AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about this earlier and it was making me really sad. Family members have talked to the media ABOUT her but usually in these cases a family member will talk TO either the missing person and/or the perp. I find it a bit odd that they haven't done that. I really don't know why that would be...kind of makes me wonder if they do think she's deceased (despite the dubious claim to Radar from the "FBI insider" that they know she's alive). If there was a chance she was alive either by choice/having run away or by being held by the perp, I really can't imagine why someone-anyone-in the family wouldn't talk to her and/or the perp directly via the media. Mollie Tibbetts' dad for example thought she was being held by someone who was infatuated with her and had just gotten in over his head. He went on TV to try to mitigate the situation to the perp like "do the right thing you're just in a little bit of trouble you don't want this to escalate..." nothing like this for Jayme?

See my post directly above yours.

Yeah, it could really only be two likely scenarios here given the context, IMO:

1) She was the intended target.
2) <modsnip - not victim friendly>

Since LE appears to be indicating "2" is off the table, "1" is probably true.

But if she was hiding, how did the perp or perps find and subdue her in the 4-7 minutes between the 911 call and LE's arrival? That is tough to reconcile. Unless as another poster said, she was with her mother.
She’s small, and would easily be handled by a male of any size, especially one with a gun.

That house is small, and it wouldn’t have taken more than a couple of minutes to find her.

It’s late at night, she was likely in her bedroom. There’s only so many places to hide there.

(snipped by me) We also focus on how they could have got a struggling child out and in a vehicle and left in 4 minutes (actually 7.) She might have been unconscious. She might have seen them just shoot 2 people dead and be holding a gun to her. They might have thrown her in the car trunk.
Or they could just pick her up. She’s not very big.

I've come to a point where I am not at all sure there will ever be resolution. I do not know if Jayme or her remains will be found unless dumped in woods and found by hunters accidentally.

We have no idea, of course, about clues in the house.. if any, because this is an ongoing investigation in its early stages with so much to be done and discovered. We know there are spent ammo casings but no other item of substance, nor do we know if the casings are from a gun or guns belonging to the Closs's or not.

I am entering the acceptance phase of Jayme's disappearance. Statistically, she is not alive now.
Because I believe in a higher power, I believe the Closs family is with the angels in heaven.

Because there is no info forthcoming, and because I believe a break refreshes every one of us, I'll be hoping against hope that Jayme is alive, and that the case will be solved and successfully prosecuted at the right time in the future.
If things break, there'll be more to discuss than a door and a chair.
I really can't deal with a chair and a door for a while because the images tell us nothing without the narrative which accompanies each.

Blessings to you all. I think you totally rock, you are my heroes, and my friends. See you back in these case threads about the Closs family when there IS a break in the case. :)
Thanks, Seeking Jana, for this excellent answer to my question.

I have a 13 year old mainstream daughter involved with social media. There is no way in hell I believe Jayme is involved with a situation in which she interacted with an online pedophile . Most parents warn against contact with unknown people to the point that children are fearful of others. I believe she is an innocent victim. I do believe her mother did everything she could until her last breath (including making a 911 call) to protect her. I think the person was known to the father and it was a debt owed .

Have we discussed this quote from her family? (Cousin's name changed to initials by me)

Jayme Closs disappearance: Search for possible evidence along a highway comes up empty. - CNN

Some were posting on the last thread asking why none of her family has spoken to Jayme through the press to tell her they love her and are trying to bring her home, but this shows they are reaching out in their own way. I think it must be very difficult, not knowing if she is alive or dead and not knowing who murdered her parents-- and perhaps wondering if the perp is a danger to the rest of the family. If she is alive, it is unlikely an abductor would let her see her family's messages to her (JMO). But this way, posting on their social media, it get preserved for if she ever comes back (and CNN picked it up so it did make the press). Jayme will know she was loved and not forgotten about if she makes it out of this situation alive. JMO.
The comment about her dad being her " knight in Shining Armour" makes me think they had a very close relationship and he was very protective of her.

She’s small, and would easily be handled by a male of any size, especially one with a gun.

That house is small, and it wouldn’t have taken more than a couple of minutes to find her.

It’s late at night, she was likely in her bedroom. There’s only so many places to hide there.

Yes, and if she was hiding and they knew to look for her, then she was targeted by someone who had a plan. Meaning that this likely wouldn't be a random "saw her out earlier and followed her home" compulsive serial killer kind of thing.

JMO

Everyone who lives in my area has been talking about Jayme. Some even stated it was possible that Jayme May have been the one responsible for her parents deaths. It’s compelyely impossible and I get mad whenever someone says it! If Jayme ran away she would’ve been found by now!

Yeah, it could really only be two likely scenarios here given the context, IMO:

1) She was the intended target.
2) <modsnip - not victim friendly>

Since LE appears to be indicating "2" is off the table, "1" is probably true.

But if she was hiding, how did the perp or perps find and subdue her in the 4-7 minutes between the 911 call and LE's arrival? That is tough to reconcile. Unless, as another poster said, she was with her mother.
I don’t believe these are the only scenarios, I am not convinced it’s not a random home invasion. I think it’s possible it began before the shots heard by the neighbor and before the father arrived home. I think some of the observations by LE first on the scene could be misinterpreted as to what actually happened. However, I know they are professionals and they were there and I am not. The big thing for me is how did they get away in such a short period of time. All MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone who lives in my area has been talking about Jayme. Some even stated it was possible that Jayme May have been the one responsible for her parents deaths. It’s compelyely impossible and I get mad whenever someone says it! If Jayme ran away she would’ve been found by now!
People that are into the true-crime thing have likely heard of the many cases where parents were killed and it links back to a child. That’s always a consideration, but but real life doesn’t always follow the script of your favorite podcast and in this case I think it can safely be ruled out.

I’m really interested why you think this. My initial reaction was that this was probably about her, but with more info and time to digest it I feel it very clearly wasn’t.
I’ve all but eliminated robbery at this point.

I believe these people were specifically targeted.

In a revenge crime, I’d expect Jayme to have been killed alongside her parents.

Taking her from that scene, is a tremendous risk. The only reason that that makes sense to me, is if this guy wanted her sexually.

My initial thought was that this crime was precipitated by some prior online relationship. I’m backing away from this theory, as I would expect some movement in the case by now.

The comment about her dad being her " knight in Shining Armour" makes me think they had a very close relationship and he was very protective of her.

Yes, I agree. All indications are that Jayme was very close to her parents and her parents loved her. In the previous thread there was some back and forth about whether she was born late in life to her parents or not. I don't find their ages at all unusual to have a 13 year old. But one thing I do note is that people who wait a long time to have children, struggle to conceive or only have one child due to practical reasons (finances) will often cherish that one child greatly and be extra protective of them. I don't know if any of those were the situation or reason Jayme was an only child but I can tell from things her friends and family have said that they loved her and tried to make a great life for her. JMO.

I’ve all but eliminated robbery at this point.

I believe these people were specifically targeted.

In a revenge crime, I’d expect Jayme to have been killed alongside her parents.

Taking her from that scene, is a tremendous risk. The only reason that that makes sense to me, is if this guy wanted her sexually.

My initial thought was that this crime was precipitated by some prior online relationship. I’m backing away from this theory, as I would expect some movement in the case by now.

I think maybe Jayme knew something about the killer/had witnessed too much and that's the reason that she was taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle