Welcome To Websleuths # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
@zencompass

Hello! I don't know what made me visit this particular thread but I am really glad I did lol. I only just mentioned the need for a "Chat room" in another thread a couple of days ago, so naturally, I'm going to hang about to find out the answers to your questions! :D Thanks for making enquiries! :D
Hi,
About the chat room. We used to have an unoffical chat room but if I remember correctly it was taken over by people who were not Websleuths friendly. I'm not even sure if it is still around.

We do not have a chat room at this time. Maybe later but for the moment we do not have a chat room.

Sorry for the very long answer to a short and simple question.

Tricia

This keeps happening again. 3 times in the last 5 minutes. Using iPhone SE with Safari @Tricia @WS Admin

Attachments

• B91F885A-3882-47FE-BB59-2C7DF810DCCC.png
    B91F885A-3882-47FE-BB59-2C7DF810DCCC.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 44
@Tricia or any other mod who can help. I have sent a PM (conversation to Tricia, and also as a reply to an alert for a post I had deleted because I was not clear on what is allowed from FB or twitter). I have bit received a response from either.

So many threads have links or copy/paste from these two sites for media or law enforcement pages. In a missing person thread, I wondered if it was allowed, but it did get deleted. However, others have posted the same link and added copy/paste and they remain.

Can you once again clarify what is allowed regarding FB or twitter? I understand we cannot copy/paste from personal accounts. My question is for MSM and law enforcement (specifically State Police spokespeson/Trooper)

Thanks

I have reported this to Dave.
The more information the better.
What you are using? Laptop? Desktop? Phone? iPad?
What search engine are you using? Safari, Google Chrome...?

I am unable to replicate this issue. Based on the information Tricia has provided me It seems to be an apple issue.

Just an update - I updated to the 12.01, the latest update, and the problems of getting kicked off the page and having to sign in every time went away. Hallelujah!

Perhaps it’s just a fluke for a few days, but it certainly is nice.

Problem now — only about one third of the page comes up. It takes a good while for more of the page to appear. Anyone else having this problem?

By the way, I am on iPad Air and use Safari.

I have reported this to Dave.
The more information the better.
What you are using? Laptop? Desktop? Phone? iPad?
What search engine are you using? Safari, Google Chrome...?
Sorry, I had included all of that when I initially reported it but apparently didn’t that last time. I’m on an iPhone SE using Safari. This is the only website affected.

@Tricia or any other mod who can help. I have sent a PM (conversation to Tricia, and also as a reply to an alert for a post I had deleted because I was not clear on what is allowed from FB or twitter). I have bit received a response from either.

So many threads have links or copy/paste from these two sites for media or law enforcement pages. In a missing person thread, I wondered if it was allowed, but it did get deleted. However, others have posted the same link and added copy/paste and they remain.

Can you once again clarify what is allowed regarding FB or twitter? I understand we cannot copy/paste from personal accounts. My question is for MSM and law enforcement (specifically State Police spokespeson/Trooper)

Thanks
Hi Spellbound, please take a look at the section on Social Media here and you can PM me if that doesn't answer your questions. Thanks :)

Good morning. I was wondering if the Daniella Vian thread will reopen any time soon? I know there was some clean up to do and that you guys are super busy but it’s been a few days since it was pulled for clean up :(

I’ve been wondering this also. I see Daniella’s mother has joined WS and we don’t have a thread for her. I hope it can reopen soon.

I am on an iPhone and using Google Chrome and I've been having issues since WS moved to the new site. Often when on the site my phone gets really hot and the page blacks out as I scroll and I have to wait for it to load little by little with every scroll (pic attached). If I try typing the keyboard responds incredibly slowly making it very difficult (I've had to type this elsewhere and copy it over). As soon as I exit WS my phone goes back to normal. I experience this issue on both my iPhones. Is anyone else having this issue or is there a known fix? I can't scroll back through these threads to check as the loading/scrolling issues means it would take days.

Attachments

• IMG_2095.PNG
    IMG_2095.PNG
    293.5 KB · Views: 12
I am unable to replicate this issue. Based on the information Tricia has provided me It seems to be an apple issue.
If you are talking about the "this page had to reload because a problem occurred," I get that a fair amount on my iPhone, using Safari. But I get it on a lot of websites, not just WS. Hope that helps.

I am on an iPhone and using Google Chrome and I've been having issues since WS moved to the new site. Often when on the site my phone gets really hot and the page blacks out as I scroll and I have to wait for it to load little by little with every scroll (pic attached). If I try typing the keyboard responds incredibly slowly making it very difficult (I've had to type this elsewhere and copy it over). As soon as I exit WS my phone goes back to normal. I experience this issue on both my iPhones. Is anyone else having this issue or is there a known fix? I can't scroll back through these threads to check as the loading/scrolling issues means it would take days.
I get that on my iPad, but not my iPhone, but I get it on all websites I visit, not just WS. I thought it was just because I have a really old iPad. :D But my husband looked into it for me (google) and he found some suggestions. He read that I (he) should clear out cache, or cookies, or something, and restarted Safari, but it still happens. It happens to me in Chrome also (iPad); I thought it was Safari related and started using Chrome instead and still experience it. I never have that problem on my iPhone.

I haven't had that happen in a long time (page loads slowly, in stages), but always when I start having issues I do clear all cookies and restart (hold Home and Power until I see the Apple icon) my iPad and it seems to go away . You have to re-login, but at least it works better until you clog it up again. And I always reset everything this same way the last thing at night.

Nervous Nellie, try resetting your iPad like I described above, not Safari. That might work.

@WS Admin I use a PC and can upload files when I'm on a thread, however I'm unable to upload a file in a conversation. I want to send someone something I've saved to my PC. This problem seems to be unique to PC users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288