , atm.

Btw -- WELCOME to the new members !!!

I think our energy needs to be focused on the question, what does Jayme have to do with it? In my opinion, she was clearly the target. The only scenario I can think of is,

If it was some kind of revenge and she was being abducted to hurt the parents, they would have kept them alive to make them suffer the idea of her being missing.

Well, another reason would be someone wanted her for sexual reasons.

:(

Edited to add: JMO. This is speculation, not fact. Just brainstorming ideas.

So why not say Aunt? I watch my Grandson. I am not a caretaker, I’m His Grandmother.

Good question. My guess off the top of my head is that they were trying to shield family members from the media at that time. Probably giving out as little identifiable info as possible to maintain the integrity of the investigation. Other that that, I have no idea.

Random things that stood out to me today...

“FBI, has been careful to avoid suggesting Jayme was kidnapped.”

“But the sheriff said he has a "100% expectation that she's alive."

And saw that mom was found in the bathroom in attempt to barricade herself and that she could not have made the phone call.

Also they are going to release the 911 transcript tonight ?

Sorry no links
Sorry if repeat info...

First post here, hope I don't do anything wrong. In regards to the 911 dispatch log, I have been trying to figure out why they faxed press release specifically to Ontonagon County in the UP. Its about 200 miles north of Barron County and is not a county bordering the WI/MI state line. Just seemed odd to me that they specified faxing a press release to that particular (very rural, rather distant) county. I didnt see any other cities or counties mentioned in the dispatch log which were outside of the state of WI but maybe I missed it.

[117 - 10/15/2018 12:13:39] FAXED PRESS RELEASE AND INFORMATION TO ONTONAGON COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPT, ADV 308 WOULD BE CONTACT PERSON FOR BNSO.

Agreed.
And in the thread before this one... it was mentioned that LE are wanting people to come forward who knew the family and specifically what interactions/discussions there might have been.
That seems important to LE, and thus to this thread as well !

Why don’t they look at some of the many registered sex offenders in that town? Some of them non compliant and within walking distance. They could be knocking on doors without calling first, and just making a ‘social call’ sort of friendly while their partner listens and ‘uses the bathroom real quick’ type of thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361