AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO it does not clarify which side of the door Mr Closs was on. However, I am leaning towards he was inside the home.

Yes logically I would think it meant he was inside of his home when he opened the door and was immediately shot and killed.

There would be all sorts of blood on the porch if he was coming into his home. The porch area would have become a part of the crime scene. The porch area seems to be clear of any blood.

Upon further review, I'm in absolute agreement. The front left of the chair is splintered wood. The splinters protrude from the top and bottom of the chair and don't move around the way that the cushion ties do in the back as he's carrying it. I still think there is no evidence of blood. What caused the splintering in the chair is anyone's guess, gunshot, object being swung at it?
It being used as a weapon against the intruder? I need to find the video of this again... I don't think there's blood on it either.

Thank you. These answers make more sense IMO since I personally could not picture for example someone tied to the chair.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/barron6-jpg.151409/

There is no seat cushion. Why cut away a cushion and leave strings? If someone cut away the cushion, the strings would fall off. The chair was taken into evidence.

While I am glad the photography poster upthread pointed out how color can bleed in an image, and there is a bright red truck to the left, look at the lower rung on the side facing the camera and those two separated red areas do not look like photographic artifacts.

I haven't read anything even closely related to that topic. The mother's age seems perfectly normal for a 13 year old. An angry biological father could be a possibility but Jayme really favors her parents.

Denise, the mother, would have been about 33 yrs old when she had Jayme.

I think the confusion may be as it relates to the parents present ages of 46 and 56 as of last Sunday night. I believe they were the biological parents, especially too the name Jayme sounds like named mostly for her father James. IMO.

I am a long time viewer of WS and have not posted in a while. Having a background in LEO and having discussed this case with many local WI individuals from the area I believe it only helpful to write here what I have heard and surmised. I am from WI, not so far from Barron. I am deeply concerned about this being a sex trafficking or related case. The concern is partly based on my knowledge of the local area and the infiltration of drugs and illicit behavior in the area. Follow the money is a common and important statement. Where drugs go money is its direct roommate.

I have spoken to an individual who states that she is distant relation to the family. This person stated that Jamey was at a family event the day before the incident. <modsnip - rumor, not from allowed source>. We all should be aware of the dangers of the internet and social media activity for the young and innocent youth who may get caught up in things they do not expect, or even understand.

Did Jamey have an ongoing relationship with an individual or individuals from a social media site or any other sites? Barron is a small town of around 3300 people and it would not be surprising at all for youth in the area to have social media presences outside their parents knowledge base.

Did Jamey divulge her address or any details that would ultimately lead an assailant or assailants to her home?

Unfortunately one piece of evidence that would likely illuminate a pathway to answering these questions is currently nowhere to be found. That being Jamey's Cell phone. There are of course other ways for experienced investigators to locate digital information but the phone would be pivotal. The data on the cell phone is likely known to pose a risk to the suspect or suspects and so it may have been destroyed.

I really hope investigators locate a digital footprint that leads to Jamey being found alive. Bless her family and the community.

Last edited by a moderator:
*raises hand* I'm the one who mentioned repetition of the number 100.

-Sheriff in early PC stated it twice: "100%. 100%..."
-Early article stated 100 personnel on case between LE and FBI.
-JLC weighs 100 pounds.
-LE requested 100 volunteers exactly.

Another poster mentioned that 100 volunteers was not divisible by 7 person groups, and that's what caused me to notice the repetition of 100 and wonder if it was a message.

Now add the unnamed source to RadarOnline using "100%" as well.
How would any of this be relevant to this case?

“I also wonder if he could have parked somewhere secluded instead of the driveway, then taken Jayme with him on foot to where his car was waiting“ as said above ...

I haven’t been able to speculate on much of anything but the 4 minute escape. And I don’t think they would have been able to do that using a long driveway in a vehicle.

And surely they reviewed dash cams on police cars coming to the scene and would have maybe passed them.

Checking to see if I know how to post @elektroangel 's chair picture from thread 3

screen-shot-2018-10-16-at-2-37-07-pm-png.151647

I too have read that the mom was in the bathroom but i don’t remember reading the source for that information. Was the mom found in the bathroom?
LE has not confirmed this, I think it may be speculation based on something that came from a " source" who claims that's what they were told. But so far it has not verified, that I know of. Jmo

I want to circle back to the FBI's request for people to come forward if they or someone else had a misunderstanding with the Closs's.

I am on my phone that's not user friendly in linking back the FBI page.

So their request, IMO, indicates someone known to the Closs's. The kicking in of the door indicates someone angry with them. Someone known to them could be local and explain the quick getaway.

Who is this person?

IMO, JMO, MOO.......

It's terrible writing and I suspect terrible reporting. We'll see.
I think what is confusing is that there were two agencies involved. Local police and then they called the sheriffs dept. The deputies would be the sheriff department.

Yes logically I would think it meant he was inside of his home when he opened the door and was immediately shot and killed.

There would be all sorts of blood on the porch if he was coming into his home. The porch area would have become a part of the crime scene. The porch area seems to be clear of any blood.

There was a powerwasher sitting on the front steps in some of the footage. I didn't mention earlier because it's a grim reality of the crime scene. But I'm guessing they have done cleanup in areas after clearing them?

You know how in cold cases they give the file to someone new, and then he or she (or partners) begins at zero and goes and looks (when possible) at the evidence, the scene, etc. and just starts from scratch?

It is "early," but since every second counts, I wish LE would go with the cold case protocol and assign this case to the best cold case detectives in Wisconsin.

Unorthodox, yes, but think outside the box for Jayme's sake.

I'd like LE to go back to the house, review the drone footage also, and try to determine by what method Jayme was taken (car, foot, ATV). Maybe get a tracker in who is able to read forest signs to see if they left through the wooded area. But maybe too late for that. It's just so horrifying. Poor little Jayme.

I want to circle back to the FBI's request for people to come forward if they or someone else had a misunderstanding with the Closs's.

I am on my phone that's not user friendly in linking back the FBI page.

So their request, IMO, indicates someone known to the Closs's. The kicking in of the door indicates someone angry with them. Someone known to them could be local and explain the quick getaway.

Who is this person?

IMO, JMO, MOO.......
IMO, their request means they don't have a clue as to who did this.

Could be a factual report. 'Quick dig for info on reporter yielded:

Winning Best Localized National Story was associate editor Eileen Nimm for her reporting on immigrant dairy farm workers. Managing editor Ryan Urban received honorable mention in the same category for reporting on the reaction of the local Somali community to a travel ban placed on immigrants from seven countries, including Somalia.

The Chronotype wins 11 state newspaper awards

Did she purposefully misword details?
I don't understand the point. Please clarify.

I just saw the photo of the chair and drawing on my experience I believe it is taken out due to the presence of blood (or belief it contains biological evidence), or damage believed to have occurred in the commission of the crime. Of course if it were impacted by gunfire or blood spray, the position of the chair in the home would be a piece of the scene investigators would use to map out the scene and positioning as a whole. It is odd that the strings are still attached if they are cushion strings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288