WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron,Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

OCT 20, 2018
Details emerge on 911 call made day Jayme Closs vanished, parents were murdered
New 911 logs appear to indicate Denise’s cellphone placed the 911 call and that James Closs answered the door and was the first to be shot to death.

“ADVISED ONE MALE DOWN, MULTIPLE ROUNDS SPENT. REQUESTED THAT ADMIN BE NOTIFIED,” the 911 call logs read around 1:04 a.m.

Then at 1:05 a.m.: “ADVISED THE DOOR HAS BEEN KICKED IN. ADVISED THAT THE MALE WHO IS DOWN HAD ANSWERED THE DOOR. UNKNOWN IF ANYONE IS MISSING.

Police arrived at the house in about four minutes to find Denise and James dead.

“ADVISED TWO SUBJECTS DOWN,” at 1:08 a.m.

Since Jayme vanished on Monday, more than 1,000 tips have poured in to authorities, Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said on Friday.

Barron County Sheriff's Department
Press Release

Oct 20, 2018

Investigators have received over a thousand tips and have thoroughly investigated over 800 of them. We are using every resource available, and have conducted hundreds of interviews, multiple searches, and are using the technical and forensic expertise of our state and federal resources to locate the person or persons who committed this offense and to locate Jayme.

I want to reiterate to the public that I am committed to releasing accurate, credible information in a timely fashion to the public. We know bringing Jayme home is your highest priority too. It’s important to understand that our investigation progresses, we are constantly learning new information that guides our progress. This can cause some confusion when the information comes from an outside source. I am the only source of credible information related to this investigation and I will update the public each day, just as I have since this investigation began.

Lastly, we want to send our heartfelt thanks to the citizens of Barron County for the outpouring of support and gratitude for those investigators working so hard to bring Jayme home. It’s been brought to my attention that we have received thank you cards from the community. I’ve directed those cards to be placed in the area that investigators pass through to grab food and pop when they have a few minutes in between covering leads, interviews, and analysis of an incredible amount of information. This way, I can ensure that those investigators working around the clock are sure to see them.

Every tip is important. The tip line is 1-855-744-3879.

Per Chris Fitzgerald, Barron County Sheriff

Investigators receive over 1,000 tips in desperate search for Jayme Closs
Someone called 911 from Denise Closs' cellphone that morning just before 1 a.m. local time, and the 911 dispatcher heard "a lot of yelling," according to records from the Barron County Sheriff's Department obtained by ABC News. The dispatcher called the number back but was unable to leave a voicemail.

More attempts were made, and the phone went unanswered. Authorities also tried calling the home's landline but it was disconnected, records show.

OCT 20, 2018
Jayme Closs Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
If you drive past the home in Barron, you can see that the front door to the family’s residence is now missing. A police and volunteer search of the ditches along the highway from Barron to Turtle Lake, Wis., didn’t turn up anything of value to the investigation.

According to Sheriff Fitzgerald, speaking in the news conference, “We’ve searched the area around the residence to make sure she didn’t just go outside and go to the woods. We’ve used drones. We’ve used infrared. We’ve searched…the area around there.

Sheriff: 'We are using every resource available"
20 October 2018

[...]
"We are using every resource available, and have conducted hundreds of interviews, multiple searches, and are using the technical and forensic expertise of our state and federal resources to locate the person or persons who committed this offense and to locate Jayme," Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said this morning.

"I want to reiterate to the public that I am committed to releasing accurate, credible information in a timely fashion to the public," Fitzgerald said. "We know bringing Jayme home is your highest priority too. It’s important to understand that as our investigation progresses, we are constantly learning new information that guides our progress. This can cause some confusion when the information comes from an outside source."

Fitzgerald stated he is the only source of credible information related to this investigation, and he will update the public each day, as he has since the investigation began.

Sheriff: 'We are using every resource available"

Sheriff asks public to report suspicious activity, behavior
October 19, 2018

“We have received more than 1,000 tips and want information to continue to come in using the tip line (855-744-3879). We have also added an email address, jaymetips@co.barron.wi.us which will accept any photos or videos related to possible sightings,” Fitzgerald said.
[...]
Suspicious activity,

changes, info sought

Throughout the investigation and search, Fitzgerald has asked that anyone report suspicious activity, including odd changes in the behavior of people you know.
Sheriff asks public to report suspicious activity, behavior

The Latest: Barron County Sheriff says progress is being made in investigation
I want to reiterate to the public that I am committed to releasing accurate, credible information in a timely fashion to the public. We know bringing Jayme home is your highest priority too. It’s important to understand that our investigation progresses, we are constantly learning new information that guides our progress. This can cause some confusion when the information comes from an outside source. I am the only source of credible information related to this investigation and I will update the public each day, just as I have since this investigation began.

OCT 18, 2018 - Amber Alert Statistics
Wisconsin Sheriff Provides Jayme Closs Updates: 'Every Second Counts' | HuffPost

While 82 percent of the Amber Alerts issued last year identified a car and 50 percent had specific license plate numbers, according to U.S. Department of Justice statistics, Closs’ case offers neither of those clues.

In Closs’ case, law enforcement is depending on public awareness to supply evidence. The Amber Alert system, launched in 1996, is a tool to notify the public about missing children so tips can be relayed to law enforcement agencies.

In 2017, 99 percent of Amber Alert cases were solved, with only two cases outstanding at the end of the year. Of the children found, 96 percent were recovered within 72 hours of the alert.

OCT 20, 2018
Green bracelets read #FindJaymeCloss, sold to fundraise for Closs family
Several businesses such as Brion’s Smokehouse Deli, Barron Area Community Center, and the Plaid Peacock supported Jayme Closs’ family during this tough time, by selling green bracelets for $5 each. And written on the bracelet spells out #FindJaymeCloss.

“I got a grandson that is about her age, and I think this could of happened to him too. It’s time something gets done to stop this kind of stuff. I pray to God and hope that they find the little girl,” said JG.

All the proceeds of each sold bracelet will go to the Closs family.

“Just growing up, I use to walk to school with one of her older cousins and Jayme would be getting dropped off by her mom Denise at the house and getting ready to go to school or whatever. And it’s been just such a nice thing seeing Jayme grow up over the years, and she is just a sweet young girl,” said SP, Brion’s Smokehouse Deli employee.

OCT 19, 2018
Family sets up benefit account for Jayme Closs
“The Closs Family Benefit Account,” was opened up by family members Friday morning, Oct. 19, 2018, to handle the many requests from those wishing to donate.

The account is with Sterling Bank and donations can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the bank’s branches in Barron, Chetek, Rice Lake and Luck. The mailing address for the Chetek branch is Sterling Bank, PO box 106, 427 Second St., Chetek, WI 54728.

BS declined to comment on the rest of the case and the family of James and Denise. He said he was advised by Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald to not to talk about it for the integrity of the investigation.

OCT 21, 2018 - THEORIES
Jayme Closs: Theories in Disappearance of Barron, WI Teen | Heavy.com
The Closs disappearance is baffling in several respects, starting with the local sheriff’s somewhat unusual admittance early on that authorities had basically no leads. “Our deputies …they’re frustrated,” said Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald in an early news conference. “…It’s just a different scene for us. We don’t have a suspect. We don’t have any leads right now. We’re working very diligently right now to get those leads. We’re working with other agencies.”

As members of the community express fear, amateur sleuths all over the Internet have taken their hand at walking through the possible theories in the case. If authorities have a working theory in the case, they aren’t saying it.

Here are some of the theories and how they contrast with the publicly known facts: (CONT. AT LINK)

Barron County Sheriff's Department
Press Release

Oct 21, 2018

We continue to investigate the disappearance of Jayme Closs. I urge the public to continue supplying us with tips. Thus far, we have received over 1,200 tips, and of those, we have thoroughly investigated over 1,000. Please use our 24 hour tip line 1-855-744-3879, email: jaymetips@co.barron.wi.us which will accept any photos or videos related to possible sightings.

As a reminder, the Gathering of Hope for Jayme Closs is taking place tomorrow evening, Monday, October 22, 2018 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. at Riverview Middle School, as announced by Diane Tremblay, Superintendent of Barron Area School District. The address of the event is 135 West River Avenue, Barron, Wisconsin. If you have questions, please contact Superintendent Tremblay, Office: 715-418-9861, or Email: tremblayd@barron.k12.wi.us

Tomorrow’s news briefing will take place at 4:00 p.m., in person, at the Barron County Sheriff’s Office, 1420 State Highway 25 North. The briefing will be hosted by Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald, along FBI Special Agent in Charge, Justin Tolomeo, and a representative of Wisconsin Department of Criminal Investigation.

Jayme remains missing and endangered and has been added to the top of the FBI’s Missing Persons list, and is currently on digital billboards nationwide. Thank you to all of our law enforcement partners, citizens and businesses of our community for your continued support and prayers to bring Jayme safely home.

Every tip is important: 1-855-744-3879

Per Chris Fitzgerald, Barron County Sheriff

Helllllpppp!!!!

OCT 21, 2018
The Latest: Tips continue to roll in for missing teen Jayme Closs, press conference Monday
The Barron County Sheriff said their department has received more than 1,200 tips, 1,000 of them already thoroughly investigated.

Tomorrow’s news briefing will take place at 4:00 p.m., in person, at the Barron County Sheriff’s Office, 1420 State Highway 25 North. The briefing will be hosted by Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald, along FBI Special Agent in Charge, Justin Tolomeo, and a representative of Wisconsin Department of Criminal Investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back