MN - Boy, 7 mos, killed, former girlfriends of suspect asked to contact LE, Benton Co., 13 Oct 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Benton County Sheriff's Office

The Benton County Sheriff’s Office is seeking to identify and interview any women who may have been in a significant relationship with James Joseph Robert Wood (age 29), the person charged in the death of a 7 month old child from Rice, MN. The investigation into this homicide indicates that James Wood has been using on-line dating sites, including plentyoffish.com, to initiate romantic relationships with women. Detectives would like to identify and interview all women who were involved in a significant relationship with James Wood over the past 11 years. Detectives are seeking information concerning a past pattern of violence or abuse. Those who have been in a significant relationship with James Wood within since 2007 are asked to contact the Benton County Sheriff’s Office at 320-968-7201. Attached to this post is the booking photo of James Wood.

upload_2018-10-21_3-14-53.png

Man Charged in Connection to Death of Infant in Benton County

Sheriff seeks details about infant murder suspect's past relationships

Man Arrested, Charged In Connection With Infant’s Death

Police Investigating After 7-Month-Old Child Was Found Dead At Home Near Rice

St. Joseph man charged with felony murder of 7-month-old baby

Benton County Sheriff wants to talk to anyone who had a relationship with suspect in killing of infant

KVSC :: News :: Former Girlfriends Of Suspect Asked To Contact Benton County Sheriff's Office

Murder Investigation Turns To Suspect's Past Relationships

Strange. I don't think I've ever seen such a request before. Whatever pattern of abuse they are looking for, I hope the find it, and he stays in prison for life. Killing a baby. Disgusting, evil human being.

According to this article:

Wood went to the home in Rice to stay the weekend with his girlfriend and her two children.

Records show the mom put the boy down to sleep in a rocking bassinet around 8:00 p.m. on Friday. She later laid with her four-year-old boy on the couch to help him fall asleep around 9:30 p.m.

The mother told investigators she then went into the garage and drank alcohol with Wood before going to bed around midnight. The mom said both boys were asleep and were in good health when she checked on them before going to sleep. Records show Wood did not go to bed at that time.

The following morning, the mother told police she went to check on the baby and found him not breathing, cold to the touch and with bruises on his face. Wood's vehicle was gone and text messages to him went unreturned.
St. Joseph Man Charged With Murdering Rice Infant

It gets worse. The baby's brother watched. The baby and his mother have been named but I'll redact for the time being.
A 29-year-old man killed his girlfriend's 7-month-old son in her central Minnesota home with punches to the head while the boy's 4-year-old brother watched, according to charges filed Thursday.

A medical examiner's autopsy found [NB] suffered several deadly skull fractures and bruising.

Wood left the home later Saturday morning and was arrested about 5:20 a.m. near Royalton on drunken-driving and assault charges. While in custody in the Morrison County jail, he refused a preliminary breath test, physically resisted being led into his cell and punched a sheriff's deputy, the criminal complaint read.
St. Joseph man charged with fatally beating baby in front of 4-year-old brother
The article is behind a paywall but here's more (paraphrased) info:

For the last month or two Wood was staying with the mother from Friday to Monday morning on the weekends.

After drinking in the garage - and I'll add that I suspect more was being consumed - mom went to bed between 11:30 and midnight. Wood stayed up. When she got up around 10 am Saturday morning Wood was gone. 10 am with a 7 month old?

A deputy heard heard [KB] ask the 4-year-old if he saw anything. "Oh, James hit him," the boy replied. The boy also told detectives Wood was being "naughty" and showed what he saw by hitting himself on his forehead.

According to this article:

Wood went to the home in Rice to stay the weekend with his girlfriend and her two children.

Records show the mom put the boy down to sleep in a rocking bassinet around 8:00 p.m. on Friday. She later laid with her four-year-old boy on the couch to help him fall asleep around 9:30 p.m.

The mother told investigators she then went into the garage and drank alcohol with Wood before going to bed around midnight. The mom said both boys were asleep and were in good health when she checked on them before going to sleep. Records show Wood did not go to bed at that time.

The following morning, the mother told police she went to check on the baby and found him not breathing, cold to the touch and with bruises on his face. Wood's vehicle was gone and text messages to him went unreturned.
St. Joseph Man Charged With Murdering Rice Infant

It gets worse. The baby's brother watched. The baby and his mother have been named but I'll redact for the time being.
A 29-year-old man killed his girlfriend's 7-month-old son in her central Minnesota home with punches to the head while the boy's 4-year-old brother watched, according to charges filed Thursday.

A medical examiner's autopsy found [NB] suffered several deadly skull fractures and bruising.

Wood left the home later Saturday morning and was arrested about 5:20 a.m. near Royalton on drunken-driving and assault charges. While in custody in the Morrison County jail, he refused a preliminary breath test, physically resisted being led into his cell and punched a sheriff's deputy, the criminal complaint read.
St. Joseph man charged with fatally beating baby in front of 4-year-old brother
The article is behind a paywall but here's more (paraphrased) info:

For the last month or two Wood was staying with the mother from Friday to Monday morning on the weekends.

After drinking in the garage - and I'll add that I suspect more was being consumed - mom went to bed between 11:30 and midnight. Wood stayed up. When she got up around 10 am Saturday morning Wood was gone. 10 am with a 7 month old?

A deputy heard heard [KB] ask the 4-year-old if he saw anything. "Oh, James hit him," the boy replied. The boy also told detectives Wood was being "naughty" and showed what he saw by hitting himself on his forehead.
I appreciate your summary. It’s still so difficult to read. I just want to throw something when I read these stories. But then, the stress of seeing an image in my head of the exact moment of beating a baby hits my shoulders like a vise. So I just put my face down hang my head for a moment until the pain goes away. I breathe. Then on to the next horrific story. It doesn’t matter what day it is. There are always pathetic people in this world to show us how vile and cruel people can be. What is going on in their minds while they are actually physically hurting a defenseless baby? Why don’t/can’t they stop themselves?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313
Back