OH - Baby boy, 1 month, died in hot car, Muskingum County, 4 Sep 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Mother of baby left in hot car charged with murder

Samantha Donohoe, 27, was arrested Friday on four counts related to the death of her 1-month-old son - felonious assault, felony murder, endangering children and involuntary manslaughter.
upload_2018-10-21_13-53-5.jpegupload_2018-10-21_13-53-49.jpeg
If convicted, she faces life in prison, according to Muskingum County Prosecutor Mike Haddox.

At 6:25 p.m., on Sept. 4, authorities responded to a 911 call at 80 Eagleview Drive Apt. F. Upon arrival, deputies found an unresponsive baby and CPR had been started. Deputies continued CPR until EMS arrived.

The baby could not be resuscitated and was pronounced dead at the scene.

The investigation revealed that the child had been left in the car but Haddox could not say for how long.

"It was 90 degrees that day," Haddox said.

In 2017, Donohoe lost a 1-month-old daughter to asphyxiation. Through the investigation, it was determined that Donohoe had fallen asleep on the couch with the infant. When she woke up, the infant was deceased.

"We looked at that case last year and it appeared to be an accident," Haddox said.

Mother indicted for infant’s hot car death

Donohoe pleads not guilty to murdering infant son

A six-minute 911 call revealed a frantic Donohoe on the phone with dispatchers trying to revive her 57 day-old son alongside her husband, the baby’s father, Christopher Donohoe.

The dispatcher attempted to ask Samantha Donohoe if she was capable of performing CPR on the baby. It wasn’t until his sixth try that the near-hysteric Samantha Donohoe acknowledged his repeated question, allowing he Muskingum County dispatcher to connect a Community Ambulance dispatcher to the call.

Two babies she’s lost? She didn’t lose them. It sounds like she threw the innocent babies away. Surely, her two other young children are being well taken care of. It’s a wonder they are okay. Lock her up for life! At least she has a life. I’m being mean but I hope she suffers miserably. Miserably. Throw away the key and never look back.

What the heck is wrong with this woman? She accidentally suffocates one newborn and now she accidentally forgets her newborn in a hot car? Who forgets about a one-month old baby?
The dispatcher attempted to ask Samantha Donohoe if she was capable of performing CPR on the baby. It wasn’t until his sixth try that the near-hysteric Samantha Donohoe acknowledged his repeated question, allowing he Muskingum County dispatcher to connect a Community Ambulance dispatcher to the call.

“I need some help, how do you give a baby CPR? I think my baby is dead. Please help me,” Samantha Donohoe told dispatchers.

The father could be heard explaining to police that the baby was left in the car. Up until that point, it appeared that dispatchers had been under the impression that the scene was occurring indoors.

“Oh my god, please tell me he’s not dead, I already lost a baby last year,” Samantha Donohoe said.
According to Haddox, Samantha Donohoe had custody of her two grade school age children at the time of the second baby’s death.
The autopsy cites hyperthermia as COD. The father was heard in the background during the 911 call and he gave the baby CPR. He has not been charged with any crime.

The paper has the 911 call but chose not to release it.

The baby that died last year apparently was suffocated when Samantha rolled over on her while asleep. She started a to help her and her husband while they took time off from work. It was deemed an accident and no charges were laid.

Something's off. JMO.

Words fail me,I just can't understand this at all.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cynde64
Back