GUILTY NC - Mebane, biracial Male Skeletal 437UMNC, 10-12, off I-40, Sep'98- Robert "Bobby" Adam Whitt

John's skeletal remains were found in Mebane, in a heavy brush near a billboard sign along Industrial Drive.

The sheriff said the boy was wearing khaki shorts, socks, and black sneakers, and it appeared that he had been dead for several months. A small amount of cash was also found inside his pocket.

John was identified as a Caucasian or Hispanic between 9 and 12 years old. He stood approximately 4 feet 11 inches tall and had straight brown hair.

He had no dental fillings, but some teeth had preventative sealant placed on them to help prevent cavities and decay. He had a slight overbite and his upper canine teeth were high erupting canines, commonly referred to as "fang teeth."

Chemical isotope and pollen testing revealed that John was likely not from North Carolina, but from the Southeast United States, with the highest potential from Alabama or Georgia.

Do you know them? Sheriff seeks help identifying remains found in the '90s

Unidentified Person Case

Skeleton of Strangled Boy Abandoned by an Interstate May Finally Be Identified — and Killer Found

As criminal science advanced, Horne has continued to push for new forms of investigation, including testing the insects found under the boy’s bones and conducting an isotope analysis — using the molecules in his bones and teeth — to help narrow down where in the country the boy grew up.
Each geographic region has a different pollen count and tests showed tress consistent with Northern Georgia and Northern Alabama, meaning the boy spent a significant amount of time in one of those places.

New genetic testing has also confirmed that the boy is of European and East Asian descent, disputing the long-held belief that he was Hispanic....

Unidentified Person Case

Skeleton of Strangled Boy Abandoned by an Interstate May Finally Be Identified — and Killer Found

As criminal science advanced, Horne has continued to push for new forms of investigation, including testing the insects found under the boy’s bones and conducting an isotope analysis — using the molecules in his bones and teeth — to help narrow down where in the country the boy grew up.
Each geographic region has a different pollen count and tests showed tress consistent with Northern Georgia and Northern Alabama, meaning the boy spent a significant amount of time in one of those places.

New genetic testing has also confirmed that the boy is of European and East Asian descent, disputing the long-held belief that he was Hispanic....
Oh my gosh! Big news! Is the COD as strangulation confirmed? That is the first I heard of them releasing it. It was always homicide but COD not listed or known at the time because of skeletal remains. Now the heritage of the boy finally being known is major! I hope they are highly covering this case in Georgia and Alabama. Maybe check school yearbooks?

I also want to keep in mind I had friends growing up that were biracial with one parent of Irish descent and the other of Japanese descent. Without knowing their parents you wouldn't know they were Asian. They were Blonde and their overall features appeared Caucasian. I guess it all depends on genetics.

Unidentified Person Case

so he is mixed European/Asian and not Hispanic??? that is major. can we edit the title? may want to check parental abductions around late 97-early 98.

Oh my gosh! Big news! Is the COD as strangulation confirmed? That is the first I heard of them releasing it. It was always homicide but COD not listed or known at the time because of skeletal remains. Now the heritage of the boy finally being known is major! I hope they are highly covering this case in Georgia and Alabama. Maybe check school yearbooks?

I also want to keep in mind I had friends growing up that were biracial with one parent of Irish descent and the other of Japanese descent. Without knowing their parents you wouldn't know they were Asian. They were Blonde and their overall features appeared Caucasian. I guess it all depends on genetics.

genetics are funny. I grew up with three brothers who were black and Vietnamese and they all just looked Filipino.

From the shape of his eyes I'm leaning toward him being Korean or Vietnamese. I hate to compare him to a celebrity but the eye shape reminds me of Jon Gosselin's who is Caucasian and Korean.

Another thing I've been thinking about is that I've wondered if one of his parents were absent in his life, thus are unaware of him missing. I know two people that are white/asian, oddly enough their stories are very similar regarding their families. Both have white fathers that were absent or very distant in their lives. No correlation, but just an observation. That's what made me wonder if one parent wasn't around. Another possible thing was parental abduction and one parent afraid to report him missing out of fear of deportation like in Anjelica Castillo's case.

I knew somebody who was half-English and half-Hong Kong (Hong Kong is separate from the rest of China) and I could only tell that he was Asian if I looked at him very carefully.

Random thought: there were a lot of American GIs who married Vietnamese or Thai women during the war there. This boy is about the right age to be the grandchild of one of those unions.
I've wondered that too if the Asian lineage started with a grandparent/parent. Especially with his hair color being listed as brown-dark brown instead of black which would be more consistent with having a full Asian parent (but not always like I mentioned before with my Japanese-Irish friends). But still his hair could have been bleached from the sun. Some one I know that is White-Korean might have had a father that was in the service, but I can't remember for sure. I do remember she was born in Korea and moved to the US when she was young. Her hair is black and her husband is White with blonde hair. Their children have chestnut brown hair with blonde-ish highlights in the sun. I've also wondered about the mistaken Hispanic heritage and that maybe it wasn't that mistaken at all. One of my cousin's is Hawaiian, Latino, and White. And my sister once dated a guy that was Black, Asian, and White. Could he have had an admixture that is now primarily White-Asian?

That's certainly a possibility. There's a lot of blending and mixture in this country and racial/ethnic estimating is only an approximation anyway.

We used to go on ski excursions with some of Mr. Carbuff's co-workers, one of whom was a Japanese woman married to a Polish New Yorker. Their daughter looks so much like our youngest son, who is mostly Jewish/Bohemian/Scots-Irish, that people used to take them for brother and sister, especially when they were out with her mother and Mr. Carbuff.

So I'd be willing to believe he was from almost any background.

I knew somebody who was half-English and half-Hong Kong (Hong Kong is separate from the rest of China) and I could only tell that he was Asian if I looked at him very carefully.

its just so spread out. I have two sons from the same Latino man, and I am white. one of them looks 100% Latino and the other looks 100% white. I know ppl who are mixed Asian and white who look more Asian, and some that look more white. Same with Black. Genetics are just funny.

I am wondering if they are checking dentist’s offices in North Alabama/North Georgia for records..... since they have narrowed it down to those two most likely places??

I am wondering if they are checking dentist’s offices in North Alabama/North Georgia for records..... since they have narrowed it down to those two most likely places??
I also wonder how the dental sealants can play into that search. Anyone know more about them?

its just so spread out. I have two sons from the same Latino man, and I am white. one of them looks 100% Latino and the other looks 100% white. I know ppl who are mixed Asian and white who look more Asian, and some that look more white. Same with Black. Genetics are just funny.
I know some twins like that! One parent is venezuelan and the other is white. Genetics are funny! I think the determined race should always be taken with a grain of salt with Does just for the fact of mistaken eliminations just due to that fact.

Unique Traces of Pollen Reveal an Alabama Connection to a North Carolina Cold Case
Unique Traces of Pollen Reveal an Alabama Connection to a North Carolina Cold Case
by ABC 33/40
November 12th 2018
rbbm.
"A child's body was discovered near a North Carolina interstate in 1998. 20 years later, his identity still remains a mystery.

In a special report, Christopher Sign revisits this cold case. Learn why tiny traces of pollen point to an Alabama connection, and how new technology reveals fresh clues. Perhaps you can provide information to help solve this mystery.

Thursday at 10 on ABC 33/40 News"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back