GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This family needs answers. I feel like the not knowing is similar to a chronic illness and significantly wears out/ages families of missing loved ones. I don’t know why but this has been the most frustrating and sad case I have followed here. Something happened to Jenna.. what? Someone needs to speak up.

There is an update on that article now. I don't believe it is Jenna. The article states that an investigator says, "it is highly unlikely we will ever be able to identify them". Surely they would be able to extract DNA out of bones, so if it was Jenna they would know because I am pretty sure they have her DNA from her hairbrush and also have her family's DNA. Police investigating human bones found in NW Atlanta
I prefer to think that Jenna was kidnapped and trafficked rather than murdered. I am still hopeful!

Thanks. A big question mark......maybe they should do some communication training.....wouldn't is be better 'communication wise' to tell the reason why they think it's highly unlikely they will ever be able to identify them.....

This family needs answers. I feel like the not knowing is similar to a chronic illness and significantly wears out/ages families of missing loved ones. I don’t know why but this has been the most frustrating and sad case I have followed here. Something happened to Jenna.. what? Someone needs to speak up.

It reminds me of he case of Julie Love.
Such a big mystery for so long.

I was working in Buckhead at the time and got my first cell phone for Christmas- mounted in the car, of course!

And in those days few cell phone towers and not many cameras, except in department stores.

You’re right @MFH- gotta be taking a huge toll of the VG family.
Still not sure why there wasn’t a search around Defoor.

JMO

There is an update on that article now. I don't believe it is Jenna. The article states that an investigator says, "it is highly unlikely we will ever be able to identify them". Surely they would be able to extract DNA out of bones, so if it was Jenna they would know because I am pretty sure they have her DNA from her hairbrush and also have her family's DNA. Police investigating human bones found in NW Atlanta
I prefer to think that Jenna was kidnapped and trafficked rather than murdered. I am still hopeful!

This comment in the link upsets me. ""it is highly unlikely we will ever be able to identify them""

We have so many threads here, with DNA repositories to help with missing persons, that this was not further explained why they don't think the mother/sister/brother etc. will ever be identified.

For people having missing persons, this seems to be a slap in the face.

This comment in the link upsets me. ""it is highly unlikely we will ever be able to identify them""

We have so many threads here, with DNA repositories to help with missing persons, that this was not further explained why they don't think the mother/sister/brother etc. will ever be identified.

For people having missing persons, this seems to be a slap in the face.

It’s sad that Dekalb County appears uninterested in Jenna’s case.

Remains were found by a hiker last evening at Kennesaw Mountain Battlefield. It appears CCPD will investigate as they appear to be human.
There is a young guy who went missing in that area, or it could be anyone, including JVG.

Possible human remains found on Kennesaw Mountain, Cobb police say

JMO

The remains have been identified. It is not JVG.

It is a local 25 year who went hiking in Kennesaw Mountain Battlefield. He had been missing since March 9. RIP David Blake.

Several searches had been done in the spring- his remains were found closer to Stilesboro Rd.

I am glad our local PD believes identification of remains is important.

REMAINS FOUND KENNESAW MOUNTAIN: Skeletal remains found on top of Kennesaw Mountain

JMO

I wish there was a way to get more people interested in Jenna’s case! IMO it IS solvable. For some reason it just hurts that much more when someone who can be easily taken advantage of, is taken advantage of, and has so few people advocating for her outside of her family.

I just want justice for Jenna!

I wish there was a way to get more people interested in Jenna’s case! IMO it IS solvable. For some reason it just hurts that much more when someone who can be easily taken advantage of, is taken advantage of, and has so few people advocating for her outside of her family.

. Double post

Last edited:
Reactions: MFH

Unfortunately Dekalb County appears to not care.
Glad I no longer live in Dekalb.
Need Dateline or 20/20 or 48 hours to do an episode. Needs national exposure.

JMO

It felt to me that LE never has taken this case seriously. Jenna didn't voluntarily disappear! Something happened to her and those responsible need to be held accountable. But how? And what reason would the possible perps have for coming forth with information when they've gotten by with whatever that happened? Such an injustice.

@2Hope4 maybe WS could do a podcast...

I think the reason LE didn’t take JVG disappearance seriously is her age.
I still don’t understand why M/M VG had so much trouble getting copies of HVG cell phone histories.
And why LE didn’t search the “roommate’s” apt. is beyond me.

JMO

Thank you for posting that article. Is it me, or are the last pings at 7:15 a.m. and 7:45 a.m. in Fairburn new information? Isn't one of the men from the timeline in Fairburn?

Thank you for posting that article. Is it me, or are the last pings at 7:15 a.m. and 7:45 a.m. in Fairburn new information? Isn't one of the men from the timeline in Fairburn?

I's not new information. There was a lot of discussion Jenna could have been dumped on a landfill in Fairburn but that isn't an official thought, just speculation. At least her phone (s?) pinged there. I can't recall this instant if it was only one phone that pinged or both...and if one...... which on? For what I know the men from the timeline where all from Atlanta.

Oh I must have missed those posts. Fairburn is right under Atlanta. It does not take long to get there at all, its a straight shot on the highway too. This would be a quick dumping ground for anyone on the south side. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes