AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having trouble with pasting links per 911 call,and police responce.
A couple things really stood out to me.
1. Who was circling/driving around and got stopped by LE?
2. Who's drone was found flying around the scene?
1. An 18 year old woman and a child.
2. It was a drone belonging to the Barron County Sheriff's Office per the request to get it around 1:30am per the 911 call log.

Well, it's certainly not some kind of tag like I first thought. You can clearly see on this picture that whatever it is isn't tied on. It's in the seat. I'll go along and now say, yes, splinters.
screen-shot-2018-10-16-at-9-44-17-pm-png.151654
Thank you. I see what you mean now about the splintered wood and grazed edge.

“By early Saturday afternoon,Fitzgerald revealed investigators have so far received “over a thousand tips and have thoroughly investigated over 800 of them.”
“We know bringing Jayme home is your highest priority too,” he continued in a statement shared on the department’s Facebook page.
“It’s important to understand that as our investigation progresses, we are constantly learning new information that guides our progress.”“

'A lot of yelling' in 911 call made the morning missing 13-year-old Jayme Closs vanished - NY Daily News

This chair has to mean something. If it "only" had blood on it then surely they would not need to bring the whole chair in as evidence. For as gruesome as the le have made it sound, there could be blood all around and on furniture, appliances ect but you don't see them bringing out couches, beds, kitchen table, end tables ect. Something significant is with this sole chair imo.
Maybe it was found overturned and they are hoping for DNA evidence or prints. Jmo

I'm not clear on how long the 911 call was and how it was dropped. Looks like it came in at 00:53:26 and between then and 00:56:01 the call dropped, dispatch tried to call back, and pinged the phone. If it was a 911 hang up, who hung it up?

I'm not clear on how long the 911 call was and how it was dropped. Looks like it came in at 00:53:26 and between then and 00:56:01 the call dropped, dispatch tried to call back, and pinged the phone. If it was a 911 hang up, who hung it up?

We don't know how the call was disconnected. Previous reports said the call was less than one minute. moo

ETA: Could have been a poor connection, battery died or someone physically ended the call.

I don't understand the point. Please clarify.

I was actually responding to the post linked below.
Maybe it is a poorly written, poorly reported, and/or misleading article? My post was just an attempt to provide more info on EN (the writer).

"It's terrible writing and I suspect terrible reporting. We'll see."

AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

ETA: The news report was later clarified (the "original" article was confusing and was deleted from this thread).

Clarification: Chilling details revealed in dispatch record

Last edited:
Good afternoon. I'm way behind on reading so forgive if this has already been posted but here is a brief video showing the search and talking about one of the therapy dogs sent to Jayme's school:

Hoping today is the day Jayme comes home.

Other than this neighbor hearing the two shots I no longer find her credible on anything else she has added to it.

So much of what she says doesnt add up with those who actually do know this family. Quite the opposite from what she has said actually.

It bothers me greatly she is making money off of this horrible tragedy and it's even worse because she really doesnt know this family or anything about them.

I wish the police would tell her to quit talking.

Absolutely agree with you. She's sucking herself into a bad place, imo, v and could even be compromising her own safety arranging out like this .

What do we know about the neighbor, anyway? Are allowed to look into internet background info on them as well or no because they are not a victim/named suspect?

My only thoughts so far is that i find it hard to believe this is anything but a professional(s) doing this. I need to think it over some more before i have an opinion further but.... 4 minutes is definitely doable. Unless the info we have is entirely wrong somehow, I can't see some random child predator from the internet or locally so easily abduct her in this manner and pull it off like a movie heist and disappear.

Did someone say in a previous thread they had found construction blueprints of the house or something, or was that just someone wishing we did?

Not sure why this didn't post. Where did we find out that the house was ransacked? I can't find statements from LE on that point and also they have not said there was an intruder. From all their statements I've read, they simply said they could not verify an intruder as it was part of their investigation. I just don't want to base theories on assumed information.
I didn't say that the house was ransacked. I said that 30 minutes wouldn't have been enough time to kill 2 people abduct another AND ransack a house looking for drugs or money. In other words, I don't believe this was a robbery or drug situation. I believe taking Jayme was the goal.

JOAN SMREKAR, CLOSS` NEIGHBOR: We had come home about 11:30. We went to bed about quarter after 12:00. We were not sleeping and we heard the first shot and just a couple seconds is the second shot. And I asked my husband, I said, were those gunshots? Because they were so loud? And he said, yes, and he said, it`s a big gun and I rolled over and looked at the time on my clock, and it said 12:38. My clock is off by seven minutes per the Sheriff`s department, so this happened roughly around 12:30.

CNN.com - Transcripts
Thats what I mean by later it was changed. Initially it was reported that she said she woke to gunshots, so it's hard to tell which is true.

BBM. But he isn't updating the public daily. The last update I saw was here where he clarified some things to that publication, not the public.

Clarification: Chilling details revealed in dispatch record

I am by no means bashing this man. He is doing his ultimate best in solving this, as are all members of LE involed in this.
The Barron County Sheriff's Office posts a daily update on their FB and have done so throughout and other posts as needed. The Sheriff said in the beginning that they would be posting updates there and their twitter feed.

I understand that the average parenting age has increased from the early 20s to mid 20s. That would still make having children in one's mid 30s and 40s atypical, no? In any case, the predominant reasons for this increase are educational pursuits and career demands. Neither of those seem to apply here.

And if they were both on second marriages and neither had children from their first marriages, then one logically has to ask why that is so. Like, is it possible that one of them could not have children?

Again, back to my reason for inquiring about this in the first place - has paternity been established?
This is a similar situation to my family - second marriages and fertility issues led my mom to not have me until she was 37 and my brothers weren't born until she was nearly 40. I don't know a lot of people my age with older parents, but most of the ones I do know had similar situations involving a divorce to one or both parents where the first marriage happened when they were VERY young and didn't last long or produce children. I also know that a lot of families similar to mine waited until they were financially stable to have children as well. I grew up about two hours from where this case happened and this seems to be pretty standard in that area for kids with older parents from what college friends have told me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong