AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Missing teen Jayme Closs screamed for help in a 911 call amid her parents’ brutal murders, a neighbor claimed cops told her in an exclusive interview with RadarOnline.com

Missing Teen Jayme Closs Screamed 'Help!' In 911 Call Amid Parents' Murders

Interesting....and I am glad that we can use RadarOnline now. So the neighbor-lady who heard the shots now knows what was said on the 911 call, too. I wonder if LE let that slip to her when they were interviewing her before the Sheriff started keeping everything close to the vest?

Good morning everyone. May today be the day that Jayme is found!

“”We’re all heartsick," Kathy Fladten, the wife of Barron Mayor Ron Fladten, told Fox News. "It’s unbelievable that this would happen here in this area. I know a number of people that just have a feeling of doom and gloom.”

“I’ve never been one to believe in owning a gun," she said, "but I’m almost ready to go get one.”“

Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs at top of FBI kidnappings and missing persons list

I , like some others here, have been thinking about that chair. I have a couple of scenarios where either Jayme or her mother was tied to the chair prior to the father coming home from work.
  1. Maybe the perp has a fascination with the mother, maybe works at Jennie O, knows the father is working late. He ties up Jayme with the intention of taking the mother. Dad comes home, breaks down the door and is shot. Perp panics, shoots Mom, cuts Jayme loose and brings her with him because she can ID him/needs a hostage/she was actually the object of his fantasies.
  2. The perp is looking for money or drugs. He picks a random house, off the road. Ties up Jayme to force Mom to tell where valuables are. Dad comes home, breaks down the door and is shot. Same ending as #1 above.
  3. I actually was about to include a scenario where Mom was tied up, but if she was, why would the perp cut her loose? Maybe rape? Was Mom sexually assaulted?

I really think someone was tied to that chair at some point. There appeared to be blood on it. Perhaps the perp was beating info out of one of them making the other 2 watch. What was he seeking? Whose blood was on the chair?

Questions that need answers:

Did LE break down the door? Log says “door has been kicked in”. I think the officer is reporting the way he found it, not that he did it. Also the report that “he was answering the door and was shot” probably should have been preceded by, “It looks like”. There was no way for the officer to have known what exactly happened at that point. Were Dad’s feet towards the door or his head? Was he shot in the front or the back?

Why did they initially suspect suicide? Did the call from Denise’s phone have someone yelling “Don’t shoot”?

Regarding the neighbor’s account of the gunshots and the timing: The wife said that LE told her that her clock was off by 8 minutes and that the shots would have been at approximately 12:38 not 12:30 as she originally thought. In one of her statements she said she went back to bed and got up about a half hour later to look out the window but didn’t see anything. That would have been about 1:15. Why didn’t she see the flurry of activity at the Closs’? (At least the blue or red emergency lights of the first responders.)

There has been a lot of discussion as to why the perp would hang around after the 2 loud gunshots at 12:38. I don’t think he would worry about someone reporting shots in that area. What did send him running was the call on Denise’s cellphone to 911. I think the commotion that LE reports hearing may have been him discovering Denise, or Jayme, trying to make that call.

LE reported they did not see other vehicles on the road as they responded to the call. Since they focused their search to the west of the Closs home, I suspect that they responded from the east. That was the direction of town so the suspect probably drove away from town as he made his escape.

These are all my random thoughts as I try to figure out this mystery.

I have a hard time believing only one perpetrator is out there. It seems as though the crime took place in a short span of time. On the other hand, I wouldn’t think there would be an accomplice if it were a crime of passion. Who would help out a buddy like this? Unless they’re both sadistic and have a warped mind. Idk. Crazy people live among us. Scary to think

“Investigators believe that the killer came to the home with the specific intention of abducting Jayme, an FBI source told RadarOnline.com.

'There is a report that someone allegedly knocked on the door and as the father went to answer it gunfire erupted through the door. That has not been confirmed yet as it's an active investigation,' the source said.

'The mother appeared to have barricaded herself in the bathroom and called police,' added the source.“

Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs now tops FBI missing persons list | Daily Mail Online

The 911 dispatch log says the male down had opened the door. He couldn’t have walked in on things if he’s the one who had answered the door.

115 - 10/15/2018 01:05:19] 317 REQUESTED ERT BE PAGED OUT. ADVISED THE DOOR HAS BEEN KICKED IN. ADVISED THAT THE MALE WHO IS DOWN HAD ANSWERED THE DOOR.UNKNOWN IF ANYONE IS MISSING.
SENT ERT PAGE.”

911 dispatch log: Call made from Denise's cell phone, door kicked in

The 911 dispatch log says the male down had opened the door. He couldn’t have walked in on things if he’s the one who had answered the door.

115 - 10/15/2018 01:05:19] 317 REQUESTED ERT BE PAGED OUT. ADVISED THE DOOR HAS BEEN KICKED IN. ADVISED THAT THE MALE WHO IS DOWN HAD ANSWERED THE DOOR.UNKNOWN IF ANYONE IS MISSING.
SENT ERT PAGE.”

This makes no sense because he was down when they got there. I assume based on the positioning, they assumed he answered the door. A lot of assumptions in that transcript and it’s confusing a lot of people.

New 911 logs appear to indicate Denise’s cellphone placed the 911 call and that James Closs answered the door and was the first to be shot to death.
“ADVISED ONE MALE DOWN, MULTIPLE ROUNDS SPENT. REQUESTED THAT ADMIN BE NOTIFIED,” the 911 call logs read around 1:04 a.m.
Then at 1:05 a.m.:
“ADVISED THE DOOR HAS BEEN KICKED IN. ADVISED THAT THE MALE WHO IS DOWN HAD ANSWERED THE DOOR. UNKNOWN IF ANYONE IS MISSING.
Police arrived at the house in about four minutes to find Denise and James dead
“ADVISED TWO SUBJECTS DOWN,” at 1:08 a.m.
We are hopeful to learn more about the Closs family to help bring Jayme home,” Fitzgerald said in a statement. “If you spent time with members of the Closs family recently, or if you have ever had a misunderstanding with members of the Closs family, or know someone who has, please call the tipline.”
Fitzgerald announced hundreds of people have been interviewed and asked others to watch if their friends’ or family members’ behavior has changed during the week.
WISCONSIN TEEN JAYME CLOSS AT TOP OF FBI KIDNAPPINGS AND MISSING PERSONS LIST
“People may act differently shortly after committing a violent act,” he said.
Changes included missing work, scheduled appointments and leaving town.
Details emerge on 911 call made day Jayme Closs vanished, parents were murdered – Brinkwire

I don’t know why and I haven’t read most posts just a few on each thread. But this reminds me sooo much of the Douglas Garland case here in Canada. I know it’s very different but something is niggling at me that it’s similar. I don’t think Jayme was the intended victim I think she was just a “bonus” shivers.

Did LE break down the door? Log says “door has been kicked in”. I think the officer is reporting the way he found it, not that he did it. Also the report that “he was answering the door and was shot” probably should have been preceded by, “It looks like”. There was no way for the officer to have known what exactly happened at that point. Were Dad’s feet towards the door or his head? Was he shot in the front or the back?
I'm not sure about the chair, but from my experience police reports are not always reliable. I would understand that an officer who has to write a report after witnessing a crime scene like that and while they're still gathering all the info will sometimes get some detail wrong. Which is frustrating for us who are trying to understand what happened. I can't think of another recent example at the moment, but it's happened to me before. Having said that it's very likely that either dad or LE had to kick in the door.

It makes me queasy to think that the neighbor is telling this stuff only to a “news outlet” that pays her, that she’s making money off this tragedy.
I would like to think she told le before any news outlet. She may be doing the interviews to try and help and Not for the money. If I were her I would tell media. And not because I wanted their money. I’d do it in hopes of helping solve the crime. Unless of course le told me not to. I wouldn’t do anything to hinder an investigation. All this is moo!

I think the jail roster thing is interesting and here’s why:

In Rita Gutierrez’ case a POI was sitting in the local jail on related charges until they were able to forensically tie him to this case 2 or so months later. Meanwhile the public didn’t know he was in jail, as the police did not release this.

SENT ERT PAGE.”

I take this as the officer was letting dispatch know that he kicked the door in. And that he could see the dad was laying deceased which is why he kicked it in to get to him. I feel like the dad did answer the door for the perpetrator and not le. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998