AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am guessing that Jayme has already made some kind of contact with the outside
How can they 100 percent know that? I mean, I hope they are right! But 100 perecent? Have they talked too her?

They might have traced her electronically via mobile or social media. There must be a shed load the police are holding back.

To those who think Jayme was the target, I have two questions:

1) Why choose this plan, inevitably the path of most resistance? It doesn’t take much to come up with a plan that likely wouldn’t result in a violent confrontation and double homicide, so why would the assailant(s) choose likely the worst available option?

2) From the moment the front door was breached the assailants were in the house for over 20 minutes, but disappeared with Jayme within four minutes of the 911 call. If abducting Jayme were the objective, why weren’t they gone in 5 minutes or less? It’s not going to take 20+ minutes to round up the kid and leave, especially considering the father was out of the way almost immediately.

So far, from reading these threads, I've seen three cases referred to where parent/family were murdered and minors were abducted.

Groene Case
Hannah Anderson Case
A case with a perp named Hoffman.

I believe in each case the female abducted child survived for around a week until they were rescued (though a male child who was abducted in the Groene case was murdered post-abduction)?

All these cases feel alike. What other cases are there where adults are murdered and an 8 to 16 year old female is abducted?

Whatever was going on in the mind of the perp in each of those cases it resulted in them doing the same or similar to what's happened here. For some reason abducting the subject of their 'interest' is not enough for them, they feel they need to destroy the rest of the family in the process.

It's a terrifying possibility. And I think it also means that LE need to look not just for people who might have had disagreements with the family recently but anyone who's been friends with them or acquaintances that loosely know them and know there's a teen daughter, someone who knows them just enough to develop a fixation on this girl?

Any other types of perp we're left with the questions of why abduct from the house instead of getting J alone outside, or why was J taken instead of killed along with her parents? With this type of perp we have an answer.

As to the time between the reported hearing of the shots by the neighbors and the time the 911 call was made, I have no idea.

I ASSUME they checked everyone at the father's workplace. If he was a supervisor or a manager he could have been responsible for firing someone or causing someone to lose their job. Other than that it must be an online person who Jayme innocently gave her address to. I would think by now they scoured their computers and phones, BUT the predator could have taken Jayme's computer.:(

While I am certain they have been checking the workplace angle, it isn’t necessarily an avenue that would return quick results. I am thinking about the 4 Omaha murders that involved a disgruntled employee that took years to solve. While that one is very tragic, it did not have the urgency of this because there was no missing victim.

NE - Omaha Double Murder #3 - *Arrest Made*

We don't know how long J's mother lived. She could have managed to hit her 911 emergency button, just prior to realizing they were leaving with J. Though the assailants may have thought she was deceased, and was, minutes later. Will to survive, is strong, especially if you're trying to save your child. J may have even been able to hit Mom's 911, somehow, as the assailants (I'm guessing two), were possibly arguing, (heard people on 911 call), they then grab her and leave.
We also don't know who actually dialed 911 -- only that it was Mum's phone number that call came from. Could have been either of the victims....

I'm wondering if there are any service roads in the adjacent area that someone could have used to escape notice.

Could've also arrived/departed via an ATV across country. Makes taking a hostage a bit more challenging, but not impossible.

I just don't know- it's quite a bit of killing to abduct a teenager from an online encounter. So did Jayme then give this person her address?
I mean, we’ve seen similar cases where the family is killed and a daughter is taken. Off hand I can think of Hannah Anderson, Shasta Groene, and Sarah maynard off the top of my head alone. Also, he could have met her somewhere else, I just lean to the Internet because of how things have evolved.

As far as her address goes, she may have thought she was talking to a boy her age or the abductor searches using her name or IP address. I use Spokeo (for work purposes) and I can find pretty much anyone’s address with their phone number, email, or name. Those reports cost a buck a piece. It would spook everyone to know what I’ve been able to find on people just by being a good Googler and having a Spokeo account.

I would think if her abduction wasn’t the purpose, then they would have just killed her. Why take the risk of taking her with them? A 13 year old is not a young child that’s easier to control. Obviously, this person has no problem killing innocent people, including women. So, I totally believe her abduction was intentional.

If LE had any new information that she was without a doubt still alive, wouldn't they have made a statement by now? How would they even know if they have no idea who the suspect is? Why would they be requesting anyone with information about a misunderstanding with the parents come forward? As far as we know, there is no new information at all. Jmo
There may be a strategy in it. Also, this could be a statement made by an agent without the rest of the bureau knowing. Leakers do share information on their own for money many times.

So far, from reading these threads, I've seen three cases referred to where parent/family were murdered and minors were abducted.

Groene Case
Hannah Anderson Case
A case with a perp named Hoffman.

I believe in each case the female abducted child survived for around a week until they were rescued (though a male child who was abducted in the Groene case was murdered post-abduction)?

All these cases feel alike. What other cases are there where adults are murdered and an 8 to 16 year old female is abducted?

Lauria Bible/Ashley Freeman out of Oklahoma. In the Freeman/Bible case, they recently identified the responsible parties and it came out that they were in fact simply there to "punish" the adults; and taking Lauria/Ashley was done as an afterthought/not part of the original plan.

To be honest, I think it most likely that Jayme dialed that 911 call and she was taken as an act of rage over it.
An act of rage would likely be expressed at the crime scene, with a gun.

I still think he took her because he planned to all along.

There’s lots of unanswered questions as to why he chose to do it this way though.

There may be a strategy in it. Also, this could be a statement made by an agent without the rest of the bureau knowing. Leakers do share information on their own for money many times.

Ugh. I have mixed feelings about this possibility. Of course I am eager for any information about solving the crimes we discuss here. But accessing leaked information from a source that benefits financially from this crime is abhorrent.

The Sims isn't an online game, it's single player. There is a mobile version (again single player) but it isn't popular. It is possible to play Fortnite on one's phone, but most people play on PC or console. Fortnite isn't a good way to make new friends anyway because of the way the game works, though I suppose you could if you really tried. LE would probably know that sort of thing pretty fast.

I've made tons of mates playing Fortnite. It's actually a really social game and easy to make friends.

Shouldn't cell towers know every pinging phone even if you dont know the number you want to check for?

Like who was pinging here around this time? Bam.

Shouldn't it be that easy by now? Like a cell tower dump or something?

Ugh. I have mixed feelings about this possibility. Of course I am eager for any information about solving the crimes we discuss here. But accessing leaked information from a source that benefits financially from this crime is abhorrent.
Yeah, my inherent need to know is always at battle with my understanding that police need to keep some information confidential.

As far as leakers getting monetary compensation, even the New York Times has said there are appropriate times for it, though I would say this is not one of those times. In journalism school we learned about when it’s appropriate and when it’s not. A child’s death is not exactly that time to pay up, but studies have shown information that’s paid for is not necessarily less reliable than those that are given for free. However, perhaps a member of law enforcement who sees these crimes all the time is no longer sensitive enough to see it’s not appropriate. Just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks