Reaction score
AOwens.jpg

Albert Owens
Missing since November 21, 1996 from New York City, New York
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: June 24, 1924
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 72 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'4"; 180 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Grey hair; brown eyes.
    • Tattoos:
    • Tattoo on Right arm with U.S.N.
    • Tattoo on Left arm with Katie and O.C.T. 43.
    • Clothing: Black hat, hunter green coat, black pants, black shoes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Owens was last seen in the confines of the 23nd Precinct in New York City on November 21, 1996.

The Doe Network: Case File 162DMNY

He must of been in the Navy with the U.S.N Tattoo and I am assuming Katie Oct 43 would maybe be a daughter. Or Name of Mother and years she passed or Name of wife.....
Oh where do all these missing older people in Manhattan disappear to?

on Namus he is Missing November 20, 1996

The 20th was a Wed and the 21st was a Thursday.. Thanksgiving was exactly a week later on the 28th. There would of been so many people in the city at this time of year.. and he was a rather tall man..someone must of seen him?

Missing Person Case

Missing Person / NamUs #MP10314 Albert Owens, Male, White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact November 20, 1996
Missing From Manhattan, New York
Missing Age 72 Years

• Case
  • Images & Documents
  • Contacts

I know that bodies that go into the River in the winter months don't pop up until April or May.. Depending on how warm the temperature is which warms the water up. This happens pretty much every year here..With that in mind I have been searching for Albert and came across these remains that popped out in the Hudson River in May of 1997. Thought maybe.

Case #6812
View on NamUs
Date found May 31, 1997
Age 20 to 60 years old
Sex Male
Race White
Ethnicity Unsure

Circumstances
Unknown white male found floating in Hudson River near Pier 25 (North Moore St and West Side Hwy).

Location Found
Address 1 Hudson River
Address 2 Pier 25
City New York
County New York
State New York

Body condition Not recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues
Post-mortem interval Not specified
Estimated age Adult
Weight 180 lbs
Height 74 inches
Hair color Unknown or Completely Bald

Left eye color Unknown or Missing
Right eye color Unknown or Missing
Clothing on body navy swim trunks, black leather belt, t-shirt

He must of been in the Navy with the U.S.N Tattoo and I am assuming Katie Oct 43 would maybe be a daughter. Or Name of Mother and years she passed or Name of wife.....
Oh where do all these missing older people in Manhattan disappear to?

I wonder if O.C.T. 43 was written with or without dots and if Katie was a separate tattoo or did the two noted tattoos belong together. It's hard to tell without seeing the actual tattoos.

(14) October 43 is associated with the "black Thursday" bombing. Second Raid on Schweinfurt - Wikipedia

The second Schweinfurt raid[9] was a World War II air battle that took place 14 October 1943, over Nazi Germany between forces of the United States 8th Air Force and German Luftwaffe's fighter arm (Jagdwaffe).

My guess is that Owens was with the US Navy....the tattoo is probably not associated with this air battle.

AOwens.jpg

Albert Owens
Missing since November 21, 1996 from New York City, New York
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: June 24, 1924
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 72 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'4"; 180 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Grey hair; brown eyes.
    • Tattoos:
    • Tattoo on Right arm with U.S.N.
    • Tattoo on Left arm with Katie and O.C.T. 43.
    • Clothing: Black hat, hunter green coat, black pants, black shoes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Owens was last seen in the confines of the 23nd Precinct in New York City on November 21, 1996.

The Doe Network: Case File 162DMNY

Maybe he collapsed, was taken to a hospital, died and nobody claimed him or they couldn't find next of kin, buried him in a paupers grave. I also wonder who reported him missing.

Last edited:
I wonder if O.C.T. 43 was written with or without dots and if Katie was a separate tattoo or did the two noted tattoos belong together. It's hard to tell without seeing the actual tattoos.

(14) October 43 is associated with the "black Thursday" bombing. Second Raid on Schweinfurt - Wikipedia

The second Schweinfurt raid[9] was a World War II air battle that took place 14 October 1943, over Nazi Germany between forces of the United States 8th Air Force and German Luftwaffe's fighter arm (Jagdwaffe).

My guess is that Owens was with the US Navy....the tattoo is probably not associated with this air battle.

Yes I is they had the actual photos of the tattoos.
Oh that is interesting on the Black Thursday. I had not even thought of it as a separate Tattoo from Katie. Good thought.
And yes your right he could of ended at a hospital and died and they found no family but as you said someone had to have reported him missing. Unless they reported him missing and the info did not reach all the hospitals until after he was considered an unkown. What is the timeframe in which they hold a body at a hospital to find family?

Yes I is they had the actual photos of the tattoos.
Oh that is interesting on the Black Thursday. I had not even thought of it as a separate Tattoo from Katie. Good thought.
And yes your right he could of ended at a hospital and died and they found no family but as you said someone had to have reported him missing. Unless they reported him missing and the info did not reach all the hospitals until after he was considered an unkown. What is the timeframe in which they hold a body at a hospital to find family?

Checking: In all the reports they mention tattoo with Katie and Oct 43 and not tattoos, so it's probably one tattoo. Still not sure.

Checking: In all the reports they mention tattoo with Katie and Oct 43 and not tattoos, so it's probably one tattoo. Still not sure.
Yes its always hard to tell.. without actually looking at the actual tattoo.. and I am sure the reports are just copied from one another... again its frustrating!!!!

Bumping for Owens..
Maybe he collapsed, was taken to a hospital, died and nobody claimed him or they couldn't find next of kin, buried him in a paupers grave. I also wonder who reported him missing.

With all that is going on with coronavirus these days here in nyc.. made me think about your theory . He died at a hospital and ended up on Harts Island.

Bumping for Owens..

With all that is going on with coronavirus these days here in nyc.. made me think about your theory . He died at a hospital and ended up on Harts Island.

That's what I'm thinking too. It's hard to find the unidentified/NN plots on Harts Island. You would think there is some form of registration with burial dates, but I couldn't find it. There is this HartsIsland project (I think mostly AIDs related, but you can also search in a more general way) but there I could find only named persons and a lot with the surname Owens, but he was not amongst them. Stay safe @madamx

If still alive Mr. Owens would be 97 now. Albert Owens – The Charley Project

I found this on family search. Same DOB. I'm confused about the residence date (2009) Is there somebody who could explain this record?

Naam Albert L Owens
Vorige woonplaats
Manhattan, New York 10029
Previous Residence Postal Code
Residence Date
1 Jan 2009
Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
Geboortedatum
24 Jun 1924
ID-nummer huishouden

Last edited:
If still alive Mr. Owens would be 97 now. Albert Owens – The Charley Project

I found this on family search. Same DOB. I'm confused about the residence date (2009) Is there somebody who could explain this record?

Naam Albert L Owens
Vorige woonplaats
Manhattan, New York 10029
Previous Residence Postal Code
Residence Date
1 Jan 2009
Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
Geboortedatum
24 Jun 1924
ID-nummer huishouden
That is really odd residence date as of 2009 but he went missing in 1996. Unless he was found and never taken off of Namus.. is that possible?

He lived and went missing from zip code 10029 which is also the 23rd precinct . See images below. See map it’s Aldo not far from Harlem River

Attachments

• A3E90B1C-69D7-4C61-A202-93D96C49DD55.jpeg
    A3E90B1C-69D7-4C61-A202-93D96C49DD55.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 02A136BE-5606-4814-959F-8685F0D74F0B.jpeg
    02A136BE-5606-4814-959F-8685F0D74F0B.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 3

An interesting angle. I understood that the remains of the victims were all kind of "easy" found. Rogers was finally apprehended in May 2001, so time wise it could be possible, but this would assume a. that Owens visited gay bars and/or b. that Rogers changed his MO after the last known murder in 1993, because Owens was never found.

That is really odd residence date as of 2009 but he went missing in 1996. Unless he was found and never taken off of Namus.. is that possible?

Could it be this was the year he was declared deceased?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteRaven
Back