AZ - Jerry, 62, & Susan McFalls, 62, homicide, Littlefield, 11 Jan 2018 *reward*

Are remains found near Utah-Arizona border missing Utah couple?

“He wouldn’t give me a whole lot of details as to a specific location where at,” Meridee McFalls told the Deseret News. “They were unsure at the time whether they were male or female.”

The remains were taken to "the FBI crime lab," according to a statement from the Mohave County Sheriff's Office, though it did not say in what state. FBI investigators and sheriff's deputies combed through the area for evidence for four days before announcing their discovery, according to the statement. The sheriff's office did not say who found the remains.

BBM - that's good news.

Or a pickup truck, for someone familiar with the old road/s. When I think of someone having to "disappear" 2 adults who are not small people, wouldn't you choose a place that's not too far from home, but hopefully far enough?

Yes! Especially if I weren't sure how long I had until an alarm was raised about the missing adults.

Yes! Especially if I weren't sure how long I had until an alarm was raised about the missing adults.
From browsing some photos online of the Virgin River Gorge area, it looks as if there are places where a vehicle could pull off, or go onto other access and dirt roads, here and there. I'm sure there are also a number of unpaved desert roads leading from Littlefield to the gorge area, too,

“He wouldn’t give me a whole lot of details as to a specific location where at,” Meridee McFalls told the Deseret News. “They were unsure at the time whether they were male or female.”

The remains were taken to "the FBI crime lab," according to a statement from the Mohave County Sheriff's Office, though it did not say in what state. FBI investigators and sheriff's deputies combed through the area for evidence for four days before announcing their discovery, according to the statement. The sheriff's office did not say who found the remains.

BBM - that's good news.

This has to be them. MOO. Hopeful for clear answers and swift justice.

Video at link.

Authorities continue to investigate human remains found in NW Arizona
The family of a missing Arizona couple says their remains may have been found nearby after the Mohave County Sheriff’s Office located human remains in the desert near the Virgin River Gorge.
"Honestly, I'm pretty sure that, it's going to be found that it's them, there are not two other people missing in the area," said relative Meridee McFalls.
The remains and other evidence has been sent to an FBI crime lab, according to officials close to the situation.

I too hope that justice is swift and that the time LE had to sweep the area results in useable evidence.

I also hope that the family can be shown soon where Jerry and Susan were found without jeopardizing evidence. I would want to know.

upload_2018-10-22_4-13-19.png
Google Maps

"The remains were taken to "the FBI crime lab," according to a statement from the Mohave County Sheriff's Office, though it did not say in what state. FBI investigators and sheriff's deputies combed through the area for evidence for four days before announcing their discovery, according to the statement. The sheriff's office did not say who found the remains."

I can't imagine what their family is going through. Sadly, they knew all along that the ending wouldn't be a positive one. I pray there is enough evidence that justice will be served to the monster(s) that did this to Susan and Jerry. This family deserves an answer, even if this is them (and it appears to be), it's far better to know what happened than not know for years. Absolute torture for loved ones and friends.

Were the FBI involved before the remains were found? I don't recall that. Hopefully, since they are involved, the identification will be faster and the family will get some answers.

I believe early on in the investigation of the Mcfalls disappearance local LE transferred some evidence to a FBI crime lab but the FBI was not a partner in the investigation.

I have not seen any updates on the remains found in the Virgin River Gorge. I hope the remains can be identified by the end of week and assuming they are the Mcfalls the family can get some closure and the investigation can move on.

Interesting that they spent 4 days scouring this area. Do we think they got a tip or perhaps information from cell phone records of a POI? Seems like a long time to be in one spot for no reason other than to search.

Hmmmmmmmm

I have not seen any updates on the remains found in the Virgin River Gorge. I hope the remains can be identified by the end of week and assuming they are the Mcfalls the family can get some closure and the investigation can move on.

Susan has been identified as one of the sets of remains. The other set has not been identified yet.

The remains are of 63-year-old Susan Marie McFalls from Littlefield, Arizona, MCSO said on Thursday. The Medical Examiner's Office was able to identify the remains using medical records and a medical device she had.

The remains were found on Oct. 18
near the Virgin River Gorge in the Arizona Strip area.

There was another body found in the same area but it has not been identified yet, MCSO said. The remains were forwarded to the FBI crime lab for scientific examination.

MCSO: Human remains identified in northwestern Arizona

Susan has been identified as one of the sets of remains. The other set has not been identified yet.

The remains are of 63-year-old Susan Marie McFalls from Littlefield, Arizona, MCSO said on Thursday. The Medical Examiner's Office was able to identify the remains using medical records and a medical device she had.

The remains were found on Oct. 18
near the Virgin River Gorge in the Arizona Strip area.

There was another body found in the same area but it has not been identified yet, MCSO said. The remains were forwarded to the FBI crime lab for scientific examination.

MCSO: Human remains identified in northwestern Arizona

We found her and possibly him, now let's get the SOB(s) responsible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back