Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All. I have not been on this site for a month or so but have always been following this case from not too afar. My opinion was formed early on of what happened to Michael Chambers and nothing has changed from then to now. I believe this crime happened closer to home than the 10% of sleuthers think but I think the other 90% have a strong and smart conclusion of what happened. So does LE. It may take 1-2 years before this gets solved but sometimes the "quietness" is very good. Pawpaw seems like a very good bloke and I would have loved to have had a beer or whisky with him. Cheers fingers crossed they get the mongrels, more than 1 person was involved in making MC disappear "without a trace".
Mine to. Let's hope the truth comes to light and Papaw comes home.

In the disappearance of Thomas Brown out of Canadian, TX, I believe Klein was first to confirm that the Texas Attorney General agreed to review the case in a post on the “Help Find Tom Brown” FB page:

“Good evening. We wanted to give you all an update regarding the Brown case.

First, the Texas Attorney General has agreed to review the case. This is huge and our thanks to the office of the Governor and other state elected officials that the PSB Investigators [Private Security Bureau, which falls under the Regulartory Services Division of the Texas Department of Public Safety; I believe Klein is referring to himself and his employees, who are licensed by the State of Texas to work as a private investigator] have had the chance to visit with over the last few weeks. Not to mention one great lady being Penny Meeks, Toms Mom.

[SBM]”
Help Find Tom Brown
More info on the Private Security Bureau:
TxDPS - Private Security Program
https://www.tali.org/index.php?option=com_community&view=profile&userid=23123273&fromSearch=true&searchTask=usersearch&searchUuId=&searchTemplateId=524&params[value511980]=Philip&params[value511982]=Klein&params[value511985]=&params[option]=com_community&params[view]=search&params[task]=usersearch&params[templateId]=524

About a month later, Klein posted:

“Good Afternoon - We wanted to give you the public a quick update on the Brown case.

Over the past couple of weeks - we have been in direct communication with the State of Texas Attorney General's office. We want to assure you the public that these investigators are highly trained and outstanding public servants. They are working hard on the case and following leads. We have offered, and they have accepted our case work regarding the case.

We know many of you are concerned - and we know many of you love and care for the family. We do as well. Thus our complete cooperation and case file communication with the AG Investigators.
It is always great to have another set of eyes on this case.

We ask you, the general public, to have faith in all of us on the PSB side - as well as the LE side. We (PSB) have made bounds and strides on this case now. We will continue to work hard for the family - and bring them - and you - the answers to this case.

‘For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.’” (BBM)
Help Find Tom Brown

And then a month after that:
“Investigators Comments : We wanted to give you an update. The case is progressing forward and evidence is being re-reviewed which is common in these cases. We can report that the OAG is as well working very hard on the case as is the Texas Rangers. All we ask for is your prayers to lead us in the right direction. We cannot say enough regarding the OAG and their hard working team. We are proud they represent the State of Texas.“ (BBM)
Help Find Tom Brown

It would be wonderful to see similar posts on the BPH page in the near future.

There is a thread on Tom’s case here on WS:
TX - TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016

There's at least one positive post on BPH, but not "offically official," just yet. :)

I was hoping for an update from Klein after it was said that the Texas AG's office was going to review the case :( Please, please let it be that they can help move this towards a resolution with more answers. Does anyone have an idea as to why there hasn't been more of an "official" announcement from either the AG's office, Klein's office, or the family? Does anyone know more about the actual process? BringPapawHome#

wow nice to have you here.welcome to the group.
Thank you sir. You’re local? We were unaware of the Chambers case when we bought the property, but have spent quite a bit of time researching it recently. That’s what brought me to this site. I’ve read this entire thread as well as the previous one, but none of the others at this point. I wanted to clarify some misinformation I have seen about the property. I’m sure I am missing some, but the ones that come to mind are:
1. The creek bed behind the house is dry unless it rains hard and for an extended period of time.
2. One of the neighbors mentioned a white truck and someone in a gray (?) shirt between the house and shop. The company that checks the septic system uses white trucks, and the tech wears a gray shirt. The septic is between the house and shop.
3. The lock on the shop door can be opened with a code or a key. Keys are not required. Only the deadbolt locks, not the knob. You do not need a code or key to lock the door from the outside.
4. The back of the shop is only visible from the house directly northeast across fm 2101, and even then, only partially.
5. The culvert the dogs hit on is nowhere near our mailbox. It is 50 yards south of our property line on fm 2101. It is large enough to walk through, but not standing upright. Easily accessible by walking through the bar ditch, which varies in depth 4-6 feet below the level of the road.
6. We drive the route MC supposedly took while riding a bike every week. There’s no possible way he would have gone unnoticed. In 5 months I have seen one bicycle on fm 2101 and it stuck in my memory - probably because I was stuck driving 10mph behind him for over a mile. The shoulder for at least half of the route is 18” at most... usually less or non-existent.
7. There are two places to access lake Tawakoni within 2.3 miles. One is at the end of hideaway estates (1.8 miles) and requires a gate code to access. The other is 2.3 miles south on fm 2101. There is no dock at this boat ramp, and a residence facing the ramp 60 feet away.
8. The bloody dowel rod seen in photos is a cutoff from a closet rod in the bathroom of the shop. I have another cutoff from that closet rod in the shop. It’s pine and weighs less than a pound. I’m a big guy, and there’s no way I could knock someone out with it. Make someone mad - certainly.

I hope to be of some assistance to others more familiar with the MC investigation, given I have unique access to the property.

Last edited:
Thank you sir. You’re local? We were unaware of the Chambers case when we bought the property, but have spent quite a bit of time researching it recently. That’s what brought me to this site. I’ve read this entire thread as well as the previous one, but none of the others at this point. I wanted to clarify some misinformation I have seen about the property. I’m sure I am missing some, but the ones that come to mind are:
1. The creek bed behind the house is dry unless it rains hard and for an extended period of time.
2. One of the neighbors mentioned a white truck and someone in a gray (?) shirt between the house and shop. The company that checks the septic system uses white trucks, and the tech wears a gray shirt. The septic is between the house and shop.
3. The lock on the shop door can be opened with a code or a key. Keys are not required. Only the deadbolt locks, not the knob. You do not need a code or key to lock the door from the outside.
4. The back of the shop is only visible from the house directly northeast across fm 2101, and even then, only partially.
5. The culvert the dogs hit on is nowhere near our mailbox. It is 50 yards south of our property line on fm 2101. It is large enough to walk through, but not standing upright. Easily accessible by walking through the bar ditch, which varies in depth 4-6 feet below the level of the road.
6. We drive the route MC supposedly took while riding a bike every week. There’s no possible way he would have gone unnoticed. In 5 months I have seen one bicycle on fm 2101 and it stuck in my memory - probably because I was stuck driving 10mph behind him for over a mile. The shoulder for at least half of the route is 18” at most... usually less or non-existent.
7. There are two places to access lake Tawakoni within 2.3 miles. One is at the end of hideaway estates (1.8 miles) and requires a gate code to access. The other is 2.3 miles south on fm 2101. There is no dock at this boat ramp, and a residence facing the ramp 60 feet away.
8. The bloody dowel rod seen in photos is a cutoff from a closet rod in the bathroom of the shop. I have another cutoff from that closet rod in the shop. It’s pine and weighs less than a pound. I’m a big guy, and there’s no way I could knock someone out with it. Make someone mad - certainly.

I hope to be of some assistance to others more familiar with the MC investigation, given I have unique access to the property.

Wow. That is some extremely valuable information. Thank you so much for coming here to share. I can't imagine what I would feel if I bought property and then found out something like this, but I love that yall have taken an interest in helping his case, once you found out. There just.might be a reason that property ended up yours. Thanks again for being here.

Welcome, and thank you for the very helpful information! I want to encourage you to be in contact with Mr. Klein, if you aren’t already. Peace to you!

Thanks for the info.I'm not local I feel like I should be as I have been following this case and have made a lot of facebook friends in the county.It must have been quite a surprise.IMO I thought the dowel was just rolled in the blood.Have you heardd another thing about the Texas AG maybe having to look at your property since they are looking into the case again.

Oh my goodness, thank you SO MUCH for posting, Kettenhund!

I find it particularly interesting that the keypad for the shop door has never been mentioned by anyone, including the verified insiders. And since I am a stickler for details ...:

Just to confirm:

1) The keypad is for the shop door (“man door”), not the garage door, correct?

2) Do you mean that when you use the keypad, you can unlock the deadbolt only (not the knob).

3) When you close the door from the outside (or the inside for that matter), does the deadbolt lock automatically?

4) Say, someone who doesn’t know the code, but has a key, needs to enter the shop. Would they need only one key to unlock both the deadbolt and the knob?

5) Do you believe it’s possible that the keypad was installed and/or the locks were replaced after Mr. Chambers’ disappearance (e.g., the keypad “looks new,” this particular knob is shinier than other ones, etc.)?

If you do not feel comfortable answering any of the questions, I completely understand.

Thanks again for joining us!

IMO I thought the dowel was just rolled in the blood.Have you heardd another thing about the Texas AG maybe having to look at your property since they are looking into the case again.
RBASBM for focus

Me, too, and now more than ever. The “crime scene” was staged, IMO, and by someone other than Mr. Chambers.

Welcome to WS and very glad to have you here!

I have the same questions as inmyhumbleopinion, so eagerly await any answers you can give. Also, the photos you or any of us have seen of a bloody dowel rod were NOT photos of the actual dowel rod in question. I should try to find a link for that, but I'm not sure where to begin. It could have been on the BringPaPawHome Facebook page some time ago, when that was clarified. The photos shown were on at least one of the television shows re: MC's case. A photo was also shown of cash on a vehicle console, and that also was not the actual cash in MC's truck. Those things were staged just for the TV show. The blood pool and drops and other photos of the shop were certainly the real deal, though.

Welcome to WS and very glad to have you here!

I have the same questions as inmyhumbleopinion, so eagerly await any answers you can give. Also, the photos you or any of us have seen of a bloody dowel rod were NOT photos of the actual dowel rod in question. I should try to find a link for that, but I'm not sure where to begin. It could have been on the BringPaPawHome Facebook page some time ago, when that was clarified. The photos shown were on at least one of the television shows re: MC's case. A photo was also shown of cash on a vehicle console, and that also was not the actual cash in MC's truck. Those things were staged just for the TV show. The blood pool and drops and other photos of the shop were certainly the real deal, though.
P.S. I've been trying to edit my above post but having troubles with either this site or my internet. I just wanted to add that you should take what I said about the rod and cash photos as not necessarily factual, until I or someone better at finding old "stuff" can link that info. I do know we discussed it here, and various other venues. I do believe it was a family member who eventually clarified those photos.

Thank you so much for taking an interest in Pawpaw’s case and for finding Websleuths. You can be a great assess to those still wanting to sleuth the case. I mostly just pray and post encouragement cause I’m not that good as a sleuth. I feel so much for this family who has been left in limbo. I also encourage you to be in contact with the private investigator, Mr Klein. I’m not sure if talking to you would help him move the case forward but he seems a nice person so couldn’t hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopyxxoo31