GUILTY CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, died, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #3

The only burglary in which he was known to have the rifle is the one at Malibu Valley Farms (an equestrian center) on 6 October. LASD has said he did not have the rifle at the community center incident.

That doesn't make much difference to me. That's the only one in which they have surveillance of him creeching around with a firearm. That doesn't mean he hasn't done it before.

But who cares? This guy took a rifle and wore ninja clothes to a burglary. In the middle of the night. All the burglaries occurred in the same time range as the shootings.

Creepy as hell.

Many burglaries occur during the day when people are working. That's the preferred time.

This man, carrying a firearm, burgled at night. All dressed in black. During the same timeframe as the shootings.

In the same area.

We know this "harmless homeless guy" possesses firearms. And believes in bizarre, paranoid conspiracy theories.

Using the deductive reasoning skills I honed in law school, I find all of that significant.

Last edited:
That doesn't make much difference to me. That's the only one in which they have surveillance of him creeching around with a firearm. That doesn't mean he hasn't done it before.

But who cares?

I do. I care about evidence.

Also, if you're breaking into offices like at Malibu Valley Farms or a building like the community center, the preferred time for those burglaries would be at night when they're closed.

The only burglary in which he was known to have the rifle is the one at Malibu Valley Farms (an equestrian center) on 6 October. LASD has said he did not have the rifle at the community center incident.

@passepartout did they find ALL the tactical gear that the suspect wore in the video & identify that it was Rauda at the Malibu Valley Farms On 6 October?

I do. I care about evidence.

Also, if you're breaking into offices like at Malibu Valley Farms or a building like the community center, the preferred time for those burglaries would be at night when they're closed.

You edited my post (omitting most of it) which changed the meaning to suit your narrative.

The balance of my post explains why, despite your minimizations, this suspect is a viable one.

IMO.

@passepartout did they find ALL the tactical gear that the suspect wore in the video & identify that it was Rauda at the Malibu Valley Farms On 6 October?

I don't know.

There's also the not-small matter of the shotgun, which was the type of weapon used in the MT and JR shootings.

If you look at LASD inmate records (site is here), you'll see that as of now, AR's case is related to parole violations. There are no weapons or other charges at this time. Next hearing is 1 Nov.

Mainstream media will not give you the truth
RSBM

Thank you for signing up and stating your views directly, insteading of implying them through punctuation marks.

I don't believe there is any such thing as 'truth' in an ongoing criminal investigation, because

1. Only the criminal knows the truth and they're not telling.

2. LE have limited information. I don't consider this a fault, they just don't possess super-powers of omniscience. In spite of spending vast resources on cases, many, many crimes go unsolved. I could mention the Annecy alps murders, as just one example, similar to this crime.

3. LE deliberately conceal information. This is necessary in order to capture criminals. If they revealed everything they know and believe to the media, the criminals would learn exactly how to escape detection, as well as conviction once they were caught.

In terms of mainstream media, I believe most outlets are pretty committed to assisting rather than hindering criminal investigations. As well, they understand the value of being a trusted source of public information, and what that really means. A trusted source doesn't spread false rumours, jump to conclusions, or allow their personal bias to slant their news coverage.

I think the full story of a crime can only be written after the investigation and conviction. While that is ongoing, we can only speculate, and admit that we just don't know the truth.

I don't know.

There's also the not-small matter of the shotgun, which was the type of weapon used in the MT and JR shootings.

If you look at LASD inmate records (site is here), you'll see that as of now, AR's case is related to parole violations. There are no weapons or other charges at this time. Next hearing is 1 Nov.

His family has stated repeatedly to all who will listen, that he is mentally ill and retreated from society on his own:

Stepfather of man killed while camping at Malibu Creek State Park speaks out

I worked for an international Company and traveled all over the world for business. At one point I spent months on an assignment in Rome, yet stayed in a sleepy fishing village nearby. There was a similar situation where a mentally ill man lived outside of society, got his food from the discards of the nearby resorts, and carried a rifle. Yet he had no ammunition and this rifle was in no way shape or form capable of shooting. He carried it due to the bullying & harassment he would receive from other transients. The entire fishing village knew him, not so much Roman tourists. One night, walking back to my rooms, I came upon an American family yelling at the man removing food from their resort’s trash (why, I have no idea) and him picking up his rifle. Quite chaotic. I stepped in and translated to transient and spoke to American family.

I wonder if a similar situation is going on here. A ballistics match should have already been found by now, this is a highly publicized case. And if it was found, Rauda would have already been charged with murder. And if LE did find any of the tactical gear as seen on the CCTV that strengthens their case for the burgs.

And if LE did find any of the tactical gear as seen on the CCTV that strengthens their case for the burgs.

I think I've mentioned this before but the community center is about 3 miles from the park entrance. Malibu Valley Farms is about 3 miles from the community center (in a different direction). This is a lot of trudging over either difficult terrain or - if you take the streets - roads with loooong steady uphills. And you'd be walking on the shoulder of the road (when available) and would be seen by passing traffic.

As I've mentioned before, these roads are a commuter route between the 101 and PCH. There aren't many pedestrians (there are none usually) so someone walking would be noticed and someone walking with a rifle would really be noticed.

Because there aren't a lot of roads around there and because you take Las Virgenes Road to the Lost Hills LASD station, the sheriff's patrol cars would likely be passing you if you were walking along Las Virgenes at night.

If one is living in the park (and I know this happens, not sure if I explained about the marijuana cultivators which I've discussed first-hand with LE in the area - if anyone wants to know how it works, I'll explain), there are much closer sources of burgled food than to walk 3 miles to the building next to the LASD station.

Also - and I've posted about this before - these burglaries are not the only burglaries in the area during this time frame. There are a number of others, some forced entry, some unforced. These incidents happen at varying hours. There are numerous car break-ins along Mulholland. Etc. We just don't know what makes this particular series of break-ins attributable (possibly) to AR.

His family has stated repeatedly to all who will listen, that he is mentally ill and retreated from society on his own:

I worked for an international Company and traveled all over the world for business. At one point I spent months on an assignment in Rome, yet stayed in a sleepy fishing village nearby. There was a similar situation where a mentally ill man lived outside of society, got his food from the discards of the nearby resorts, and carried a rifle. Yet he had no ammunition and this rifle was in no way shape or form capable of shooting. He carried it due to the bullying & harassment he would receive from other transients. The entire fishing village knew him, not so much Roman tourists. One night, walking back to my rooms, I came upon an American family yelling at the man removing food from their resort’s trash (why, I have no idea) and him picking up his rifle. Quite chaotic. I stepped in and translated to transient and spoke to American family.

I wonder if a similar situation is going on here. A ballistics match should have already been found by now, this is a highly publicized case. And if it was found, Rauda would have already been charged with murder. And if LE did find any of the tactical gear as seen on the CCTV that strengthens their case for the burgs.

I agree, there are some homeless loners who are not violent. The well known Maine hermit is one.

Rauda, however, has a criminal record. He was imprisoned at one point for assault. But in particular, he's served long periods in state prison for illegally, as a felon, possessing weapons.

Name of Suspected Armed Burglar Wanted for Questioning in Camper's Slaying Known for Months

Why on earth does he continue to carry a weapon and commit criminal acts like burglary, when he knows he will be sent to prison for even longer, each time he does it?

Who knows, maybe he likes being in prison. Maybe he likes taunting police on CCTV. But they can't just say he's harmless and ignore him: That would be very negligent policing.

ETA: if I were police, I'd be trying to trace where and when he got the rifle and how he paid for it. For example, perhaps he traded a shotgun for it.

Last edited:
Actually I was replying to the part of your post that was in reply to my post!

Deepest apologies for inadvertently causing you to feel 'minimized'. :)

Nope. I didn't feel minimized. I'm not sure why that word was in quotes when I never used it in context of my personal feelings.

Instead, I felt your post edited mine in order to change the meaning, which I really don't like.

The entire post was a reply to your post. Not the small section you included while deleting the rest.

I agree, there are some homeless loners who are not violent. The well known Maine hermit is one.

Rauda, however, has a criminal record. He was imprisoned at one point for assault. But in particular, he's served long periods in state prison for illegally, as a felon, possessing weapons.

Name of Suspected Armed Burglar Wanted for Questioning in Camper's Slaying Known for Months

Why on earth does he continue to carry a weapon and commit criminal acts like burglary, when he knows he will be sent to prison for even longer, each time he does it?

Who knows, maybe he likes being in prison. Maybe he likes taunting police on CCTV. But they can't just say he's harmless and ignore him: That would be very negligent policing.

ETA: if I were police, I'd be trying to trace where and when he got the rifle and how he paid for it. For example, perhaps he traded a shotgun for it.

Absolutely 100% correct that LE cannot ignore him and LE has to look into Rauda’s movements & whereabouts. And especially investigate all of Rauda’s stashes. For me, it’s the semantics that are bothering me (survivalist) as well as the lack of the presumption of innocence from the get go on TB’s murder by Rauda...IMHO it just plain feels wrong.

It is not true that if ballistics matched he would be instantly charged with murder.

The moment a person is charged with murder the speedy trial time clock starts. He's safely in jail on a probation violation so they have time. A delay in charging while a case is being built is common when the suspect is in jail.

Matching ballistics is one part of building the case. Determining who had access to the firearm and where they were at the time of the shootings is also part of it.

That being said, it is indeed very possible that the ballistics on the gun he was carrying don't match and so they're looking to see if this guy, who has a criminal history of weapons violations and burglaries, had other weapons.

I would think, in fact, that had he committed murder, he would not continue to carry around the same weapon he used to kill someone with. I would think he'd at least try to discard it. So the chances of a match are probably not high.

But you know I can only imagine what people would say if LE didn't thoroughly investigate a criminal with a history of burgrlary and weapons violation convictions and mental illness, living illegally in a state park in the area of a murder and random shootings, roaming around in black during times of the various shootings, burglarizing buildings, at least one of those times, armed.

I think he's a great suspect for the TB killing and other shootings.

Does that mean he's guilty? No. LE said they don't know if he's a suspect. And the shootings could've been by various people. And the burglaries may be unrelated to the shootings.

But OF COURSE they have to intensively investigate this guy and rule him in or out. And of course they have to let a scared public know what they're doing.

To do otherwise would be negligent.

Absolutely 100% correct that LE cannot ignore him and LE has to look into Rauda’s movements & whereabouts. And especially investigate all of Rauda’s stashes. For me, it’s the semantics that are bothering me (survivalist) as well as the lack of the presumption of innocence from the get go on TB’s murder by Rauda...IMHO it just plain feels wrong.

I don't see that LE has a lack of presumption of innocence when it comes to this guy at all. They stated clearly they don't know if he's a suspect and the shootings could've been various people.

Announcing the arrest of such a viable candidate was important, however. But nothing indicates they've determined he's guilty.

In fact, I've seen no one presume he's guilty.

Saying he's a good suspect is not a presumption of guilt. It's just saying that he's a good suspect.

Questions persist after high-profile arrest near Malibu Creek (the Acorn)

The man recorded breaking into Malibu Valley Farms was reported to be wearing “tactical gear.” The vagueness of the term has led some to the conclusion that the culprit had on a bulletproof vest and other combat clothing.

Eddie Hernandez, captain of the major crimes bureau, said Rauda wasn’t found in possession of a bulletproof vest, helmet or any other military-style equipment. He was
wearing a black nylon vest at the time of his arrest.

@OnYourLeft, I think that's an answer to your question.

Questions persist after high-profile arrest near Malibu Creek (the Acorn)

The man recorded breaking into Malibu Valley Farms was reported to be wearing “tactical gear.” The vagueness of the term has led some to the conclusion that the culprit had on a bulletproof vest and other combat clothing.

Eddie Hernandez, captain of the major crimes bureau, said Rauda wasn’t found in possession of a bulletproof vest, helmet or any other military-style equipment. He was
wearing a black nylon vest at the time of his arrest.

@OnYourLeft, I think that's an answer to your question.

Thank you, @passepartout, yet I was speaking more to the items the CCTV captured the burglar wearing:

Attachments

• 3E4DA2D8-6018-4604-8553-07A12A0FFFC6.png
    3E4DA2D8-6018-4604-8553-07A12A0FFFC6.png
    185.5 KB · Views: 17
BBM I'm sorry, but I'm confused by your post.

After acknowledging that LE has a right to investigate AR, you say you are bothered by the "lack of the presumption of innocence from the get go on TB's murder by Rauda" and say that it feels wrong. Are you suggesting LE was wrong to arrest AR for unrelated violations of the law while investigating his possible involvement in TB's murder?

LE have a right to take a POI into custody to interrogate him about a crime. They have the right to arrest a POI on valid charges and investigate his potential involvement in another crime while he's incarcerated.

The public also has the right to discuss AR's possible involvement in TB's murder and form opinions. The presumption of innocence pertains to the legal process (court system).

BBM I'm sorry, but I'm confused by your post.

After acknowledging that LE has a right to investigate AR, you say you are bothered by the "lack of the presumption of innocence from the get go on TB's murder by Rauda" and say that it feels wrong. Are you suggesting LE was wrong to arrest AR for unrelated violations of the law while investigating his possible involvement in TB's murder?

LE have a right to take a POI into custody to interrogate him about a crime. They have the right to arrest a POI on valid charges and investigate his potential involvement in another crime while he's incarcerated.

The public also has the right to discuss AR's possible involvement in TB's murder and form opinions. The presumption of innocence pertains to the legal process (court system).

Welcome to WS! I never said there was a problem with LE. It was not LE that the sentence was pertaining to. Did you know that TB’s family has joined WS to chat with us here and answer questions and read the threads? It has been incredibly generous of them to do so while they are grieving.

The public, of course, does have the right to say whatever they would like about AR’s possible involvement in TB’s murder and form opinions. Certainly we have seen journalists say many things about TB’s murder, even repeat that he had been shot in the torso, after the Coroner stated he had been shot in the head. Their own exposition in disguise of MSM articles has driven many of us crazy. However, this isn’t the public, nor is this MSM, this is WebSleuths. We need to be better than that. Do not arbitrarily state AR is “guilty as hell” for TB’s murder just because he has been arrested for armed burglary of food before any other evidentiary information is released. Or tell everyone why you think so and provide a link.

When you have lost a loved one and are looking for answers, everyone’s help is appreciated more than you know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back